VA question- which plane

mackay_j

DIS Veteran
I am trying to find out which plane will be flying the manchester to MCO route on the 22nd dec VS075 and the return on the 5th jan. Thanks for any help. I am also a little baffled by the code we have been booked under code Y for the return (but we booked with VH) does that meen we can ask to be upgraded if there is space - not normally available if booked under the usual V code. I don't want ask at the desk and look stupid!!

it was on that site (although I am a rubbish novice at getting around it). That's were I realised we should not have the y code, but as we have it I was hoping (if not totally broke after the hols) to upgrade on the way back. Not sure yet if VH passengers can do this, will checkin know that we are VH or will they just use the ticket code y. The second thing I am trying to work out is what plane I am on, as we have requested seats 3 times on the VA website but every time I go back in after a few weeks break, our meals are still there but or seat requests have gone? Not sure who gets them, but the seats are getting thin and due to health problems with one of my grils, we need to be seated together (and as she is 16 I am worried that VA staff might think there is no need for that). The first seats we got were issused through VA special needs group, but we still lost them! I keep rebooking (requesting), but a few weeks and they go again. I supose I could just relax get a drink, give all her medication/ emergency injections canulars ect to whomever she sits beside and have the most relaxing 8hrs I have had in a long while - not sure how her new seat buddy will feel though!!

I have no experience with VA special needs, can you get in touch with them and express your concerns? Sounds like they should be helping you with seat allocation.
All the times we have travelled Virgin we have only ever lost our seats once, flew Xmas morning, online chekin was not working. Got to airport to be told we were sitting apart(2+2) Not too bad, myself and DW together, DS & DMIL 10 rows away:) not good after we had them reserved for about 12 months but nothing I could do about it.

If you have requested seats through special assisstance I would be surprised if you don't get them. They are usually the best part of VA customer service.

we did get them the very next day after I spoke to the special assistance team, however, I don't know why but they disapeared a few months later. Thats why I was trying to find out about the planes, I wonder if there was a plane change after the allocation. I am going to try and phone them again on friday.

there are two versions of seat layout on the gatwick based 747's and if scheduling think they will use the different layout, the computer re sets all the seats.
However, they do not publish which aircrfat is travelling which route for obvious security reasons.
Don't forget that if a plane goes "tech" then even at the last minute the plane seat configuration can change

obi - is it usual for the people that the special needs team have arranged seating for to also loose there requests when the planes are rescheduled?

obi - is it usual for the people that the special needs team have arranged seating for to also loose there requests when the planes are rescheduled?

It depends on where you are/disability.
Essentially, the two rows in the small cabin in fronyt of Economy are kept for special needs, but if the plane seat map changes, all seats are wiped and have to be re-inputted. Perhaps they use different crieria for special needs?

When I went through special needs (flew at 33 weeks pregnant) the seats never showed up online until we went to do online check in. I really wouldn't worry. But give them a call for peace of mind.

Hi- I can't believe this special needs sorted it out and gave us new seats- All OK until yesterday when they went again. :confused3. I have just spoken with the special needs dept again!!! and this time there is no more seats they can give us (we lost them due to another plane change- 4th time - why so many plane changes!).

They agree that we cannot be seated over all over the plane and have promised us that it will get sorted when we check in at orlando. (out bound seats still OK- Not only that but on this phone call the assistant said that they needed to ckeck that my daughters medical pump was ok to take on the plane (It has to be on an approved list, luckly it was on that list. But this is my 3rd conversation with them, each time I have told them what my girls uses and this is the first time that anyone has mentioned that battery run medial devices must get prior approvalor they are not allowed on the plane, so they needed make serial number etc - what is going on this is our 7th flight with virgin, we have never had problem like this in the past!!- I am getting a little cross now, what would have happened if we had just turned up for the plane and I had not re-phoned there special assistance team)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter