Confirmed - You can use Hy-Vee gift cards to buy third party gift cards. 12/19/20 :thumbsup2 @robinb

Can gas points transfer from one month to the next? Kroger in Michigan allows this. We've done it many times. I believe @havaneselover has done this as well. GC Galore mentioned selling your gas points. I've not heard of this but got any friends & family that can help you out?
Hyvee question. So this weekend there is a 25 cent fuel saver for every 50$ purchase. Do you happen to know if gc are included in this? I can email, I just wondered if the collective hive knew the answer. Bc combined with the 5% from discover this could be a decent deal.

Added Offers ~ 1/14/21

Discount District
CVS: Spend $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 CVS Extrabucks.
Includes: Domino's & Kohl's​
Limit 1 per household with card.​
Offer Valid January 17th - January 23rd Hip2Save

Newegg: Buy $50 Adidas Gift Card & Get $15 Adidas Bonus Card Free :thumbsup2
Staples: Buy $200 Visa Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee
  • Limit 5 per customer per day. Offer valid in-store only.
  • Offer Valid January 17-23, 2021. GC Galore
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Alaska Airlines Chase Offers/BankAmeriDeal: 10% at Alaska Airlines, up to $31 Cashback
Limit & expiry date unknown. Doctor of Credit posted on 1/14/21.​

Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards: Earn 10x When Spending $5-$25 At Starbucks
Minimum purchase $5, maximum purchase of $25.​
Expires 1/31/21. GC Galore

Transportation & Traveling with Points
The Alaska, United and American Airlines Shopping Portals: “Treat Yourself Bonus” offers:
MISC.
Bitmo: Buy $100 Lowe’s Gift Card & Get $15 Lowe’s Gift Card Free With Promo Code LOWESBONUSJAN

Last edited:
@dez1978

I see the Sale Ad you're referring to
Fine Print: Minimum $50 purchase required. Some Exclusions apply. See store for details. The more you purchase, the more cents off per gallon you earn. The 11 page ad never showed gift cards as part of this promotion. Hopefully @robinb can offer some guidance.

Added Offers ~ 1/14/21

Discount District
CVS: Spend $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 CVS Extrabucks.
Includes: Domino's & Kohl's​
Limit 1 per household with card.​
Offer Valid January 17th - January 23rd Hip2Save

Newegg: Buy $50 Adidas Gift Card & Get $15 Adidas Bonus Card Free :thumbsup2
Staples: Buy $200 Visa Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee
  • Limit 5 per customer per day. Offer valid in-store only.
  • Offer Valid January 17-23, 2021. GC Galore
  • Amex Business Platinum: 4x bonus Membership Rewards at Office supply stores.
  • Chase Ink Plus or Ink Cash card: Earn 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points seeing as those cards earn 5 points per dollar at office supply stores.
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Alaska Airlines Chase Offers/BankAmeriDeal: 10% at Alaska Airlines, up to $31 Cashback
Limit & expiry date unknown. Doctor of Credit posted on 1/14/21.​

Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards: Earn 10x When Spending $5-$25 At Starbucks
Minimum purchase $5, maximum purchase of $25.​
Expires 1/31/21. GC Galore

Transportation & Traveling with Points
The Alaska, United and American Airlines Shopping Portals: “Treat Yourself Bonus” offers:
MISC.
Bitmo: Buy $100 Lowe’s Gift Card & Get $15 Lowe’s Gift Card Free With Promo Code LOWESBONUSJAN
I don't think CIP earns 5x UR at office supply stores. Just CIC. And are you sure on American Express Business Platinum? I'm in the MSR period so can't do it anyway. ETA--I remember now that this is a targeted offer. Might be helpful to spell that out.

I don't think CIP earns 5x UR at office supply stores. Just CIC. And are you sure on American Express Business Platinum? I'm in the MSR period so can't do it anyway.

On the Staples deal? If so, it was posted on GC Galore . I personally don't have this card but I think he's using the same format over again without deleting old stuff.

On the Staples deal? If so, it was posted on GC Galore . I personally don't have this card but I think he's using the same format over again without deleting old stuff.
Yes. CIC is the one which is 5X UR. CIP is not. And Amex is a targeted offer (and not available on newish cards I think). I'd trust the credit card thread more than GC Galore based on this dp.

First off, this is directly related to Disney Gift Cards since it affects their value and the need for it. For people who don't buy annual passes, the main Disney costs are tickets, hotel costs, and food and now it is possible that it might not be worth it to stay at a Disney hotel.

Secondly, just because YOU don't use the Magical Express doesn't mean other people don't. Just like I personally don't use the extra magic hours but I know many people who do. Or I don't buy an anuual pass so if Disney decided to eliminate that you want me to tell people who are upset about it well, don't go if you don't like it. I don't have the attitude that just because I don't use it, I should tell someone who does use it, well, if you don't like it then don't go.
First of all - geez- I must have struck a nerve- I apologize for obviously offending you. But, it is not a DISNEY gift card deal. It is a theme park update. I do use Magical express - over 20 times and I even PAY for it when we cruise on DCL. I am an AP holder and I own DVC. I am an avid planner and use many of the deal on this forum. This topic is not relavwnt to this particular forum. I really did not mean to offend you.

First of all - geez- I must have struck a nerve- I apologize for obviously offending you. But, it is not a DISNEY gift card deal. It is a theme park update. I do use Magical express - over 20 times and I even PAY for it when we cruise on DCL. I am an AP holder and I own DVC. I am an avid planner and use many of the deal on this forum. This topic is not relavwnt to this particular forum. I really did not mean to offend you.
Ok Karen..:rolleyes1

I totally understand your perspective. DME is not directly relevant to Disney gift card deals.

That being said, this thread (and the now-retired Disney Gift Card Deals thread) has always been a place where off-topic chatter is tolerated. It’s part of what makes this group feel like more of a community.

FAA: No more warnings for unruly passengers on flights
"First strike and you're out" Passengers can expect to have penalties including fines up to $35,000 and even jail terms if passengers physically assault or verbally threaten airline crews or other travelers. Link

I thought this was interesting...
Spike in negative candle reviews may be tied to COVID-19 - Link
This was posted on Dec 19, 2020 but I had not heard of this until I saw Jimmy Kimmel. The graph he had available showed a steady decline as the virus spread across the country. The reviews left on Amazon and Yankee Candle went downhill.

EDIT: Charts can be seen here.

Last edited:
Anyone have an inside info on when Kroger will be doing another 4x gift cards on Disney and Universal? I need some gift cards for Universal trip next month and to pay some DVC dues!! I'm hoping for at least a weekend deal sometime soon... I loathe paying full price for gas, lol.

Also...any DP on whether I can use my Platinum Amex and get 10x groceries if I mix gift card purchases in? If not, I'll use CF (5x point on groceries) or Discover (5% cash back this quarter) - which I know works - so no worries. Was just hoping for some other people's expeirences with Amex. I hear they can be picky about gift card purchases at grocery stores.

Anyone have an inside info on when Kroger will be doing another 4x gift cards on Disney and Universal? I need some gift cards for Universal trip next month and to pay some DVC dues!! I'm hoping for at least a weekend deal sometime soon... I loathe paying full price for gas, lol.

Also...any DP on whether I can use my Platinum Amex and get 10x groceries if I mix gift card purchases in? If not, I'll use CF (5x point on groceries) or Discover (5% cash back this quarter) - which I know works - so no worries. Was just hoping for some other people's expeirences with Amex. I hear they can be picky about gift card purchases at grocery stores.
I'm wondering the same about 4x fuel points. It's been a while (5 weeks?).

@dez1978

I see the Sale Ad you're referring to
View attachment 550131
Fine Print: Minimum $50 purchase required. Some Exclusions apply. See store for details. The more you purchase, the more cents off per gallon you earn. The 11 page ad never showed gift cards as part of this promotion. Hopefully @robinb can offer some guidance.
I have never bought gift cards with an extra Fuel Perks promo like this. I do know that you get 20-cents in Fuel Perks for every $100 purchased everyday.

@Limes96 has been 100% on Kroger gc deals. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

You buy Universal gc at Kroger? You have my attention!
Which location please: state & city. I sure wish ours in and around Macomb Michigan had them in-store.

Amex Business Platinum: 4x bonus Membership Rewards in the following categories: Gas stations, Office supply stores, Shipping, Wireless & Advertising.
Expires 6/30/21. GC Galore

American Express Platinum: 100,000 Points + 10x Grocery/Gas For 6 Months
Doctor of Credit

You know the saying, read, read & read!!!

@Limes96 has been 100% on Kroger gc deals. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

You buy Universal gc at Kroger? You have my attention!
Which location please: state & city. I sure wish ours in and around Macomb Michigan had them in-store.

Amex Business Platinum: 4x bonus Membership Rewards in the following categories: Gas stations, Office supply stores, Shipping, Wireless & Advertising.
Expires 6/30/21. GC Galore

American Express Platinum: 100,000 Points + 10x Grocery/Gas For 6 Months
Doctor of Credit

You know the saying, read, read & read!!!
We have Universal gift cards at Kroger in Central Virgina.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!