VA baggage allowance (2) this bloomin' stinks!

There is now simply nothing to make you chose VS over a charter.

V.

As with all the scheduled airlines you will be still allowed a decent sized carry on
with virgin 6kg with ba any weight as long as you can lift it,also size restricted
Paul

Don't understand why they do this :confused: Surely it would be fairer to let you take either sports equipment or an extra piece of luggage??

I know, and as a parent I could take a car seat and a pushchair as well.

There appears to be no logic to this.

Surely if the prices have gone up (which they definitely have), cabin crew have gone down, number of flights have gone down meaning every flight is more packed full, surely every flight makes more money than ever.

To erode the benefits is just a kick in the bottom as far as I'm concerned. I can see no reason for cost cutting on a full flight other than greed.

Any passenger holding a ticket, booked and ticketed before 25 November 2009, will be entitled to Virgin Atlantic's existing baggage allowance

Obi, We have e-tickets all paid for with VA, so I assume we will still get 2 x 23kgs each - is that right?

Hmm, not impressed, we have used Virgin many times from Manchester, planes are nothing to shout about but I like the convenience of managing the booking/seats etc online and to date with us they have been reliable.

The prices for Summer next year are shocking and for us reducing the luggage allowance is a big minus point, we always use the full allowance on the way back.

Never thought I would say it but Flyglobespan from Glasgow at just over £1800 for 4 of us next August (with 4 bags on way back) is now looking very attractive (we live near Newcastle).

It just seems like we are getting less and less for more ££££'s

To clarify so if you have booked and paid in full via VA website which means e-tickets prior to Nov 25th your ok?

To clarify so if you have booked and paid in full via VA website which means e-tickets prior to Nov 25th your ok?

Yes chilli, an e-ticket means you have booked and paid for the flight.

I think what VA are trying to say on their page is that if you have booked with, say VH but not yet paid the balance, you don't get the 2 x 23KG

Yes chilli, an e-ticket means you have booked and paid for the flight.

I think what VA are trying to say on their page is that if you have booked with, say VH but not yet paid the balance, you don't get the 2 x 23KG

Fab thanks

Just to add...

I booked our flights through VH March 08 flying in 2 weeks times.

The tickets and info came through this week and it says we can have 1 bag each x 23kg. I was expecting to be allowed 2 each but hey ho. That still means we could take 4 cases between us and there's no way I could fill that many even if I emptied every cupboard in the house! :rotfl: We'll be going with the usual 2 and will have the option to come home with 3 if we end up buying lots of stuff - which if my husband was reading this he would laugh his head off as I spend LOADS of time looking but I never buy anything! Or if I do it goes back the following week. He says I'm a poor mans dream! :rotfl:

I've just contacted VH and the man on the phone has told me that we will be able to have the 2@23kg allowance for our trip next may:thumbsup2

Just been into my local T J Hughes store and they are selling luggage scales with a tape measure for £2.99.

Considering the change in baggage allowance, thought I'd pick one up. Haven't got a holiday booked due to A level and GCSE years but will come in handy when we do go back. :goodvibes

I've just contacted VH and the man on the phone has told me that we will be able to have the 2@23kg allowance for our trip next may:thumbsup2

I got an email from VH saying I can have the old PE allowance, I would get them to email the confimation to you so you can have it at check in.

we booked with tcd in march to go next feb and we have paid in full so we should get the old allowance of 2x23 kg?? im going to contact tcd/vh to get them to email this to me incase we have any problems with the jobsworths at dtd check in

1 bag!! wow! :eek: I suppose quite a few people would pay the extra.:confused3

Looks like PE is unchanged from the last changes?

I was told I would get the larger allowance with PE next year as I booked before they announced the changes.

Wideeyes I think were in the same position as you.

We booked our flights last January for this coming October and was advised by virgin that yes we would get the allowance prior to the change. I have however got that in writing from Virgin to take with me at both check in at MAN and DTD as you never know when your going to come across a "jobs worth" ;)

We are loyal Virgin flyers and never even bother looking at other airlines when flying to Orlando.

Our main reason for this was their service, baggage allowance and DTD check-in.

Well in light of this recent annoucement, the long delay we had when checking in at DTD last week and the below par service its now a certainty that I will be looking at all options when booking my next trip.

Virgin used to be in a diffenet class but now they are just making themselve more and more like the rest of the airlines.

I am one very unhappy customer!!!!

VIRGIN - SORT YOURSELVES OUT OR YOU WILL LOOSE OUT

Allowance for passengers already booked
Does the new policy apply to existing bookings?
Passengers who have made a booking before 25th November 2009, will retain their existing allowance.

Any passenger making a booking on or after 25th November 2009, will have the new allowances applied to their booking.

http://virginatlantic.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/virginatlantic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=472&p_created=1252571378&p_sid=oWuGwGHj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTYsMTYmcF9wcm9kcz01NSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9MS41NSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Virgin used to be in a diffenet class but now they are just making themselve more and more like the rest of the airlines.

VIRGIN - SORT YOURSELVES OUT OR YOU WILL LOOSE OUT

Been saying this for about 2 years yet they still erode their service. Few years ago we would have paid a premium to fly Virgin, not anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter