Vacation Tips for Women! :)

I was able to get a travel size Kiss Me mascara on Ebay. It was a perfect size, taking up almost no room in my makeup bag.

I like Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I'm a firm believer in body glide, but Avon also makes an antiblister balm that is good.
Have you tried Avons version of Bare essentials? Love it less expensive and just s great!! I switched over.

I wish I could wear sundresses to the parks, but I wear big, ugly running shoes so it would look ridiculous. It's t-shirts and capris for me. (I need the sun protection of clothing on my shoulders and upper legs...so no tanks or shorts for me)

I have a pair of jockey skimmies I didn't like for only one reason....because im 5 10 the shorts would roll up....defeating their purpose of preventing chafe....I ordered a pair of undersummers by carrierae and WOW not shapewear but long enough and comfy! Going to be able to wear my cargo skirts to the park now:cloud9:....the undersummers were more expensive but worth it....they make a petite version too.

OH, this along goes along the lines of vacation tips.

I try to be prepared for before and after my trip.

For example, I have a dog. I make sure in advance he is up to date on all the vaccinations needed for his boarding place. They require some extra vaccinations outside of the 'regular' ones. I make sure there are some ready made meals in the freezer, even things like frozen pizza and cans of soup so I know when we get back we have something easy for dinner. I make sure we have things like toothpaste, coffee K Cups, dog food, etc. so I don't have to worry about it when we get back.

We also make sure all the trash/recycling is handled, mail is held for a long trip (or if it's short ask a neighbor to bring it in), dishes and laundry are done. It's so tempting to say "It can wait!" so I like to get it done.

I like to make the move back to "the real world" as easy as possible.

Love this thread!!

makeup / skincare / tanning?
I am super super fair and wear sunblock year-round. I cannot and do not tan at all; SPF 50 of the CVS or Target brand version of Banana Boat SPF 50 at the beginning of the day and reapplied every few hours.
For skincare, I love First Aid Beauty products. I have pretty dry skin and it is very easy to find trial sizes of this paraben-free, all-natural brand at Sephora. I struck gold about a month ago when trial sizes of FAB moisturizer, cleanser and a few other products was a 500-point Sephora perk! These will be coming with me to Disney in July for sure.
I wear a full face of makeup every day, whether at home or traveling. My favorite stay almost all day (I always touch up back at the resort before dinner) products include: Stila one step correct face primer, Urban Decay eye primer, Tarte maracuja creaseless concealer, Make Up Forever Mat Velvet + foundation, Diorshow blackout waterproof mascara, Too Faced sunbunny bronzer, some kind of Benefit blush, Stila stay all day waterproof eyeliner (NEVER budges!!!), Urban Decay eyeshadow of choice, Urban Decay setting spra

How do you choose clothing to wear / shoes?
I mostly consider the weather; since I usually go in the heat of the summer, I'll typically wear simple black Reef flip flops (very supportive and not that ugly!). Day time outfits are breezy, loose but cute tops and short, tailored shorts. Nighttime is cotton sundresses. Never experienced chafing and have never worn shorts under dresses.

What are your *essentials* when packing for WDW?
I try to find minis of all of the products I use at home. I have very sensitive skin, so even using hotel soap/shower gel is not an option. A crossbody purse for touring the parks is beyond essential--I have a Vera Bradley hipster and a black leather Coach crossbody that are both excellent. (The Coach one is a bit smaller, but easier to pair with outfits!)

How do you manage your hair? :-)rotfl: that florida humidity and heat is so unforgiving! Speaking of...)
I love the "___ Sexy Hair" brand. They have Smooth Sexy Hair spray that you can spray both before and after blow drying for defrizzing.

Hi, ladies! I've read a few of the pages and this is something that may have been missed, but to get *personal*, what do you all do about sweating "down there"? Any good, breathable panties that you suggest? Good idea to take feminine wipes for bathroom trips or is that just one more thing to have to carry? I always worry the excessive sweating will cause odor and I want to avoid just in case.

P.S. wash new jeans multiple times before wearing in a humid climate or you will have blue legs that may take days to wash out. Not a good look if you are going swimming or going to wear shorts/skirts at some point.

Someday I'm going to learn how to actually use this site. Anyway - Ref the washing denim or any new clothing first - I second that. Several years ago I went to the parks in a new denim skort, rode Kali River Rapids and had blue legs for the next two days where the dye ran after getting so wet.

I'm currently at WDW and after reading tips on here I can endorse the use of Jockey skimmies for thigh chafing. I've tried using the monistat chafing gel and while it makes life better it didn't totally work for me. I've tried skorts, but I've found that the undershorts in most are of lose slippery material that still rides up. At the parks this trip I've noticed several women wearing tunics or mini dresses with knee length or below knee length leggings or biker shorts peaking out that looked quite cute.

I've used, as I said, the monistat gel for thighs (will now try it under make up), bandaid brand friction block for feet, baby powder for down under and on my chest, but did someone post that you can basically use either a cheap deodorant or monistat for all of these things? That would save packing several products.

And, I wish I had known about the diva cup years ago! Don't need it anymore but I wish I had had it back then!

Ref a park bag, I have used Overland Equipment Donner bag in the parks several times and loved it. And I pinned my WDW trading type pins to it! This is the first trip I've tried to go bag free. Between my pockets and DH we've been able to do it. It has made getting into the parks much faster - no bag check line!

Last edited:
We just got back from a cruise and I have more tips to share!

-Bring a tervis tumbler/yeti cup as the little cups for juice, etc don't hold a lot.
-I brought a book I had started, and I didn't really enjoy it enough to read again. I left it in the library for someone else to enjoy in the bookcase.
-I redeemed my Verizon rewards and daily break for free magazine subscriptions for both DH and I. We bring them to read and recycle when done.
-When done with an outfit for the trip, pack it back in your suitcase. For us it made packing last night a lot faster.
-Our stateroom had only 1 outlet!:scared: It was hard to charge both phones, both ipads, my fitbit, etc. We asked if we can bring a power strip and they said yes.
-I had a carry on sized tote bag I was going to carry through security with me. I decided to hang it off instead with my suitcase to be delivered to the room. I am SO GLAD I did that otherwise I would have carried the bag around for about 2 hours until the room was ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter