Thank you so much for this! I would never have though of it because I assumed the redemption card would be subject to "no buying gift cards with gift cards" style rules. Yesterday, I redeemed my available dollars, used an RMN click through for the gift card, and it says the earnings tracked. Yay for a 10% bonus on our Disney Visa earnings!
Where can you see that your earnings tracked? I used the link through RMN yesterday, but nothing is showing up as pending on my RMN account.

Thank you so much for this! I would never have though of it because I assumed the redemption card would be subject to "no buying gift cards with gift cards" style rules. Yesterday, I redeemed my available dollars, used an RMN click through for the gift card, and it says the earnings tracked. Yay for a 10% bonus on our Disney Visa earnings!
I was thinking it would be treated like a gift card too, but it went through! The $22.50 is pending in RMN. 🤞 Plus now I have 2 less cards to take with me too since it's all in gift card form.

I am so surprised by how fast these things can happen these days. I used all our Chase ShopDisney offers yesterday with my RMN account. Today, I was just going to take the 10% from RMN on DH's RMN account and leave it at that. But I decided to go ahead and apply for a Discover card since so many on here use it when the paypal 5% cb is active. Well, I just applied, was approved, and already have the card linked to paypal and activated. So now I'll go ahead and make the DGC purchases, split up but totalling $500, and getting 15% back!

Normally we only apply for cards that will give us lots of travel points, but I think this one will be worth it and a keeper in the long run.

Where can you see that your earnings tracked? I used the link through RMN yesterday, but nothing is showing up as pending on my RMN account.

Did you do physical or digital? I did digital yesterday about 3pm, it delivered maybe an hour later, and I got the email from RMN that it tracked 9am this morning.

When I've done physical in the past, it takes several hours after the card ships before the earnings tracking email comes through.

If you go to My Account -> Rewards Activity, you can see any sessions that haven't tracked as Rewards in Process and then the ones that track are listed lower under My Rewards Activity with the amount and the pending status.

Did you do physical or digital? I did digital yesterday about 3pm, it delivered maybe an hour later, and I got the email from RMN that it tracked 9am this morning.

When I've done physical in the past, it takes several hours after the card ships before the earnings tracking email comes through.

If you go to My Account -> Rewards Activity, you can see any sessions that haven't tracked as Rewards in Process and then the ones that track are listed lower under My Rewards Activity with the amount and the pending status.
I purchased one digital card for $500 last night, but I haven't received it yet from Shop Disney. That might be why its not showing up yet.

I purchased one digital card for $500 last night, but I haven't received it yet from Shop Disney. That might be why its not showing up yet.
You might have to call. I had purchased eGCs Monday and then again last night. I called this morning because they usually come so quickly. Apparently, they have been having a lot of fraud and they needed to verify I placed the order. They had me verify my name, address, phone number, email and the phone number to the credit card used. Little annoying, because how was I supposed to know that was the hold up. I had received no email or notification from them. Anyway, if you call during the day they can push the order through while you are on the phone. They said I should have received an email asking to call and was surprised I had not. Not really sure what the department verified or how effective they are. The credit card I used was my husband's (and I'm not an authorized user on his account) and another order I was draining his Disney rewards redemption card. I was convinced they were going to make him call back, but they pushed the order through anyway.

You might have to call. I had purchased eGCs Monday and then again last night. I called this morning because they usually come so quickly. Apparently, they have been having a lot of fraud and they needed to verify I placed the order. Little annoying, because how was I supposed to know that was the hold up. I had received no email or notification from them. Anyway, if you call during the day they can push the order through while you are on the phone. They said I should have received an email asking to call and was surprised I had not.
Thank you for this info. I will definitely call! I didn't receive any emails either, but it's odd that its taking so long. I bet that's the issue.

Good! After the order goes through it could show up on your RMN account anytime. I've had purchases not show up for a month, no rhyme or reason. Provided your keeping track of your GC purchases via a spreadsheet, you'll have a way to reconcile each purchase. Much like a checkbook to bank statements. Right? ::yes::

Good! After the order goes through it could show up on your RMN account anytime. I've had purchases not show up for a month, no rhyme or reason. Provided your keeping track of your GC purchases via a spreadsheet, you'll have a way to reconcile each purchase. Much like a checkbook to bank statements. Right? ::yes::
Yes, still waiting for the gift card. I called and they said there were no issues, it should come through. Hopefully once it does it will show up on RMN at some point. Definitely keeping track of everything! Thanks

You might have to call. I had purchased eGCs Monday and then again last night. I called this morning because they usually come so quickly. Apparently, they have been having a lot of fraud and they needed to verify I placed the order. They had me verify my name, address, phone number, email and the phone number to the credit card used. Little annoying, because how was I supposed to know that was the hold up. I had received no email or notification from them. Anyway, if you call during the day they can push the order through while you are on the phone. They said I should have received an email asking to call and was surprised I had not. Not really sure what the department verified or how effective they are. The credit card I used was my husband's (and I'm not an authorized user on his account) and another order I was draining his Disney rewards redemption card. I was convinced they were going to make him call back, but they pushed the order through anyway.
This is exactly what happened to my order. I called this morning and verified my information. I was told I still had to wait another 24 to 48 hours, but my RMN still went pending.

This is exactly what happened to my order. I called this morning and verified my information. I was told I still had to wait another 24 to 48 hours, but my RMN still went pending.
That's weird. My gift cards were sent about an hour after calling to verify. My RMN went pending long before I got my gift cards though. haha

That's weird. My gift cards were sent about an hour after calling to verify. My RMN went pending long before I got my gift cards though. haha
It is weird, and frustrating. As of now, still no gift card and no pending reward.

I find Rakuten frustrating, I'm still missing cb from an order I placed on May 13th. The missing amount should be included with my Big Fat Check set to drop on Aug. 16th.
I have done everything they've asked me to do FOUR times.
I'll never use them for the Skinstore or Dermstore again - too much hassle! No thanks!

For those of you that have added DGC to Apple Pay. Can you use the touch to pay function in the parks? If you can I want to get an e-card from ShopDisney and transfer my other cards to it and use that as my main card.

I am so surprised by how fast these things can happen these days. I used all our Chase ShopDisney offers yesterday with my RMN account. Today, I was just going to take the 10% from RMN on DH's RMN account and leave it at that. But I decided to go ahead and apply for a Discover card since so many on here use it when the paypal 5% cb is active. Well, I just applied, was approved, and already have the card linked to paypal and activated. So now I'll go ahead and make the DGC purchases, split up but totalling $500, and getting 15% back!

Normally we only apply for cards that will give us lots of travel points, but I think this one will be worth it and a keeper in the long run.
Just to double check when you said the Discover is activated, did you mean you activated the 5% category quarter? Only transactions made after activation will get the 5% back. I always try to activate asap so I'm not sad later. (In fact, I went in today to activate the 4th quarter!)

Also keep in mind since it's a new card you get the first year cash back match. So it's really 10% back when they pay out the match at the end of the year. You can get 5 quarters worth of categories into the first year so if you work strategically you can make $750 off that one card. (More if you used a friend's link with the statement credit) So pretty good for a card, cash buys travel too! 👍

For those of you that have added DGC to Apple Pay. Can you use the touch to pay function in the parks? If you can I want to get an e-card from ShopDisney and transfer my other cards to it and use that as my main card.
No but most places are able to scan the gift card in the wallet app. Some of the cast members don’t know how but I’d say 95% of the time it works.

Welcome back! We've been talking about you :ssst: All good!
Thank you for your kind words, we sincerely appreciate it.

Saving for Universal is a bit trickier, @sandam1 has the right idea with VV. I'll also add prepaid & variable load Visa & MC gift cards work at Universal Orlando.com For the offers, you'll have to do some calculations to see which offers are worth doing. As a reminder we also have Post #7 Universal Orlando Gift Cards & Landry's Select Club Offer to help you along the way. Again, welcome back!

:thumbsup2
Thank you, I will check out post #7 and will keep an eye out for Visa/MC giftcards when the deals are good and of course those 10% off VVs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter