We have a Disney trip planned in late Feb and I'm focused on gobbling up DGCs at the best discount I can get. I'm doing the Bestbuy offer (10%) every day right now on 2 separate accounts (works most days, I have 7 so far) but I'm also looking for any other deals greater than 5% (I can get 5% with my Target red card).

I thought I was going to find a good deal by signing up for a new Chase Freedom that was offering the 5x for groceries new bonus on top of the 5x grocery quarterly bonus, but that sign up offer has now changed to 5x for gas, which isn't helpful for DGCs.

Any other creative suggestions for DGCs at a greater than 5% discount right now (besides best buy?) - thanks!

I hope this offer did not get overlooked! Excellent explanation, great way to save and thanks for posting :thumbsup2
I use my Fetch Rewards for Amazon GC and, specifically, on Disney trips, those GC's pay for my AmazonFresh grocery orders. This keeps my "free dining" still free as ALL of my rewards are used for food....Swagbucks, Rakuten, Disney Visa Rewards, etc...all of that money gets converted to gift cards which pays for our dining. BOOM! Free dining for every trip!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for posting deals, DP's and answering questions. Big shout out to @happiestpoe for the weekend updates! Those offers have been added to the Main Pages.

Added Offers ~ 1/24/22

Disney Gift Card Deals & Discount District
Giant Eagle In-store with Venmo App QR code:
  • Buy $40 Disney Gift Card (variable load), or any 3rd party gc.
    • Get $10 back via Venmo App with QR code
    • Stacks with credit card offers & fuel points. Post #6058
    • Offers are redeemable as long as available in the Venmo app.
    • Check the app before making a purchase. Expiry date unknown.
    • Post #6160 :thumbsup2 @BGparadise
Sam’s Club: Save up to 4% on Disney Gift Cards

• Discounts may fluctuate both online and In-store.
  • Must have membership.
  • E-gift & Physical are available and are limited to 2 per transaction, per card type and per day within 24hr.
  • Sam's Club Cash App boost is 10% which expires 1/31/22.
  • Stacking is possible when using both Dosh and Rakuten / see Cashback Monitor.
  • Here are a few scenarios to help you save the most!
    1. Save 10% with the Cash App on the DGC listed above.
    2. Buy digital Visa gift cards at 10% off
      • Then buy DGC at Sam's or Kroger/Harris Teeter during fuel promotions and Target.
      • Add to PayPal to buy DGC online at BJ's Warehouse or ShopDisney.
  • If I'm missing anything or you have a scenario please let me know.
Discount District
Best Buy: Save 10% On Select Gift Cards

Last edited:

My two cash app orders at Sam’s are still listed as “Pending” on cash app. But the digital cards arrived and the physical ones shipped. So I got 4%, plus 10%, plus 1% off assuming everything goes smoothly. 🎉🎉
4% from Sam's
10% from Cash App
1% from credit card? If so, which card did you use?
Thank you so much!

Not too much going on in my neck of the woods. The only gift cards I've purchase were from Kroger, 4x fuel on Visa & MC. I bought $450 with Discover (5% cashback). Not that exciting I know but I have plenty of Disney gc for a two week trip and then some. Don't need anymore of those though I do need Universal gc. Wish those were available like DGC are. I'll find a way my pretties :stir:

Oh, and the discount on 2% organic milk is crazy awesome!
  • Simple Truth Organic Milk (64 fl oz) - $2.87 (thru 1/25)
    • Use $1.87 Simple Truth Organic Milk (64 fl oz) Kroger Digital Coupon – Limit 5 (Use ONLY 1/19-1/25)
    • Final cost is $1.87
Two Kroger's nearby were sold out so Customer Service substituted it for Simple Truth Organic 100% Grass-Fed 2% Milk and when that ran out, I got Horizon Organic Grassfed 2% Reduced Fat Milk all for the same price $1.87! Top it off, there are a few digital & paper coupons I applied as well, 2X Fuel Points and 5% cashback! Bang! Great deal!

Look at me, getting all excited about Milk. Mooove over DGC's, I've got deals to burn! Oh look, a brown dancing cow > :dogdance: AND, I'm talking to myself...again. :ssst:

Last edited:

Look at me, getting all excited about Milk. Mooove over DGC's, I've got deals to burn! Oh look, a brown dancing cow > :dogdance: AND, I'm talking to myself...again. :ssst:
You're not talking to yourself...we're listening! I just want to say I appreciate all your work finding the deals. We're thinking of retiring soon and I've already told my husband my new job will be stretching our funds and this thread certainly should help with that!

Don't need anymore of those though I do need Universal gc. Wish those were available like DGC are. I'll find a way my pretties :stir:
When you find a way will you bat signal me please? lol. We are going in May and I'm irritated that I can't find a great way to save. Tho I did find a good deal on tickets, but Idk if I can post it here. The place that does the informer meet up sells the tickets and it was a good deal.

