Using Canadian Resident Discounted Tickets at Disneyland - ID reqrd?

Mama Bear - don't stress too much.....( I know it's hard, I did the same thing anyway...." how do I...." )
Went to the turnstiles with my print out from Disneyland.com, they scanned, printed actual ticket, asked for proof, I flashed my open passport ( handed to wife to park in purse after ), and we were in.
probably took me longer to type this that the whole ticket process took.....

Really no need to go day/night before.

THANKS FOR YOUR REASSURANCES!!

I'm going to try and not stress so much but, unfortunately, I'm a huge worry wart!

This is our 2nd trip (too expensive for us to go more often) and our 1st trip (a few years back) didn't start out so great. First day of arrival, our 2 year old broke out in an all body rash (repeat: all body) and swelled up (face especially bad).

Murphy's Law ... this never happened at home before and it was the 1st time it ever happened.

Instead of visiting the parks we ended up at the Emergency hospital. Poor kid looked like a mutant! We stayed in most of 1st week because he was suffering and extremely uncomfortable. We also didn't want to "scare" people (think: is that mutant looking kid contagious?)

It really was that bad! Ha, ha ... I laugh about it now but it was an awful and stressful situation at the time.

Anyway ... hoping for a better 2nd trip this time around! Finger's crossed!:)

OFF TOPIC: Reminder to Canadians ... please make sure you have medical coverage for your USA visit. It's expensive if you need to seek medical help. Thank goodness for our insurance. 5 minutes with an Emergency doctor who diagnosed our son with an "unexplained" (no kidding!!) rash and swelling and who prescribed Benadryl (which we already tried on our own) cost about $1,000. Yikes! However, we must admit that we were in "awe" of the hospital. It was brand new and beautiful ... very similar to a luxury hotel complete with valet parking ... incredible ... don't think we can find this level of service in Canada!

FURTHER OFF TOPIC: The following is an anecdotal story based on our personal experience. I am NOT a doctor or even qualified to give medical advice! However, for those who've experienced something similar, you might be interested in knowing that the Benadryl didn't work. It alleviated some itching (for about 4 hours with each dose) but the rash and swelling were prominently present and didn't lessen (hence the reason we stayed indoors for most of the 1st week).

It wasn't until my husband had the brilliant idea to try probiotics. My husband reasoned that our son was probably having an allergic reaction to something he ingested so he suggested that we try and fix his gut flora. 1st dose of probiotics worked like magic ... noticeable improvement overnight. Several days of administering probiotics cleared up the rash and swelling. Yay! We were finally able to go out in public without people running away from us and our mutant (contagious looking) child!

I know, I know ... this sounds like a commercial for probiotics but it really did work wonders. I just wished we thought of it earlier so we didn't have to spend most of the 1st week inside. Ironically, I've been taking probiotics for my own allergic reactions so I "should" have thought of it earlier! Oh well ... this time I'm better prepared for our 2nd trip.

Thanks for reading my OFF TOPICS and I hope that the above info may help you. :)

Thanks again for all your help! Have fun everyone!

Has anyone used the park tickets for Canadians purchased through Westjet? There's no bar code on the e-ticket so I'm now a bit unsure if I go to the ticketing booth or turnstiles.

Hey MamaBear - thanks for the story, could be VERY useful to know for many.
SplashMtn - I would call WestJet Vacations, they'll likely tell you to take the e-ticket to the ticketing booth.
CdnGirl77 - on Disneyland.com under Parks & Tickets there's a button to select rates for Canadians

e-Tickets have a bar code, so if the voucher doen't have one, you need to go to the Ticket Booths.

Also, read the printed page, it should say "Take directly the the turnstiles" or "Redemn this voucher at the Disneyland Ticket Booths."

Has anyone used the park tickets for Canadians purchased through Westjet? There's no bar code on the e-ticket so I'm now a bit unsure if I go to the ticketing booth or turnstiles.

We just purchased our vacation through Westjet and the fine print on our ticket voucher says "CANADIAN RESIDENT OFFER - OTIS OFFERPICK UP YOUR ORDER AT ANY DISNEYLAND RESORT THEME PARK TICKET SALESLOCATION." which to me reads that we will have to redeem the voucher at the ticket booth, not at the gate.

If you ordered your tickets through the Canadian Airmiles program, did you receive a voucher to exchange or an actual ticket. Mine looks like an actual ticket with a bar code on it and mentions nothing on it about being a Canadian Resident Discounted ticket.

If you ordered your tickets through the Canadian Airmiles program, did you receive a voucher to exchange or an actual ticket. Mine looks like an actual ticket with a bar code on it and mentions nothing on it about being a Canadian Resident Discounted ticket.

I got an actual tickets -- i checked b/c I did get an airmiles parkhopper at the reduced point rate and the AM website says all the details regarding proving you are a Canadian resident -- it is most likely tagged in the barcode that is is a Canada special offer ticket and once the ticket is scanned it will show up needing ID t

The link within the email is to an e-ticket with a barcode they can scan at the gate. It did say you could print it too.

Correct, the link wasn't active right away. When I first got the email the link just took me to a page saying my ticket out appear soon.

When I purchased the ticket on the website, it did say to get them in advance because it takes time. If you needed them that day, it recommended buying them at the gate.

Thank you. I made my purchase about noon today. I don't leave the house until early Saturday morning so that should be plenty of time for the links to activate so I can print the vouchers. UPDATED - checked at 9 am this morning and my vouchers where ready to be printed.

Last edited:
Mama Bear - don't stress too much.....( I know it's hard, I did the same thing anyway...." how do I...." )
Went to the turnstiles with my print out from Disneyland.com, they scanned, printed actual ticket, asked for proof, I flashed my open passport ( handed to wife to park in purse after ), and we were in.
probably took me longer to type this that the whole ticket process took.....

Really no need to go day/night before.

Thanks CalgaryTroy, I was wondering about that. I don't really want to get the tickets the night before because we won't get to the hotel until 8pm-ish and by that time we'll have been travelling for 12 hours. Apparently booking flights for spring break in mid-October is not early enough to make sure the lowest tiers for direct flight airfare doesn't sell out.

You cannot verify an e-Ticket early, whenever it gets verified, that is the day of first use. Disney is giving you a discount, and wants you to not use the Ticket Booths for cost issues. Sorry.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't opened the link and we bought the tickets last week. I'll verify what it is and then plan accordingly. Last time we went I think I got the tickets directly from AMA. Online and e-Tickets were just emerging as options for everything so there was less ambiguity.

MamaBear, I think your caution about Health Insurance is a good reminder. We forget how much even a simple visit can cost.

Thanks! So my understanding is as follows:

1) Passports for ID purposes IF Canadian Citizen (Permanent Residents need additional proof of Canadian Status)

2) Go to turnstiles and they will give you tickets ... there's no need to go to the ticket booth.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS:

a) Please correct my understanding if I'm wrong for above (1) and (2). Thanks.

b) Do we need to show ID "each" time OR only the "First" time when we trade in our vouchers for tickets?

c) Could we go 1 day earlier to trade in our Vouchers for tickets at the ticket booth? Assuming that we only need to show our passports the "first" time, we would like to do this "before" our 1st park day. This way, we will have the tickets on hand for our 1st Park day and won't need to bring our passports into the parks in order to "make the voucher for ticket trade".

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

You only need your ID the first day to get the actual tickets and then after that you have tickets and they are linked with your picture so you will be good to go. We tried to exchange ours the day before and were told no, to take them to the turn stile the next day. They didn't tell us to bring our passports but I had a feeling I should bring it as they would probably check and sure enough I was correct.

You only need your ID the first day to get the actual tickets and then after that you have tickets and they are linked with your picture so you will be good to go. We tried to exchange ours the day before and were told no, to take them to the turn stile the next day. They didn't tell us to bring our passports but I had a feeling I should bring it as they would probably check and sure enough I was correct.

THANKS for the update!! :-)

Just to follow up, I had out tickets emailed to me. I screen shot each one on my phone, just in case I didn't have service. Also took photocopies of our passports and that was sufficient. The CM scanned my phone and gave us paper tickets.

Just to follow up, I had out tickets emailed to me. I screen shot each one on my phone, just in case I didn't have service. Also took photocopies of our passports and that was sufficient. The CM scanned my phone and gave us paper tickets.

THANKS for the update!! :-)

We just purchased our vacation through Westjet and the fine print on our ticket voucher says "CANADIAN RESIDENT OFFER - OTIS OFFERPICK UP YOUR ORDER AT ANY DISNEYLAND RESORT THEME PARK TICKET SALESLOCATION." which to me reads that we will have to redeem the voucher at the ticket booth, not at the gate.

Silly question but I've never been to Disney. Ticket booth and front gate sound like the same thing to me. Where are the ticket l booths located? Can you redeem the voucher the day before?

The ticket booths are located in the Esplanade. The gates will be on the left and right. You can't miss them. I want to say there are about 6 of them. Just ask at bag check.

E-tickets can be taken directly to the gates. We just returned and they asked to see our passports. After that they took our pics and attached them to the paper tickets. On future times through the gates we did not need to show our passports.

The actual tickets that Canadians receive from AirMiles do show up when scanned at the gates as the discounted Canadian tickets. The 5 day PH has a "value" of 251 US$.

Silly question but I've never been to Disney. Ticket booth and front gate sound like the same thing to me. Where are the ticket l booths located? Can you redeem the voucher the day before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter