Virtual Visa's DP:
I'm trying out whether a Virtual Visa can be used like a credit card on ShopDisney (without going through PayPal). The order confirmed and the money appears to be gone from the card. I'll report back whether it worked once I get the eGC ;-)

Editing to add that it worked! Received the eGC from shopDisney and was able to successfully transfer the funds to one of my physical cards. So it appears that you can use VV just like a credit card on ShopDisney (don't need to go through PayPal).

Last edited:
GiftCardDeals.com
I don't get that, why? If you place an order and pay for it, the order should be fulfilled. Is this their policy?

Granted the issues were reported back in 2019 and beyond but it made many of us pause prior to purchasing. The link to @NMbaseballmom is one of many that we older DISers went through as a community and it gave us the foundation of Disney Gift Card Data Points; What to do if you get screwed. What happened with GiftCardDeals.com is a nightmare not wished on anyone. Yes, many have purchased without any issue but it's not 100% guaranteed and that can be said of any third party seller however, the Warning is tagged to this site specifically and should not be ignored or overlooked.
Please tell what happened. I did a search and could not find anything. I will say I did as the
other poster instructed to reach out and they sent the next day. I do have several outstanding
orders though that probably won't be ready for a while. I hope those get filled and I'll move on.

The 2 issues that give me pause is there is no phone support. I was told it was "down". That
was 6 weeks ago. That and the fact they continue to send emails saying "item back in stock"
yet outstanding orders haven't been filled.

Please tell what happened. I did a search and could not find anything. I will say I did as the
other poster instructed to reach out and they sent the next day. I do have several outstanding
orders though that probably won't be ready for a while. I hope those get filled and I'll move on.

The 2 issues that give me pause is there is no phone support. I was told it was "down". That
was 6 weeks ago. That and the fact they continue to send emails saying "item back in stock"
yet outstanding orders haven't been filled.
It's just how it works. I'm in a FB group and people have bought 10's of thousands of dollars from them. There have been some hiccups, but they are quick to fix any issues. I feel a lot more comfortable now that they accept credit cards, they used to only take wires or Zelle. It's not for everyone, depends what your level of comfort is. I can easily get 18% off with my cashback card and while I will still by smaller amounts with deals that pop up, it's nice to get a large amount at once.

Has any part of your order changed like backordered or an item cancelled? Put in a ticket after you receive your items. You might have to upload the shipping invoice which must match your original purchase.
No nothing changed, I sent in a ticket with a copy of my email receipt and received an answer back telling me to wait 45 days because the status might change and if it doesn’t then I can ask them about it again. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's just how it works. I'm in a FB group and people have bought 10's of thousands of dollars from them. There have been some hiccups, but they are quick to fix any issues. I feel a lot more comfortable now that they accept credit cards, they used to only take wires or Zelle. It's not for everyone, depends what your level of comfort is. I can easily get 18% off with my cashback card and while I will still by smaller amounts with deals that pop up, it's nice to get a large amount at once.
No way in the world would i have ever done a wire or Zelle. I do feel some level of protection with
a CC. And like i wrote I reached out and the next day the first one came.

Just wondering if you would give any information on the cashback card and steps you get to 18%
back. It is ok if you don't want to share. Thanks for responding.

No way in the world would i have ever done a wire or Zelle. I do feel some level of protection with
a CC. And like i wrote I reached out and the next day the first one came.

Just wondering if you would give any information on the cashback card and steps you get to 18%
back. It is ok if you don't want to share. Thanks for responding.
I hear ya, it was a bit unsettling, but this was also when disney was closed, so they were offering 20% off. At one time they charged a fee to use a CC, but now they just roll it into the cost of the gift card, so the percentage off is a bit less now.

I get the 18% from buying from GCD, 16% off the card, then I have the citicard double cash card that gives 2% back, so I get another $16.80 back.

I was able to use a virtual visa just like a credit card on to purchase a DGC on shopDisney (didn't need to go through PayPal). eGC arrived and I already transferred the funds over to one of my physical cards. I also edited my comment above to indicate that this did end up working for me :)

Definitely get the level of comfort, I purchased a decent amount back in February to pay off our Disneyland trip this summer and I'm at day 36 now with no cards, so I've just sent an email every other day. They are always quick to respond even if the repeated answer - you'll have them in 1-2 business days - is assuredly just a standard response.
Posts like this make me feel like I'll get them (and why I ordered in the first place), the emails are just extra work for that percentage off I guess.

I was able to use a virtual visa just like a credit card on to purchase a DGC on shopDisney (didn't need to go through PayPal). eGC arrived and I already transferred the funds over to one of my physical cards. I also edited my comment above to indicate that this did end up working for me :)
I know that they dont take prepaid digital prepaid cards ( swagbucks).. so now I just use target for all my disney giftcards.

I used affirm credit card to buy tickets from UT.
They give you a credit card that can be used on any site.. I paid once a month

I have a couple of VV with very low balances connected to PayPal. Where can I use them with split payments to get rid of them? Preferably on a DGC.

I have a couple of VV with very low balances connected to PayPal. Where can I use them with split payments to get rid of them? Preferably on a DGC.
Do you have anything you need from Amazon? (And then transfer that money you would spend at Amazon to your vacation fund).
It's very easy to add any amount to your Amazon GC balance. That's what I usually end up doing with the low oddball amounts.

Please tell what happened. I did a search and could not find anything.
It can be found on the Main pages of this thread:

Post #6 Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps

GiftCardDeals.com: How it Works
Buys and sells third party gift cards. Purchased GC are guaranteed for 60 days.
There have been reports from DISer's with their Disney gc purchases, without reiterating you can read all about it: here and on the same thread others reported success.

Have people been getting the cash back on dgc still? I did before but thought I remember reading it might not work anymore.

Yes, and I have had no issues with RMN, but again YMMV. I think the issue someone posted ShopDisney was charging a shipping fee on physical GC's, not sure if that's still a thing? I may have just missed that as I wasn't charged for mine.

I know that they dont take prepaid digital prepaid cards ( swagbucks).. so now I just use target for all my disney giftcards.

I used affirm credit card to buy tickets from UT.
They give you a credit card that can be used on any site.. I paid once a month

This was a VV purchased through giftcards.com. I made sure it was linked to my name and address and was able to use it without issue as a credit card on ShopDisney. Maybe the prepaid digital cards are different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter