Updated: Beth's Trip (Our last 2 days! - DHS) - post 78

Oh I know, I know!!! :banana:

I took her in because she got new glasses in August. Of course at the beginning of August she was 4 and when she was 4 her favorite color was PINK and she had to have PINK glasses, nothing else would do. Well overnight when she became 5 her favorite color changed to PURPLE.... have I told this story? Anyway, the glasses didn't fit properly. They were constantly slipping to the end of her nose and when she would turn her head the ear piece would hit her shoulder and off they would tumble. I got sick of it yesterday and in town I stopped at the glasses place.

The man in charge (veteran eyeglass maker extraordinaire) came out and said they didn't fit and we should have never been sold those glasses. I said "well, you were the one that fit her for them and sold them to us"..... I need to learn to be nicer, but what can I say... how stupid can ya be? So he goes to "fix" them and breaks them (worse than they were broken already because the ear piece broke when they bent them the day she got them). So he decides she needs new glasses and new lenses. Since they did it wrong they would replace them with equal frames. So they get out the 3 frames that fit and are equal.... ummmm YUCK. They were awful. So I said "What if we get nicer ones and I pay the difference?" "Well under medicaid law blah blah blah." I said "Medicaid can't make laws, they are only rules. You know what they say about rules" "well ok, this once" :thumbsup2

So we get ALL the ones that are able to be cut down to fit. Mind you even the toddler glasses are too big, but the sides had to be about the same all the way down they had to cut them and redo them to fit her head. What should have been done to begin with. Soooo She gets dora, sponge bob, princess, bratz, barbie, hanna montana and a bunch of other brands (adiddas, nike, etc etc) and she has to choose. Now..... what do *you* think she picked???

She got Purple PRINCESS glasses. See the hearts and Cinderella glass slippers?!

IMG_0630.jpg

And of course the adorable glasses case, which she deemed a "purse" and says instead she needs a purple glasses case ;).

IMG_0632.jpg

And one more just to show that because I haven't been up to posting my update on my personal life..... that we are all alive and able to smile ;)

IMG_0648.jpg

Beautiful Beth!

You are showing amazing grace and courage. I am so impressed.
Bless you!

-R

Wonderful pict of the 3 of you!

Thanks for the update of sorts!

Tell hte Princess that she looks GREAT in her NEW glasses!

Fabulous glasses!!!!

The photo of the three of you, is absolutely beautiful. You do know that you are teaching your children to be incredible people, yes? I surely hope so. :hug:

Purple?! No more pink??? I thought Julia's obsession with pink was permanent (well, as permanent as anything is for a kid!). She looks adorable in the new glasses, and that's a great picture of the three of you.

Thanks! I think they are pretty adorable.

So I think I am going to nickname Julia "Mrs Mouth".

We were eating dinner and my aunt drops jelly on the table. My aunt quietly says "well ship" (kinda, you know what I mean)
Julia declares *loudly* "I not allowed to say ship. Ship is a bad word and I not allow to say it, my mommie says so!"

So then we are driving home and Jared has been into jokes and tongue twisters lately. Very child friendly silly knock-knock types and some he even creates and they typically make *no* sense. Well tonight Jared is saying:
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickle peppers
How many pickle peppers did peter piper pick?

Julia repeats (trying to do the riddle)
Peter piper picked his pecker.
How many pickled peckers did peter piper pick?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Thanks! I think they are pretty adorable.

Julia repeats (trying to do the riddle)
Peter piper picked his pecker.
How many pickled peckers did peter piper pick?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

(Hand waving frantically in the air..er I mean suitcase...)Oh! Oh! I know! I know!

See? I'm behaving! The "old" Rosie would have given the answer too! :eek:

Gee! :grouphug: It's nice to be loved...but I think the "old" Rosie gave Mike a headache!

Waiting....not so patiently waiting......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter