Using Canadian Resident Discounted Tickets at Disneyland - ID reqrd?

Advice I wish I had done before booking my WestJet vacation package:

We bought our flight/hotel & park tickets thru WestJet. If I had signed up for their WestJet Elite Mastercard, as a perk, I would have been given a credit of $250 (There's an annual fee of $100).

So anyone who wants to buy park tickets, maybe consider this route? You can save $150 and still get the discounted Canadian Resident prices. Just cancel your card within a year!

Dammit!

Resurrecting this thread as I purchased my Canadian discount tickets early in the year and forget how it works.

Can you trade in the tickets that Disney sends you for the hard park tickets the day before you start using the tickets? I'm thinking of using our Magic Morning the first day, but if we have to deal with getting our actual tickets then we'll lose the early time (and forget about attempting Peter Pan).

Resurrecting this thread as I purchased my Canadian discount tickets early in the year and forget how it works.

Can you trade in the tickets that Disney sends you for the hard park tickets the day before you start using the tickets? I'm thinking of using our Magic Morning the first day, but if we have to deal with getting our actual tickets then we'll lose the early time (and forget about attempting Peter Pan).
You can exchange them right at the gate as you enter per earlier posts so you should be able to do it for your mm without loosing Park time.

Did everyone have to show their passport? I bought mine from CAA and she told me I didn't need to bring passports because they were a verified reseller and proof of residency was obtained before they were sold. I would love to hear from anyone else who bought their tickets at CAA. I will still take copies of our passports.

Last edited:

Did everyone have to show their passport? I bought mine from CAA and she told me I didn't need to bring passports because they were a verified reseller and proof of residency was obtained before they were sold. I would love to hear from anyone else who bought their tickets at CAA. I will still take copies of our passports.

We didn't buy from CAA, but we were able to user our Nexus cards at Disneyland. We couldn't exchange the voucher for actual tickets beforehand (we tried), so DH felt felt better carrying around the nexus cards vs passports on our first park day. It worked out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter