My brain is overwhelmed with choices (thanks adhd). I’m going to get a $500 Mastercard gc at Hy-Vee. I can’t decide what my best option to use that is. Do I use it at shopdisney thru RMN? Or thru PayPal? Or sams club? Too many choices!!!

I remember when Paypal Digital gifts was hacked in 2016 and I tried to get Brian Krebs from Krebs on security to report on it. Here was my email:

I don't know whether the disney gift card site got hacked or not, but my point is these big companies that have enough clout somehow find a way to keep these hacks under wraps just like Paypal did. Unlike credit cards, gift cards don't seem to energize the media into investigating or reporting on companies that get hacked. Probably because we are such a small group of people who do the gift card thing.
Thanks for posting, I do agree companies will try to minimize public announcements as much as possible but that never has impacted social outcry. As stated earlier, I have read nothing, not a peep of hundreds of thousands or millions reporting foul.
Doc & GC Galore and others would most certainly report if they heard anything even a few ramblings and they haven't. Here on the DIS, it's been pretty quiet, same can be said of other sites similar to ours. Simply put, we need more proof to make it a DP.
I totally disagree about DGC being a small group of people though.

Giftcards .com: Save 5% On Mastercard Gift Cards With Promo Codes VETERANSDAY & VETERANSDAYSALE
  • Direct link to offer
  • $5.95 purchase fee on $250 VMC
  • $1500 worth of Mastercard virtual or physical gift cards while supplies last.
  • Maximum value $75.00.
  • Excludes Business orders.
  • This promotion cannot be combined with any other offers.
  • Expires 11/17/22. GCG
Cashback Monitor

EDIT to add: I really appreciate how easy Chuck explains the difference of using Capitol One Shopping portals.

Doctor of Credit
Max this out with $1,500 in purchases to get the full $75 discount. Sometimes the promo code ends up working for up to $2,000, though you’ll want to keep under $2,000 for portal tracking purposes.
You’ll get $12.50 discount per $250 virtual Mastercard card. The fees are $5.95 each. It ends up being a $6.55 net on each card. Another option is to buy physical Mastercard gift cards which might be easier for you to use. Useful for holiday gifting as well.

This gets much more interesting if you can go through a portal for an additional 4% back, or $7.50 per card, from Capital One Shopping. Some special people are getting an increased offer via the Capital One Shopping app to get 8% back which spruces up this deal further. Or you might find the same 8% portal offer in Capital One Offers on your Capital One credit card (that method is a little better since they pay out in cash versus gift card with the Capital One shopping app). Notably, this portal and some other portals specifically mentions the promo code VETERANSDAYSALE.

Here are all other portal options. There are also a slew of airline portal bonus offers going on currently which can stack beautifully with this offer.

Last edited:
How does the Sam's club website typically code (Disney) gift card purchases? I vaguely recall reading before that they use a 3rd party to complete the transactions.
I am eyeballing the current offering of $200 for $185 (7.5%) paid with my Citi card (5% back expiring 11/30) through the RMN portal (4% back unknown expiration). Which brings me to 15.8% off of $400. Thoughts? I've only used the Citi offer in stores previously and it has worked for all but 1 order which likely failed because I made two transactions of equal value minutes apart from each-other.

How does the Sam's club website typically code (Disney) gift card purchases? I vaguely recall reading before that they use a 3rd party to complete the transactions.
I am eyeballing the current offering of $200 for $185 (7.5%) paid with my Citi card (5% back expiring 11/30) through the RMN portal (4% back unknown expiration). Which brings me to 15.8% off of $400. Thoughts? I've only used the Citi offer in stores previously and it has worked for all but 1 order which likely failed because I made two transactions of equal value minutes apart from each-other.
My Sams cards are always billed directly from Sams Club, even the e-cards.

It has been a while but I finally found one where I was able to do a split payment to finish off the 5% back category at Warehouse clubs for Discover in June 2021.

Unfortunately I later found out I should have just left it all on the discover to get 1% on the overage as I didn't realize at the time the sam's club mastercard does not pay out on gift cards.

But yes it should work as like @elgerber said it shows up as Sam's

1668200449252.png
1668200672457.png

Family Fare
Thank you for posting! This is a great deal!!!

Disney Gift Card Deals
Family Fare: Buy $50 Disney Gift Cards (Select Gift Cards) & Get $10 Off
Limit 2 per household​
Expires 11/15/22. Post #11522 :thumbsup2 @HolRae

Discount District
Family Fare: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off
Includes: Delta, Disney, Carnival Cruise, Cracker Barrel, Lululemon, Panera, Southwest and Starbucks​
Limit 2 per household.​
Expires 11/15/22. Post #11522 :thumbsup2 @HolRae

Reminder - Today Only 11/12/22

Meijer:

• 10% off Meijer brand Gift Cards
    • Limit of $250.
    • Must clip coupon. Direct link
    • One day only - 11/12/22. Post #11501 :thumbsup2 @mama&me
    • Note, you can NOT buy 3rd party gift cards with Meijer gift cards.
Other Meijer offers ending today:
  • Buy $50 Happy or Choice gift card & Get $10 Meijer gift card
    • Use Happy Treats @ GameStop for DGC. link
  • Buy $150 or more in Visa gift cards & Get $10 Off

My $500 DGC fro shop Disney showed up today. My confirmation From RMN came too. I have the freedom flex so I paid through PayPal to get that 5% back. ☺️

I had 10% back through my freedom on SD so I tried going through RMN and using it through PayPal, here’s hoping I get 25% back on my $50gc

When will you get confirmation of combined payout?
Freedom 10% SD Offer + RMN 10% + Freedom 5% PayPal 4Q.

How does the Hy-Vee Mastercard purchase work? Is it limited based on your location or in store only? When I followed the Doctor of Credit link ( https://www.hy-vee.com/deals/ads/5303442 ) it asks me to choose my store and every location I have tried says "Ad could not be found for the selected store. Please select another store."

EDIT - found another link that talks about this deal and it sounds like it is in Store only - and no Hy-Vee stores near me!

https://frequentmiler.com/hy-vee-ma...0-mastercard-gift-card-you-buy-ends-11-15-22/

Last edited:
How does the Hy-Vee Mastercard purchase work? Is it limited based on your location or in store only? When I followed the Doctor of Credit link ( https://www.hy-vee.com/deals/ads/5303442 ) it asks me to choose my store and every location I have tried says "Ad could not be found for the selected store. Please select another store."

EDIT - found another link that talks about this deal and it sounds like it is in Store only - and no Hy-Vee stores near me!

https://frequentmiler.com/hy-vee-ma...0-mastercard-gift-card-you-buy-ends-11-15-22/

Sorry I was reading terms for a new store card and could have saved you some time. Post #2 Discount District has this offer as Hy-Vee which is in-store. The only time an offer is available online it would be Hy-Vee Online. Again here's the offer...

Hy-Vee: Purchase $150+ Mastercard Giftcards & Get $10 Off Instantly
Purchasing a $500 gift card actually triggers the discount three times for a $30 discount, making this deal significantly better. DOC
Expires 11/15/22. Post #11483 :thumbsup2 @trstno1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter