We got back from our WDW trip a few weeks ago and had an absolutely magical time! It was the first time at Disney for our thee kids and my husband and I hadn't been there in 25-30 years, so it was quite the experience for all of us! Across the course of a year, we picked up ~$7000 worth of Disney giftcards at between 10-20% off using the tips and tricks posted on this board. I didn't buy any giftcard for less than 10% off except for the last few hundred dollars we owed upon checkout when the pre-purchased giftcards ran out (and for these, I bought them for 5% off at Target online the evening before checkout). I don't have an exact number, but I would estimate that we saved >$1000 on our Disney trip by doing this! That's no small chunk of change 8-)

So, I wanted to give a big thank you to @FoxC63 @happiestpoe and all the other frequent contributors to this board! It's been a lot of fun to follow along and save a lot of money! :cheer2:

In fact, we had such a great time, that we're now planning a Universal Orlando vacation for summer 2023. I've also started playing the credit card game, so I'll have points to cover flights, tickets, and hotel stays, but was wondering if there are any similar methods for picking up Universal GCs at a discount to use for food and souvenirs in the Universal parks? Thank you all for what you do here!

Dosh: Earn 4% Cashback At Office Depot/OfficeMax
GCG

• Earn 4% cashback when paying with a Dosh-linked card at Office Depot/OfficeMax
  • Expires August 4, 2022
  • Limit $100 cashback per day
I've never used Dosh before, but we do have lots of OD/OM CC offers I planned to start using. Does Dosh pay out when you buy GCs in store?

ETA: I think I remember from this thread that Dosh is finicky about GC purchases, no? Does it depend on the amount maybe?

Last edited:

I've also started playing the credit card game, so I'll have points to cover flights, tickets, and hotel stays, but was wondering if there are any similar methods for picking up Universal GCs at a discount to use for food and souvenirs in the Universal parks?

The only consistent way is to buy Virtual Visas at a discount and then turn them into Universal gift cards. Personally, I also collect points with My Points and get rewarded with Virtual Visas which I use to purchase Universal cards. There have been random sightings of Universal cards at Target, but nothing widespread.

@holyrita will you be stacking to earn more than 10%?
Just saying,
5% is typical via Target, 10% is fine via RMN, again YMMV. If you can earn 15%-20% or more, that should be your goal.

The only time many will do 5% and/or 10% is if they plan on vacationing soon or if DVC dues are due. $500 is a lot of out of pocket (OOP) money, are there any offers in Post #1 Disney Deals that can save you more?

Oh, to answer your question, a few have done $500 with payout. Personally, I'm not sure I would take the risk.
My min is 10%, but only because we seem to spend so much that it's too hard to accumulate enough GCs at 15-20%. Like, I'm still working on getting enough for our Sep DL and Nov WDW trips, and then I'll need 3K for next year's DVC dues, 4K for our DCL trip in May, and 8K for our ABD trip next September 😵

But I do get several at 15-20, which bring up the overall average. Currently at 13%...

I've never used Dosh before, but we do have lots of OD/OM CC offers I planned to start using. Does Dosh pay out when you buy GCs in store?

ETA: I think I remember from this thread that Dosh is finicky about GC purchases, no? Does it depend on the amount maybe?
Yes, Dosh does track physical GC purchases at OD/OM ( I've done it a number of times). There are reports of them randomly shutting down accounts and not paying out without warning when there is "too much" activity regarding gift cards since they are technically excluded. I haven't had this issue yet, but I also haven't been doing this as frequently as many people and also use Dosh for other things just as much or more than purchasing gift cards (eg, my local pizza place gives cashback on Dosh).

My advice would be go ahead and try it and just cash out as frequently as you can so there's no surprises when you try to cash out a large amount and aren't able to.

Added Offers 8/03/22

Discount District
Smart & Final: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 off next purchase
  • Includes: Airbnb, Apple, Doordash, Fandago, Gap Options, Gap, Old Navy, IHOP, Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ, Choice Pack & Go Swap, Choice Yay You Swap, Sephora, SpaFinder and Starbucks
  • Coupon will print on receipt.
  • Coupon must be redeemed by August 23, 2022.
  • Smart & Final Gift Card PDF & Weekly Ad
  • Expires 8/16/22.

Really?! I thought it was $50 max per offer! Like, I made several transactions yesterday that will equal $50 in cash back, so I thought I was done. If not, I'll make some more today as we need to pay for our Disneyland Hotel stay in September!
Oh shoot, I also thought it was $50 per offer and not per transaction 🤦‍♀️

I do want to flag:
RetailMeNot customers can qualify for up to 7 Online Cash Back Offers per retailer within a calendar month. This will count toward your online Cash Back maximum monthly total of 20. Offers also carry a maximum Cash Back Reward amount. You can verify the amount in the Offer Details section of each offer. Please review the following article for more details regarding any limits.
from their website: https://help.retailmenot.com/s/article/Is-there-a-limit-of-how-many-cash-back-offers-I-can-use

Yes, Dosh does track physical GC purchases at OD/OM ( I've done it a number of times). There are reports of them randomly shutting down accounts and not paying out without warning when there is "too much" activity regarding gift cards since they are technically excluded. I haven't had this issue yet, but I also haven't been doing this as frequently as many people and also use Dosh for other things just as much or more than purchasing gift cards (eg, my local pizza place gives cashback on Dosh).

My advice would be go ahead and try it and just cash out as frequently as you can so there's no surprises when you try to cash out a large amount and aren't able to.
This. We have had our warnings, proceed with caution. Read the comments over at Doctor of Credit

Really?! I thought it was $50 max per offer! Like, I made several transactions yesterday that will equal $50 in cash back, so I thought I was done. If not, I'll make some more today as we need to pay for our Disneyland Hotel stay in September!

I do want to flag:

from their website: https://help.retailmenot.com/s/article/Is-there-a-limit-of-how-many-cash-back-offers-I-can-use
@Duckbug.Ducktales I would not go heavy on RMN due to the GC exclusion. Granted many of us have been paid out but they do have the exclusion and can use it at their sole discretion.

Albertsons Markets/United Supermarkets/Market Street:
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards& Get $10 Off Next Purchase
    • Includes: Airbnb, Bath & Body Works, California Pizza Kitchen, DoorDash, Fanatics, Foot Locker, Gap Options, Instacart, NBA Store, NFL Shop, MLB Shop, NHL Shop, Panera Bread, Twitch, Under Armour.
    • $10 coupon expires 7 days from date of issuance and cannot be used towards the purchase of any gift card, alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, prescriptions or store service.
    • Limit one offer per transaction.
    • Direct link to weekly ad.
    • Expires 8/23/22. GCG
Brookshire Brothers: Buy $50/$100 Select Gift Cards & Get $10/$20 Off
Includes: Darden, Domino’s, GameStop, Gap Options and PlayStation Store​
Limit $40 in savings.​
Expires 9/09/22. GCG

Food City: Buy $75 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Food City Gift Card Free
Includes: Buffalo Wild Wings, Burlington, Dick’s Sporting Goods, DoorDash, Jersey Mike’s and Uber Eats​
Limit 2 promotions per customer per day.​
Expires 8/09/22. GCG

Food Lion: Buy $50 Select Choice Gift Cards + $10 Groceries & Get $10 Off
Includes: Choice Cheers To You!, Choice Food & Laughs, Choice Retail Therapy and Choice Treat Yourself​
Limit 1 offer per transaction.​
$10 grocery purchase not applicable towards the purchase of tobacco, alcohol, gift cards, postage stamps or services.​
Expires 8/16/22. GCG

Hy-Vee: Buy $50 Choice & Giving Good Gift Cards & Earn 30c Off Per Gallon
Excludes One4All gift cards.​
Expires 8/16/22. GCG

Schnucks: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off
Includes: Academy, Arby’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, DSW, Old Navy and Uber​
Limit 1 per account. Direct link to digital coupons (search for ‘gift cards’).​
Expires 8/09/22. GCG

Publix: Get $10 Off $50 Gas Gift Card When Spending $50+ On Groceries
  • Original coupon and single transaction for at least $50 in groceries, excluding phone and gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps and prescriptions required for each deal.
  • Original coupon and gas card must be presented when purchasing $50 of groceries.
  • Publix accepts only one minimum purchase coupon for every minimum grocery purchase, meaning minimum purchase coupons cannot be combined.
  • Direct link to weekly ad (you might need to change the store ID).
  • Expires 8/09/22. GCG

@Duckbug.Ducktales I would not go heavy on RMN due to the GC exclusion. Granted many of us have been paid out but they do have the exclusion and can use it at their sole discretion.
Yeah, I realize that it would be too much all at once anyway. I already made $500 in GC purchases, combined, yesterday. Will do DH's today, another $500 split up. More than that would be a lot of spending!

Amazon & Credit Card Offers

Chipotle Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $30 Of Spend
  • Maximum $3 back.
  • Offer valid one time only.
  • Payment must be made directly with the merchant.
  • Offer not valid on third-party delivery services.
  • Expires 8/31/22. GCG
Choice Hotels Chase Offers/BofA: Earn 10% Back, up to $290
Expires 8/15/22. DOC

If interested, save the offer now!

PayPal/Venmo: Spend $40+ At Fareway & Get $10 Off Next Purchase
  • $10 voucher will be viewable in the ‘Offers’ section and is valid on next purchase of $10.01+ by October 31, 2022.
  • Only 10,000 Rewards are available during the offer period.
  • Expires 9/30/22 or while supplies last. GCG

I do want to flag:

Thank you for this. Between Hubby and I we have so many cards that can potentially get the Shop Disney 10% that I could see us hitting this 7 transaction cap.

If we get really lucky and every card hits a certain 10% Shop Disney, I'll make sure to watch my RMN number per month.

Question. Since RMN is 10% today, could I purchase Disney gift cards from the ShopDisney website with my Disney Rewards Redemption Card and earn 10% cashback??

I have in the past but haven't tried in a long time.

Thank you so much for this! I would never have though of it because I assumed the redemption card would be subject to "no buying gift cards with gift cards" style rules. Yesterday, I redeemed my available dollars, used an RMN click through for the gift card, and it says the earnings tracked. Yay for a 10% bonus on our Disney Visa earnings!

So, I wanted to give a big thank you to @FoxC63 @happiestpoe and all the other frequent contributors to this board! It's been a lot of fun to follow along and save a lot of money! :cheer2:

In fact, we had such a great time, that we're now planning a Universal Orlando vacation for summer 2023. I've also started playing the credit card game, so I'll have points to cover flights, tickets, and hotel stays, but was wondering if there are any similar methods for picking up Universal GCs at a discount to use for food and souvenirs in the Universal parks? Thank you all for what you do here!
Welcome back! We've been talking about you :ssst: All good!
Thank you for your kind words, we sincerely appreciate it.

Saving for Universal is a bit trickier, @sandam1 has the right idea with VV. I'll also add prepaid & variable load Visa & MC gift cards work at Universal Orlando.com For the offers, you'll have to do some calculations to see which offers are worth doing. As a reminder we also have Post #7 Universal Orlando Gift Cards & Landry's Select Club Offer to help you along the way. Again, welcome back!

The only consistent way is to buy Virtual Visas at a discount and then turn them into Universal gift cards. Personally, I also collect points with My Points and get rewarded with Virtual Visas which I use to purchase Universal cards. There have been random sightings of Universal cards at Target, but nothing widespread.
:thumbsup2

This was my first time using RMN. I purchased a $500 Shop Disney e-GC yesterday. I'm debating on purchasing another one, but I'm concerned about the GC exclusion. I know it says that it can take 45 days for the CB to show up on your account. Does it typically take that long to show up, or are they just being conservative?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter