*UPDATED*greenban EXCLUSIVE: FINAL AKL UPDATE

I do not see why people would rent out their first round of AKV points! I certainly would not give up my stay just to get a little extra money. :goodvibes:

Let me start by saying that I have yet to purchase AKV points but am really considering it.

If we do purchase, then most likely I would rent out my 2007 points b/c we already have our vacation plans for 2007 & 2008 and it does not include a trip to WDW. We are going to DL in December and then doing the Disney West Coast cruise and DL next summer and then a trip to Japan fall 2008.

But I want to purchase AKV and buy it at the opening price so the rental option would make it work.

Just wanted to give another perspective that it may not all be purely to make a little extra money.

Aloha,
Jen

Do you really think it is going to be that difficult for AKL owners to book for this fall at AKL? I know conceirge will be a horse race, but I would think if we call before the rest of DVC owners are able to that we should be able to get our dates. It will be a hassle getting through probably, but I just can't imagine there are so many owners that all the ressies will be gone that first week or two!
With that being said, I will be calling first thing on the 16th for a concierge studio for one night at the end of September. If I don't get concierge I'll be disappointed but I'm sure there will be other units available.
What do the rest of you AKL owners think? How many of you want to use your points in the fall?

How many of you want to use your points in the fall?

I have a short trip planned before the DVC member cruise where we are staying at BCV. I am thinking I may want to switch that trip. On the other hand we hav a longer trip the week after thanksgiving I may switch to AKV instead. Still debating which one to do.

I have a short trip planned before the DVC member cruise where we are staying at BCV. I am thinking I may want to switch that trip. On the other hand we hav a longer trip the week after thanksgiving I may switch to AKV instead. Still debating which one to do.

Can u tell me more about the DVC member cruise? Is this an annual thing that will be offered again in '08? :confused: Does it use less pts. than a reg. cruise or is the only special thing about it that it's only open to DVC members?! Haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere & didn't see anything about it in the member info. we received... Thanks

How many of you want to use your points in the fall?

I'm considering 2 studio's (concierge) for Thanksgiving week. If I can't get concierge rooms however, I'll try for savannah view rooms. I'm hoping as an owner that the competition for the concierge rooms won't be too fierce. Wish me luck :wizard:

Let me start by saying that I have yet to purchase AKV points but am really considering it.

If we do purchase, then most likely I would rent out my 2007 points b/c we already have our vacation plans for 2007 & 2008 and it does not include a trip to WDW. We are going to DL in December and then doing the Disney West Coast cruise and DL next summer and then a trip to Japan fall 2008.

But I want to purchase AKV and buy it at the opening price so the rental option would make it work.

Just wanted to give another perspective that it may not all be purely to make a little extra money.

Aloha,
Jen
I see your point, and I didn't even think about it from that perspective. I guess I was assuming that anyone that was buying points would definately use them this year, but if they aren't and/or already have a trip planned there would be no use in wasting those points! Thanks for that. :)

I'm considering 2 studio's (concierge) for Thanksgiving week. If I can't get concierge rooms however, I'll try for savannah view rooms. I'm hoping as an owner that the competition for the concierge rooms won't be too fierce. Wish me luck :wizard:

I want to change my NY Eve reservation to AKV. If I cannot do that, I'll be banking the points to get more time the following yr, using the 11 month advantage.

edited to add:
BTW, I'd rather some people rent out their AKV points than have another restriction placed on us by Disney. I don't like the trend of more and more limitations as to what we can do.

I hope to book a studio at AKV for the fall, one night, and it's for a Saturday night, and just for me, so I don't care about view or size. I'll be on the phone whenever we're told we can be!

MS didn't have definite information for me regarding when I can book with the AKV points in another resort. They told me to ask my guide. This is for the honeymooners that we hope to accomodate in late September. Since 7 months out is later this month, I sure hope the answers become available to everyone soon (for non AKV use of AKV points, not developer ones).

I sure hope MS will have more CMs manning the phones on May 16th! I can see "hold time" being very, very long.:scared1:

finally got that paperwork. pixiedust: i have unit 32. does anybody know where that is? :welcome: all i have read about location tells me that unit 20something is in the main lodge building. i really wanted that one, but i may never really get to see the one that i own part of anyway.:goodvibes

btw ... I meant to ask ... is there some sort of confirmation for being a Founding Member? How does one know if they made the cut? There seems to be some disagreement as to the 150# and the February 28th # ...

Perhaps February is 'Founding Member', but only the first 150 get their name on the tapestry? Any thoughts on how many 150+ point add-ons have already occurred?

I am wondering the same thing. In giving some thought to adding on 150 points @ AKL, I spoke to our guide twice today.

The second time I specifially asked point blank (he is on vacation from 2/16 -2/25), "If we were to decided after you return we will still be guaranteed a spot on the founding member tapestry?" In response he stated very clearly that we were fine as long as we purchased before 2/28/2007, and that there was some mis-information as to the first so many 150 point contracts, so now all add ons exceeding 150 points purchased before 02/28/2006 will be entitled to be on the tapestry.

Do others agree with this, or is there a possibility it is not correct?

it does not sound right to say if you purchase by a certain date. the thing will only hold so many names and at that time it will be complete (may-be?)

i really have no idea.:confused3

my purchase was made 2-1 or 2-2 but when my paperwork arrived it was dated 2-8. i was not pleased with that, but don't know what i can do about it.:confused:

it does not sound right to say if you purchase by a certain date. the thing will only hold so many names and at that time it will be complete (may-be?)

i really have no idea.:confused3

my purchase was made 2-1 or 2-2 but when my paperwork arrived it was dated 2-8. i was not pleased with that, but don't know what i can do about it.:confused:

150 Contracts seems like a lot to me ... but it would only be 0.15% of existing members or so ... so maybe not?

I am wondering the same thing. In giving some thought to adding on 150 points @ AKL, I spoke to our guide twice today.

The second time I specifially asked point blank (he is on vacation from 2/16 -2/25), "If we were to decided after you return we will still be guaranteed a spot on the founding member tapestry?" In response he stated very clearly that we were fine as long as we purchased before 2/28/2007, and that there was some mis-information as to the first so many 150 point contracts, so now all add ons exceeding 150 points purchased before 02/28/2006 will be entitled to be on the tapestry.

Do others agree with this, or is there a possibility it is not correct?

I believe the original intent was to limit it to the first 150 purchasers of 150 or more points. However, some of the promotional materials did not include the restriction of the first 150, so that restriction was eliminated. If you purchase 150 or more AKV points by Feb 28, 2007 your name will be on the tapestry.

I still have yet to get my AKV mailer that the rest of DVC seems to have gotten. However when I spoke to my guide about the founding member thing he said it was supposed to be the first 150 people who bought 150 points but it was changed to the people who bought 150 points in February.

So others are concurring with what my guide stated about the Tapestry including ALL members who purchase 150 or more points by 2/28/2007. Thanks to all who answered to help clarify that for me.

Lastly, if I understand correctly the tapestry is supposed to be a permanent part of the AKL Lobby. I am sure they could remodel or change the lobby and eliminate this at DVD's discretion, but the intention is for it to be permanent, not on display for just a specific period of time (ie 90 days or 1 year or 2 years); correct?

Due to the pressure :rolleyes1 from this website I was forced into buying 200 additional points at AKV. . . I admit it, I gave in to the weakness. . . I have to admit, the price per point had me waffling but I did it. I now have 800 points. Good thing my favorite cousin is willing to help me use them however I am going to need some DVC Anonymous help! :goodvibes

I opted to take the discounted point price since I already have trips planned out for this use year. I was able to get a December use year so I will get my first points 1 Dec 07. I did confirm dues would be prorated based on use year.

I would have bought more but the price difference from when I bought my VWL points made me scale back but the extra 15 years will be great. Who know, maybe down the road I can add on another 150 so I will be able to travel to AKV on current year points instead of banking or borrowing? :rotfl:

SimbaCub
OKW April 2007
VWL Thanksgiving 2007
VWL December 2007 with friends

Am I totally missing something??? I just got off of the phone with my guide to talk about a small add-on at AKV. (Somewhere in the range of 35 points) As expected she first encouraged a SSR add-on and when I told her I wasn't interested she said only 100 or more point add-ons were available at AKV. When I questioned about 3 different ways about that being accurate she said "that is just the way DVC has set it up for now" At first I thought she was just speaking about the $8 off incentive and I told her I understood I could not get that with such a small add-on. She could tell I was obviously shocked and in fact couldn't really gather my thoughts because I was getting this sinking feeling that my guide was being less than honest with me and I was kind of blown away by that idea. My kids then came into the room and with all of the extra commotion I told her I needed to get back to her in the next few days. Is my guide telling me the truth? I wonder is she thinks that being fairly new I am really uninformed and wouldn't know any better. Have I missed something? Is she being untruthful just to get me to purchase at SSR? I'm perplexed :confused3 and if I am right I have just lost all faith in my guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter