*UPDATED*greenban EXCLUSIVE: FINAL AKL UPDATE

Am I totally missing something??? I just got off of the phone with my guide to talk about a small add-on at AKV. (Somewhere in the range of 35 points) As expected she first encouraged a SSR add-on and when I told her I wasn't interested she said only 100 of more point add-ons were available at AKV. When I questioned about 3 different ways about that being accurate she said "that is just the way DVC has set it up for now" She could tell I was obviously shocked and in fact couldn't really gather my thoughts because I was getting this sinking feeling that my guide was being less than honest with me and I was kind of blown away by that idea. My kids then came into the room and with all of the extra commotion I told her I needed to get back to her in the next few days. Is my guide telling me the truth? Have I completely missed something? Is she being untruthful just to get me to purchase at SSR? I'm perplexed :confused3
Untruthful? I doubt it. Mistaken? Highly likely.
The rules have changed? A possibility. Perhaps DVC is looking at all the extra closing costs, as Members are buying multiple 25-50 point contracts.

I have no idea if there's any validity to that, but you never know... :)

MG

Untruthful? I doubt it. Mistaken? Highly likely.
The rules have changed? A possibility. Perhaps DVC is looking at all the extra closing costs, as Members are buying multiple 25-50 point contracts.

I have no idea if there's any validity to that, but you never know... :)

MG
I don't know if this is accurate info, either. But it wouldn't surprise me if it were accurate.

If there were fewer small contracts sold, there would be fewer on the resale market. DVC may have decided to minimize the opportunity for non members to become members by buying a small contract. It costs more to administer many small contracts than it does to administer a fewer number of larger contracts. Also, I often wonder if those with smaller contracts tend to transfer more than owners of larger contracts.

Do we have any definitive word on when the points go on sale to the General public? March 5th?

Proud owner of a 50 point add on at the AKV as of Feb 14th. :cool1: Happy Valentine's Day to DH & me.

:cheer2:

I had no problems with getting a small contract add on. My guide David Miller was great. He didn't try and pressure us into buying a larger add on. He even was really helpful when we asked about getting a BWV add on next year. He told me that the waiting list had only about 3 people with my use year ahead of me. So as of Jan 2008, I am going to add us to the BWV wait list for 100 points.

I can't wait till Feb 2009. I am all excited about booking a Savannah View Studio for my family for Jan 2010.:hippie:

Just got the paperwork today for our small 69 point add-on, so I think your guide is either missinformed or very new.

i may be wrong but i think you have to buy at least 100 pts if you are an existing member, and 150 pts if you are non-members. of those 100 pts for members you can divide them into smaller contracts if you want but they still must amount to 100 pts, and they must all be under the same member number. of the 150 pts for non-members, i don't know if they must be lumped together or if they also can be divided. :dance3: , i got 3 totaling 165

i also don't know what date they plan to start selling akv pts to non-members. members get first pick!!!:rolleyes:

where is my head. i think the smallest add-on you can purchase is 25 pts. but, then again, that may not be correct!:confused3 :goodvibes

i may be wrong but i think you have to buy at least 100 pts if you are an existing member, and 150 pts if you are non-members. of those 100 pts for members you can divide them into smaller contracts if you want but they still must amount to 100 pts, and they must all be under the same member number. of the 150 pts for non-members, i don't know if they must be lumped together or if they also can be divided. :dance3: , i got 3 totaling 165

i also don't know what date they plan to start selling akv pts to non-members. members get first pick!!!:rolleyes:

Wrong on all kinds of levels. You can add on any number of points as long as it is a minimum of 25. If you want to finance, it must be a minimum of 50. The current minimum buy in for new owners is 150 points, but by the time they start selling AKV to the general public on March 5, it will be a minimum of 160 points to buy in as a new member, and that will go for SSR as well as AKV.

Wrong on all kinds of levels. You can add on any number of points as long as it is a minimum of 25. If you want to finance, it must be a minimum of 50. The current minimum buy in for new owners is 150 points, but by the time they start selling AKV to the general public on March 5, it will be a minimum of 160 points to buy in as a new member, and that will go for SSR as well as AKV.

I believe the 100 threshold is to be able to receive the incentive of either 1 for 1 developer points OR $8 off per point.

I didn't think the date was March 5 - I thought that date had been moved, but I wouldn't swear to it. As an existing member I was able to purchase AKV, but I thought my guide told me the "general public" date had been moved as well.

OK, please forgive me as I have not read through the entire thread, I did skim it though. Can I add-on 2 point point contracts and still qualify for either the price discount or the developer points? Is this deal still currently available and if so for how long? If you do 2 seperate add-ons can it be closed through Disney at the same time with only one closing cost? If it's an add-on and you own your original contarct outright does anyone know what the financing terms would be? Thanks. I'm so confused as to what I should do! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

OK, please forgive me as I have not read through the entire thread, I did skim it though. Can I add-on 2 point point contracts and still qualify for either the price discount or the developer points? Is this deal still currently available and if so for how long? If you do 2 seperate add-ons can it be closed through Disney at the same time with only one closing cost? If it's an add-on and you own your original contarct outright does anyone know what the financing terms would be? Thanks. I'm so confused as to what I should do! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Yes you can break up a 100-pt add-on into multiple contracts and still qualify for the incentive. This deal is available until at least June 4th. At that time there will be a $3/pt price increase. It's not clear if the incentives also expire at that time or if they will continue past that date. There are no closing costs for add-on contracts. I am not familiar with the financing options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter