Using Canadian Resident Discounted Tickets at Disneyland - ID reqrd?

i haven't used the offer yet but from the statement below from disneyland.com, I would say yes

View attachment 216626

I agree, I think the issue would be someone with a Canadian Provincial Drivers License, and what would the CM do? Accept it, or ask for the Passport or NEXUS Card. So just a Passport, you should be fine. Of course, I don't work for Disney, so only an educated guess ;)

I purchased but not used them yet, but the note when buying says
  • Canada citizens must present a valid ticket and valid passport
  • Canada residents must present a valid ticket, valid passport and proof of Canada residency
So guess you need the extra proof if a resident but not citizen.

I used mine in December and all we needed were our passports when we handed over our vouchers to get our tickets. You can go straight to the turn stiles too, no need to go to a ticket booth. I just had a special pouch for our passports that was tucked away in my bag where it couldn't fall out.

I contacted them and they said that a Nexus card was sufficient. I don't want to carry my passport around all day either.

When you purchase these, do you get something emailed to you? Or is it mailed to your home address in Canada?

I used mine in December and all we needed were our passports when we handed over our vouchers to get our tickets. You can go straight to the turn stiles too, no need to go to a ticket booth. I just had a special pouch for our passports that was tucked away in my bag where it couldn't fall out.

Thanks! So my understanding is as follows:

1) Passports for ID purposes IF Canadian Citizen (Permanent Residents need additional proof of Canadian Status)

2) Go to turnstiles and they will give you tickets ... there's no need to go to the ticket booth.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS:

a) Please correct my understanding if I'm wrong for above (1) and (2). Thanks.

b) Do we need to show ID "each" time OR only the "First" time when we trade in our vouchers for tickets?

c) Could we go 1 day earlier to trade in our Vouchers for tickets at the ticket booth? Assuming that we only need to show our passports the "first" time, we would like to do this "before" our 1st park day. This way, we will have the tickets on hand for our 1st Park day and won't need to bring our passports into the parks in order to "make the voucher for ticket trade".

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

I purchased but not used them yet, but the note when buying says
  • Canada citizens must present a valid ticket and valid passport
  • Canada residents must present a valid ticket, valid passport and proof of Canada residency
So guess you need the extra proof if a resident but not citizen.

It's not really extra proof. If you're a non-citizen Canadian resident, your passport would be from a different country. Hence the need to prove Canadian residency, as the offer is for Canadian residents.

Mama Bear - don't stress too much.....( I know it's hard, I did the same thing anyway...." how do I...." )
Went to the turnstiles with my print out from Disneyland.com, they scanned, printed actual ticket, asked for proof, I flashed my open passport ( handed to wife to park in purse after ), and we were in.
probably took me longer to type this that the whole ticket process took.....

Really no need to go day/night before.

I bought tickets online yesterday and received an e-ticket. Is this the voucher you're mentioning that you trade in for an actual ticket? Do they scan your phone and give you a hard ticket? I thought this e-ticket was great but now I'm realizing I need a hard ticket to get Fast Passes.

Thanks!

I bought tickets online yesterday and received an e-ticket. Is this the voucher you're mentioning that you trade in for an actual ticket? Do they scan your phone and give you a hard ticket? I thought this e-ticket was great but now I'm realizing I need a hard ticket to get Fast Passes.

Thanks!

Good question. All you need to do with the e-ticket is go directly to the turnstiles. There, they'll take a picture of everyone in your party and give you your actual DL paper tickets (which you can use for the fast passes). You'll use the paper tickets for all entry from that point on.

You cannot verify an e-Ticket early, whenever it gets verified, that is the day of first use. Disney is giving you a discount, and wants you to not use the Ticket Booths for cost issues. Sorry.

How long did it take the tickets to arrive in your in-box after you purchased them?

How long did it take the tickets to arrive in your in-box after you purchased them?

I received a confirmation within minutes but the link to the tickets wasn't active yet. I didn't check again until now, and its active (a little over 24 hrs later).

I received a confirmation within minutes but the link to the tickets wasn't active yet. I didn't check again until now, and its active (a little over 24 hrs later).

Thanks for the reply Alex. I'm not sure I understand though. The link within the confirmation e-mail is a link to print the tickets? But it took over 24 hours for that link to be activiated? Is that correct? If so, I guess I had better make my purchase tomorrow morning then! We fly out Saturday morning.

Thanks for the reply Alex. I'm not sure I understand though. The link within the confirmation e-mail is a link to print the tickets? But it took over 24 hours for that link to be activiated? Is that correct? If so, I guess I had better make my purchase tomorrow morning then! We fly out Saturday morning.

The link within the email is to an e-ticket with a barcode they can scan at the gate. It did say you could print it too.

Correct, the link wasn't active right away. When I first got the email the link just took me to a page saying my ticket out appear soon.

When I purchased the ticket on the website, it did say to get them in advance because it takes time. If you needed them that day, it recommended buying them at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter