Cost Plus World Market Has Been Sold | Check Your Gift Card Stash
This news may affect the gift cards in your wallet!

We’ve been covering Bed Bath & Beyond’s plans to close roughly 20% of its stores, with 40 locations closing in the next month alone. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. also owns buybuy Baby, Harmon Face Value, and Christmas Tree Shops. It also owns Cost Plus World Market, but is currently in the process of selling it to Kingswood Capital Management, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm.

The sale of Cost Plus World Market includes 243 brick-and-mortar locations, the store’s website, 2 distribution facilities, and a corporate office located in Alameda, California. This transaction is expected to be finalized before the end of Bed Bath & Beyond’s fiscal year in February.
Following the sale of Cost Plus World Market, the store will likely continue to operate as a stand-alone retail brand. It’s important to note that under its new ownership, Cost Plus World Market will no longer participate in gift card reciprocity with Bed Bath & Beyond and its remaining subsidiaries.

So keep that in mind if you have gift cards from either one of these retailers, and spend your gift card soon if you were planning to use a Cost Plus World Market gift card at Bed Bath & Beyond or vice versa! :thumbsup2 Hip2Save

View attachment 549959

We’ve been covering Bed Bath & Beyond’s plans to close roughly 20% of its stores, with 40 locations closing in the next month alone. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. also owns buybuy Baby, Harmon Face Value, and Christmas Tree Shops. It also owns Cost Plus World Market, but is currently in the process of selling it to Kingswood Capital Management, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm.

The sale of Cost Plus World Market includes 243 brick-and-mortar locations, the store’s website, 2 distribution facilities, and a corporate office located in Alameda, California. This transaction is expected to be finalized before the end of Bed Bath & Beyond’s fiscal year in February.
View attachment 549960
Following the sale of Cost Plus World Market, the store will likely continue to operate as a stand-alone retail brand. It’s important to note that under its new ownership, Cost Plus World Market will no longer participate in gift card reciprocity with Bed Bath & Beyond and its remaining subsidiaries.

So keep that in mind if you have gift cards from either one of these retailers, and spend your gift card soon if you were planning to use a Cost Plus World Market gift card at Bed Bath & Beyond or vice versa! :thumbsup2 Hip2Save
World Market is one of my favorite stores to shop in. Hope it doesn’t change too much!

View attachment 549959

View attachment 549960

wow, never knew they were related!

Some may have noticed or not, I deleted BJ's January 2020 Disney Gift Card Bulk Sale info from Post #3 Warehouses . Not to worry, should this come back later I do have it saved in my file for those wanting to compare.

After I paid for our tickets for our March trip I slacked. Now I need to buy around 2000 more for food and stuff (there’s 8 of us). Any chance I’m gonna get any good deals before then? I don’t have a chase freedom card😢

So BJ's has/had an excellent offer on Boston Market gift cards, temporarily sold out? See Post #3 Warehouses

For those who took advantage of this deal, here's more icing to add towards your savings:
$5 Off Boston Market Prime Rib Individual Meal
Today, January 13th only, starting at 4 pm, they are offering $5 off a Prime Rib Individual Meal when you use promo code 37467 at checkout or show this printable coupon to the cashier.
In addition, for a limited time, you can use coupon code PICKUP10 to save 10% off your entire online order with in-store pickup.

Lots more icing can be seen on Hip2Save :love:

since this is not a "gift card deal" and actually a theme park update maybe someone should move the post to the appropriate forum.

But, as for your statement- Disney can be as inclusive as you want it. Magical Express is a great service for those who fly. For those who drive-eh not really.

Staying onsite is still the only way we will do Disney. We are relatively new DVC owners and once we are in the "bubble" then we are in vacay mode. We use ride share several times each trip because some mornings if the buses are not running in a timely manner then we will order a Lyft. Or, if we have a breakfast reservation at another resort-rideshare.

I can understand the frustration people have because they feel like Disney is removing so much and giving so little. If you are not happy going to WDW then don't go. Spend your time and money elsewhere. As for me and my family, we still enjoy WDW. IMO, WDW is trying to make their parks safe and still maintain their business.

I am sure that the "included" that was free but not really free will be replaced with a paid for service like they do for the DCL cruises to and from the port. We can not expect a business not to make changes-especially during these times.
But hey, at least we still get 5% off Disney gift cards @ Target with our Redcard :)

First off, this is directly related to Disney Gift Cards since it affects their value and the need for it. For people who don't buy annual passes, the main Disney costs are tickets, hotel costs, and food and now it is possible that it might not be worth it to stay at a Disney hotel.

Secondly, just because YOU don't use the Magical Express doesn't mean other people don't. Just like I personally don't use the extra magic hours but I know many people who do. Or I don't buy an anuual pass so if Disney decided to eliminate that you want me to tell people who are upset about it well, don't go if you don't like it. I don't have the attitude that just because I don't use it, I should tell someone who does use it, well, if you don't like it then don't go.

After I paid for our tickets for our March trip I slacked. Now I need to buy around 2000 more for food and stuff (there’s 8 of us). Any chance I’m gonna get any good deals before then? I don’t have a chase freedom card😢

Woof! Have you thought about getting a new credit card? That's what I'd be looking into. I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 Otherwise you're stuck trying to buy gc with limits here & there. Too much work!

I’ve thought about it but bc of Covid and it’s affects of our business it’s screwed up my credit so for the time being I can’t 😢

You're not alone! I don't know what apps you have/use but look into those. Someone recently posted about Walmart or Walgreens a page back.

EDIT: See this post about the Cash App posted by @Bobb_ o

Last edited:
You're not alone! I don't know what apps you have/use but look into those. Someone recently posted about Walmart or Walgreens a page back.

EDIT: See this post about the Cash App posted by @Bobb_ o
I saw that. I’m the one that posted the warning about cashapp and I’m just too leary to try it

I saw that. I’m the one that posted the warning about cashapp and I’m just too leary to try it

Smack!!! I was about to delete my post too! I get the concern regarding apps, opening up anything new really but you're in a bit of a pickle. So many offers have limits, it's going to take time, gas and more time. Any offers at your grocery store?

Smack!!! I was about to delete my post too! I get the concern regarding apps, opening up anything new really but you're in a bit of a pickle. So many offers have limits, it's going to take time, gas and more time. Any offers at your grocery store?
Hy-Vee is probably the only one with any chances. Our local Kroger affiliate doesn’t have a gas station anywhere near where I can use the fuel points so that’s not very helpful. I may just have to go with target

I have Dosh, Pei, SB, Ibotta and Shopkick

I'm not finding offers for the apps you have. What I do have is already posted on the main pages, I know...not helpful!

Ibotta Now Allows You To Buy Gift Cards With Cashback Balance Link

BJ's Offers:
  • Save 4% Everyday on Disney Gift Cards
    • Free Shipping. Must have membership, even the 1 Day Online Pass works. $10 for a 1 day online pass.
    • Since you don't have a Chase Freedom do you qualify for... American Airlines and United shopping portals are also offering bonuses right now.
Sam’s Club: Join For $45 & Get $45
Two options available here & here. Expiry date unknown.

Sam's also sells Disney Gift Cards up to 4% everyday.
  • Prices may fluctuate both online and In-store.
  • Free Shipping. Must have membership.
  • E-gift & Physical are available and are limited to 2 per transaction per card type.
There are Credit Card Offers but I don't know which ones you have so you might want to slow down and take a look see.

Also today is hump day, new offers are bound to show up.

Hy-Vee is probably the only one with any chances. Our local Kroger affiliate doesn’t have a gas station anywhere near where I can use the fuel points so that’s not very helpful. I may just have to go with target
Confirmed - You can use Hy-Vee gift cards to buy third party gift cards. 12/19/20 :thumbsup2 @robinb

Can gas points transfer from one month to the next? Kroger in Michigan allows this. We've done it many times. I believe @havaneselover has done this as well. GC Galore mentioned selling your gas points. I've not heard of this but got any friends & family that can help you out?

I’ve thought about it but bc of Covid and it’s affects of our business it’s screwed up my credit so for the time being I can’t 😢

Do you have a Target red card? That’s at least an easy 5% off. If not, if you get the debit card (rather than the credit card), I would *guess* that your credit score would be less of a factor, and you could still be approved??

I'm not finding offers for the apps you have. What I do have is already posted on the main pages, I know...not helpful!

Ibotta Now Allows You To Buy Gift Cards With Cashback Balance Link

BJ's Offers:
  • Save 4% Everyday on Disney Gift Cards
    • Free Shipping. Must have membership, even the 1 Day Online Pass works. $10 for a 1 day online pass.
    • Since you don't have a Chase Freedom do you qualify for... American Airlines and United shopping portals are also offering bonuses right now.
Sam’s Club: Join For $45 & Get $45
Two options available here & here. Expiry date unknown.

Sam's also sells Disney Gift Cards up to 4% everyday.
  • Prices may fluctuate both online and In-store.
  • Free Shipping. Must have membership.
  • E-gift & Physical are available and are limited to 2 per transaction per card type.
There are Credit Card Offers but I don't know which ones you have so you might want to slow down and take a look see.

Also today is hump day, new offers are bound to show up.
Thank you so much for all you do on this thread! I really appreciate all the help. I may be able to do something with the Discover 5% at Hyvee if they do a gc sale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!