You're not talking to yourself...we're listening! I just want to say I appreciate all your work finding the deals. We're thinking of retiring soon and I've already told my husband my new job will be stretching our funds and this thread certainly should help with that!

Thanks! What grocery stores do you use?
I'm getting back into extreme couponing. Have you ever used The Krazy Coupon Lady . Seriously breaks things down, easy to read.

When you find a way will you bat signal me please? lol. We are going in May and I'm irritated that I can't find a great way to save. Tho I did find a good deal on tickets, but Idk if I can post it here. The place that does the informer meet up sells the tickets and it was a good deal.

You're welcome to post anything here. Nothing is off topic - ever!
In terms of posting a specific website, if it's not allowed we'll see asterisks ***** , right? Yep. If that happens space the words out. You Get Me. ::yes::

Thanks! What grocery stores do you use?
I'm getting back into extreme couponing. Have you ever used The Krazy Coupon Lady . Seriously breaks things down, easy to read.
I'll have to check that out...I see a lot of savings mentioned here for Giant Eagle and Kroger but we don't have those here in New England. I mostly go to Stop & Shop, Shaws and Bjs. I was telling my husband I don't have a lot of time while working full time to "clip coupons" but that will definitely have more time to save money once we retire.

The only thing keeping me on the edge of my seat is a recent deal posted on Slickdeals and Doc of Credit - did anyone else do this?

Lowe’s sold AeroGarden Hydroponic Systems for dirt cheap. Crazy great deal that I hope goes through. I bought two. What's weird is my military discount was applied to only one order.

I also received a notice from RMN, but the $100 purchase is throwing me off. Two purchases: $49.82 & $55.35 subtotal = $105.17 does not equal $100 :confused3 This is the only purchase I made at Lowe's in a year.

After I made my second purchase, everything was OOS then became available again and then back to full price. A few have had their orders cancelled but I'm hopeful. It's decaf baby, decaf coffee all the way! We'll until I hear otherwise.

Last edited:
Having 2 one-way reservations for the entire party is better than having 2 round trip reservations for half the party each. (You only have to check in once each direction).
One way reservations are always better with SWA because they will often drop the price of one way and raise the price of the other way. If you booked RT you would not be able to grab the savings on the segment that dropped.

One way reservations are always better with SWA because they will often drop the price of one way and raise the price of the other way. If you booked RT you would not be able to grab the savings on the segment that dropped.

When on Southwest flight and you go to your flight and click change flight you can change just the one way portion of a one way flight. Just don't click on both segments of the flight.

Don't need anymore of those though I do need Universal gc. Wish those were available like DGC are. I'll find a way my pretties :stir:

For Universal gift cards,
- Some people have been able to find them at Giant Eagle or Publix (if you have either of those stores near you) and stack gas points and/or 5% grocery store cc bonuses. I don't have experience with this as I don't have either store near me
- Some people have reported finding Universal gift cards in the Target stores in Florida. I haven't been able to confirm which stores or find them myself (we had a rental car last time we were in Orlando, but I didn't have the time to try out a bunch of different stores)
- What has worked for me is finding deals on virtual Visa cards and using those to buy gift cards directly from Universal. I know that Giftcards.com offers a 5% (I think) off sale on their Visa cards from time to time. Grabbing those cards is the easiest and most consistent way to save on Universal gc. It doesn't rack up the savings quite as fast as the Disney gift cards, but I'll take what I can get.

I've also had great luck using My Points to get virtual Visa cards and then turning them into Universal cards. During the pandemic, I focused a lot on doing this to the point where my November 2021 trip to Universal cost me less than $20 out of pocket. I wish I could do that for every trip!

For Universal gift cards,
- Some people have been able to find them at Giant Eagle or Publix (if you have either of those stores near you) and stack gas points and/or 5% grocery store cc bonuses. I don't have experience with this as I don't have either store near me
- Some people have reported finding Universal gift cards in the Target stores in Florida. I haven't been able to confirm which stores or find them myself (we had a rental car last time we were in Orlando, but I didn't have the time to try out a bunch of different stores)
- What has worked for me is finding deals on virtual Visa cards and using those to buy gift cards directly from Universal. I know that Giftcards.com offers a 5% (I think) off sale on their Visa cards from time to time. Grabbing those cards is the easiest and most consistent way to save on Universal gc. It doesn't rack up the savings quite as fast as the Disney gift cards, but I'll take what I can get.

I've also had great luck using My Points to get virtual Visa cards and then turning them into Universal cards. During the pandemic, I focused a lot on doing this to the point where my November 2021 trip to Universal cost me less than $20 out of pocket. I wish I could do that for every trip!
Thats pretty impressive. Ive never done my points. And not had the best luck with Swagbucks lately.

Is there an advantage to converting Visa cards to Universal cards? Would you be able to just use the Visa card in the parks for meals, etc.? I have a few visa cards left over as gifts and that's what I was planning to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter