Vacation Tips for Women! :)

I have been reading over this thread and have a couple of questions, what is body glide, what do you use it for and where do you get it?

Ok so I am not in the loop here. What is clear mascara? I have never heard of that before. Does it work like regular mascara is it water proof? Does it make your lashes look full? I am not sure how it would work if it wasnt with color. I would love to hear from people that use it. I normally hate mascara and only use it when I am going out somewhere special but the clear one kind of intrigues me.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share a tip I found on these boards years ago. I see so many talking about bodyglide and I do have some, but...My Dh works in a place where there is little to no air conditioning and chaffes on his thighs very badly at times. Well, in prep for a trip many years ago I found that if you buy Arrid Extra Dry Creme deodorant that comes in a small tin it works great and is cheap. I still buy it usually once a month in hot weather and buy several when I find them on sale.

Since it is in a small box, it is usually located on the bottom shelf of the deodorant section (I mainly shop at CVS). DH swears by it and will not go anywhere without it!

Ok so I am not in the loop here. What is clear mascara? I have never heard of that before. Does it work like regular mascara is it water proof? Does it make your lashes look full? I am not sure how it would work if it wasnt with color. I would love to hear from people that use it. I normally hate mascara and only use it when I am going out somewhere special but the clear one kind of intrigues me.
When I was at school this ws the only mascara we were allowed to wear.

Basically it is just a clear gel and just coats your lashes and makes them a little fuller. It won't darken them or anything, but it's a great idea for a girls first mascara.

My lashes are too small to really benefit, so I just go for a good black waterproof, but if you have long lashes and just want them styled a little then it'll be great.

It's also good for brushing over your eyebrows if you want to shape them a little.

By philosophy: shelter and supernatural. Tinted spf primer. Cover with some powder foundation. Face is protected and looking good!

I recently started using philosophy's supernatural tinted SPF and OMG, I LOVE IT. I just use it alone and it leaves a perfect, natural finish that doesn't look like make-up and doesn't feel like you just slathered SPF or moisturizer all of yourself. And it really does totally fill in pores!

Sherpani has great bags designed for women's bodies. I use spray deo. to take care of the chafing (sp?) thing. It also works on feet, too! I only use a certain scent of body spray from Bath & Body works when I go to disney, the kids recognize the scent and it brings back memories.

Sherpani has great bags designed for women's bodies. I use spray deo. to take care of the chafing (sp?) thing. It also works on feet, too! I only use a certain scent of body spray from Bath & Body works when I go to disney, the kids recognize the scent and it brings back memories.[/QUOTE]

How fun! Can I be nosy??? What scent qualifies as the "Disney scent?" popcorn::

Mango Mandarin - I buy it at the semi-annual sale and keep it in a cabinet until we go - every once in a while I'll spray a little in the car or something and the kids love it - my daughter begs me not to use it until our trips....it really has become a fun way to remember....

My eyes are sensitive & I wear contacts so when I found the clear mascara I was really happy bc it never runs or irritates my eyes. Usually it's all I use, with an eyelash curler & I'm good to go. If we're going out at night then I 'bring out the big guns' & wear lots of super black mascara & eye shadow but day-to-day it's low maintenance for me.
:flower3:

My eyes are sensitive & I wear contacts so when I found the clear mascara I was really happy bc it never runs or irritates my eyes. Usually it's all I use, with an eyelash curler & I'm good to go. If we're going out at night then I 'bring out the big guns' & wear lots of super black mascara & eye shadow but day-to-day it's low maintenance for me.
:flower3:

Hi do you mind me asking what brand you use? Thanks

What a GREAT idea!!!! :banana: I always get depressed when I see myself in pictures. I still think I'm a 115 lbs 20 year old, & pictures remind me that I am SO not 20! (And definitely not 115 lbs!!!!) I always cringe when it's time for pics. I will certainly remember this tip in August & I'll conduct my own little "photo shoot." :thumbsup2

I do this too!! One little trick I use is the "skinny arm pose"- you go to put your hand on your hip with you thumb *behind* you and kinda point your elbow behind you. It totally works!!!

B&BW now has a product called Cooling Mist, and that actually works really well! After you spray it, you have to wait a few minutes for it to work, but it really does work and it's awesome. I'll have to let ya'll know how it works in September Florida heat! I have been spraying it on the back of my neck and it feels great :)

I just bought some of the cooling mist sprays tonight @ 75% off - $3.00 each!!! The lady at BBW said that you can even keep it in a cooler or fridge to make it even colder.

I just bought some of the cooling mist sprays tonight @ 75% off - $3.00 each!!! The lady at BBW said that you can even keep it in a cooler or fridge to make it even colder.

I am going to pick this up today. :thumbsup2

I would talk to your doctor before doing this. But I take birth control pills and sometimes the nuva ring. If I know I will start my period while I am on vacation I will skip the 1 week placebo and start my new pack immediatly so I don't have a period until the next cycle.

The first time I did it, it was for my honeymoon and it worked great. I probably wouldn't do it for just any vacation but if I know it is going to be hot and sweaty why make myself more miserable.

Love this thread! *Subbing*

For my hair (I have stick straight hair, but the humidity in FL makes it frizz up) I bring along Sunsilk's Straighten Up 24/7 Creme. A little nickel sized amount keeps my hair totally straight and fuzz-free!! You can still purchase this item on Ebay and Amazon but I haven't been able to find it in stores recently. Discountinued? Not sure, but worth the effort to find it online! I can't live without it! :thumbsup2

Ok I read through all the posts. I was a little late on my tips on bc.

Anyway I wanted to second the pp who stated it is a good idea to get out walking and hanging out in the heat before your trip. I am from Michigan and don't plan on ever going to Disney in the summer. But I think it is a smart idea to get your body used to being out in the heat and walking. Unfortunatly for us Northerners there really isn't any heat to acclimate too in November or even September Florida heat is still a shock to the system.

Regarding photos (I am very unphotogenic) I have practiced in mirrors and now with digital cameras I am really starting to get the hang of how to hold my head to look decent in photos. Straighten your shoulders, keep your chin level with your shoulders (force yourself not tilt your chin towards the sky, never looks good in photos) and you can even do the Paris Hilton and move you head slightly to the left or right and give the come hither smile.

Ok I read through all the posts. I was a little late on my tips on bc.

Anyway I wanted to second the pp who stated it is a good idea to get out walking and hanging out in the heat before your trip. I am from Michigan and don't plan on ever going to Disney in the summer. But I think it is a smart idea to get your body used to being out in the heat and walking. Unfortunatly for us Northerners there really isn't any heat to acclimate too in November or even September Florida heat is still a shock to the system.

Regarding photos (I am very unphotogenic) I have practiced in mirrors and now with digital cameras I am really starting to get the hang of how to hold my head to look decent in photos. Straighten your shoulders, keep your chin level with your shoulders (force yourself not tilt your chin towards the sky, never looks good in photos) and you can even do the Paris Hilton and move you head slightly to the left or right and give the come hither smile.

So funny! Only we women would be that concerned with how we look in pictures that we practice beforehand. :lmao:

Speaking of caring how we look in pictures, how do you wear your hair? I don't want to just pull my hair back in ponytail. Not a cute look for possible Christmas card pics. I'm thinking about french braiding my bangs into my hair to keep them out of my face, but I have to practice up before our trip in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter