Upgrade to Concierge at Check-in?

HM

My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.
Has anyone here ever asked to upgrade to Concierge level at check-in anywhere before? What was the result? How much differnce did you pay (or were you asked to pay)?
-HM

Hasn't anyone ever asked to see what it would cost to upgrade?
-HM

We did, sort of! We checked into WL in August, keep in mind this was a Florida Resident Rate. We were paying $149.00 per night. When we got to our room, it smelled of smoke, BIGTIME. We called the front desk and told them we needed another room. (we have a 9 month old baby and lets face it, smoke smell = gross. They told us they could move us to another room with a king bed but it was in concierge. The cost would be an add'l $60.00 per night. We did it! Loved it! Want to do it again...
I have wondered if that would happen again, or if it was just because of the smoke smell that they accommodated us. We are going to try again at AKL next week to move, and willingly pay for it. Just hope they give us a good offer again.
Hope this helps.

Wilderness Lodge is the only resort I have heard upgrading people for moderate amounts of money (ie) 40.00 - 60.00 per day)

At the other deluxes.. from what I have heard on this board.. they try to charge you the full difference between what you paid and the concierge rack rate :eek:

>>^..^<<

Does anyone know about the possibility of getting this upgrade at AKL? WL and AKL are supposedly on the same deluxe level. We called yesterday and they said they have "alot" of Concierge rooms available for the days we will be there. (10/2 - 10/5)
Anyone had any luck there???

Zalansky,
we are going to try for concierge at akl the same dates you are! Maybe we will see u there.

AKL and WL might be on the same level as to pricing their lower cost rooms, but their concierge level is miles apart.

Concierge at the AKL is the most popular concierge on property. I would not imagine a reduction in cost at the AKL for this level of service, but stranger things have happened.

You can ask, the worst is they will say no.

Please let me know when you get back...we are conceirge for the last half of our stay at AKL...(no annual rates available for the first 3 nites and I refuse to pay rack rate). I was going to ask at check in if I could upgrade for the 1st three nites...I thought it may be less than rack rate....I'd be interested to hear how it goes!

We were upgraded to Concierge at the Yacht Club in June 2001 for FREE! We were celebrating our anniversary along with DH's parents anniversary. After a little schmoozing by DH, the CM at the desk told us that she had two rooms available on the "5th floor" and that she would upgrade us at no cost. Of course I was freaking out because I knew that the 5th floor was the concierge floor from these boards. Not only did she upgrade us but that night when we returned to our rooms there was a decorated
cake with confetti and streamers in each of our rooms. Talk about Disney magic! And the best part is our original rate was a postcard rate of $165 a night!

We just returned from the AKL and I asked when I checked in about upgrading to Concierge and I was told that it would be $125.00 per night.

I asked at AKL and was quoted what I figured out to be the difference between my current rate and the rack rate for the concierge. Just could not justify that.

Last December we upgraded to Concierge at the AKL for $120.00 per night. We made full use of the Kilimanjaro Club facilities so, for us, it was worth it. YMMV.

We just returned from the Poly Concierge and it was great. We made full use of the breakfast, snacks, light dinner offerings, water and canned soda they had out. We found by eating a bigger lunch that we could get by on the light food they had at night (one night it was Chinese noodles and egg rolls along with fresh veggies, dip, fruit, crackers and cheese).

It might be worth the extra $$. I asked about upgrading to LV from GV (in the concierge building)...I was told it was $60/night. I questioned about people being upgraded to Concierge---they said in some cases they do this but not that often. I did get the upgrade to LV without additional cost. I think a lot of times it depends on how you ask and who you ask.

Good Luck!

How much is the price difference betweena regular GV and one in the concierge building? Is it Tahiti?

Ok. We just went to Disney on FTP in July. Standard room at WL. I had faxed a request in 4 days before arriving and asked for a bunk room close to restaurant area.

When we got to check in she (CM) said we have upgraded you some at no charge. Mined you the hotel was supposedly at 100 % capacity. She then said would you like to upgrade to concierge for $50.00 more per night. Yes madam!!! So on FTP from std to concierge for $50 more per night. I would just ask if they could give you a concierge room for $50 more per night. I think $50 is reasonable. If they can't then live with what you booked. If they've got the space they will give it to you for the 50 instead of leaving it empty. Tell them $50 os all you can afford.

Have a great time!

kokomom- We are staying GV Concierge at the Polynesian in the beginning of Nov. I would love to upgraded to LV. You said they quoted you a price of $60/night but then they upgraded you for free. How did this come about and how did you go about asking? Of course, I would not go in with any expectations and would ask nicely but any pointers would help. If not I will be just as happy staying Concierge for the 1st time.

WDW just starting crasking down on free upgrades to Concierge. You would do better to ask for an upgrade to a deluxe view. They just aren't giving out concierge for free anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter