Updated: Beth's Trip (Our last 2 days! - DHS) - post 78

Beth,

Sorry we never got to catch while we were down there...despite everything sounds like you have a pretty good time. So did we! My son as you know has down syndrome, and wasn't into many of the rides, but we still had fun. Ending up spending lots of time by the pool. Which was fine by me - they made a mean margarita! :) :thumbsup2

We're already planning our 2009 trip! So maybe we will meet up then. In the meantime, know that we're thinking of you...:grouphug:

T.

:tink:

I am lovin' the trip report. I can't wait for the next installment. I am glad you had some great times with the kiddos.

This is a great TR so far. You're kids are wicked cute and look like they're a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys had such a great day :]

Tuesday we woke up around 9. My aunt and Maryjo met us at the Buses around 10. All the cousins had opted to go back to bed. We went into MK and wandered back towards the Haunted Mansion (one of my favorites and I love starting MK days there). On the way we decide we are hungry and grab Lunch (brunch) at hmm well I have no idea where it was. It was chicken tenders and fries. Nothing spectacular, not even worth the name in fact.

Somewhere between the entrance and lunch MaryJo wandered off. She wanted to hit shops and we kept going (me, aunt, kids, Lucas). After lunch we went into Haunted Mansion! My only complaint about the accessible entrance to HM is we don't get to go into the stretch room! After Haunted Mansion I thought I should ask where the Dog walk was. Lucas didn't need to go, but I didn't want to pass it and need to double back. I knew last trip it was by space mountain. We are told its by Space Mountain... puleeze! Surely there is another one. So we go on into Small World, Peter Pan and about that time some cousins show up. We all go into see Philhar Magic. I then decide to ask a new CM about a dog walk. He says he has no idea, but he has keys.... hey, keys are good! Back behind Haunted Mansion we went. I forgot to add we saw behind The Lands the previous day. Disney has a beautiful front but behind the scenes is a dump! (Comeon CMs, you know its true)

So we hit a few more rides and by 3 MJ has called using a stranger in the smoking sections cell phone and we catchup with her. Some want to see the Parade and some don't. We all split. Of course Julia *has* to ride her 2 favorite Disney rides. I have NO idea why I drive to florida for this.... The Horsie-go-round, yes the carosel, and *drum roll please*, the teacups! Lucas has previously gone on both rides, but since we had people with an aversion to circles I left him off he teacups. I was told by some individuals over on the Dif-ability boards that its "cruel" and "mean" to take a dog on the teacups. So, he didn't have to go. He stayed with my aunt and on the ride the rest of us went. His reaction? He FLIPPED! Yes, my friends... the dog FLIPPED with Julia on the teacups and him sitting watching. I guess next time he will ide too. He didn't like not being on the ride with her *at all*. The horsie-go-round was the same situation. He did not like being left off the ride at all. He was pacing and having a little doggie hissie fit.

The say is going pretty well, right? Not much drama. Well, just wait its a comin....

We ride the rest of the rides in Fantasy Land (including the now pouting pup). After Dumbo he was back on track and ad moved beyond his unhappy time. We went ont he speedway. Julia *had* to drive. I can promise you that you have not experienced the cars until you have bounced back and forth off the track the entire way around with Julia driving when she can't see over the wheel :rolleyes:

After the speedway our snack was ice cream! Oh yes chocolate ice cream in the melting sun. It was a mess, but the kids loved it, who cares?! We did happen across a hysterical lost child at this point. I gave him my ice cream that I had not even gotten to start on... and located a few CMs to help locate his parents. He was pretty distracted by the ice cream and calmed from his hysterical state. Of course his brothers wanted his ice cream when the family was finally located.

A few headed off to Space Mountain and this is about he time I notice the foot rest of Julias Power Chair is falling off. Oh yes, falling off. She can't sit properly without her foot rest. What to do, what to do... We ride a few more things in denial, of course! Finally I see a CM with a radio (ya kno ones with radios and keys are much more helpful in my experience)... He thinks I am a total wack job when I ask him about a wrench from engineering. He tells me to sit on a bench while he sees if he can do anything. 3 or 4 minutes later, engineering with tool kit! YAAY! I love Disney! :cheer2:

It takes about 3 more minutes and lots of thanks, Julia even offered him a pin. Off we go! Laugh Floor. We are entering the holding area and Jared *HAS* to potty *RIGHT NOW*. So I ask the Cm about getting back in he tells me we can't if the doors are closed and we don't have enough time. So we ran. Yes, ran... fast. We made it back before the doors closed. :eek:

So, before the drama of the evening begins, enjoy a few photos from the day:

IMG_0140.jpg

Julia and Scott

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

This is how Julia rides Snow White. She hides her face until the last part when Snow white is getting the smooch.

IMG_0191.jpg

Aunt Peggy

IMG_0194.jpg

Cousin Andrea and her husband, Chase. They had the day of the dead wedding and got matching sugar skull tatoos instead of wedding rings

So, *he* had told me *he* would arrive "Tuesday Night". I had not really spoken with him... I wasn't in a position to really speak to him. We had reservations with Plain Ole Head and Shrek at Cali Grill @ 7:15. The "fam" had ressies at Liberty Tree @ 5something. Since *he* wasn't going to be there I decided to invite MaryJo along to Cali Grill. I knew she wold enjoy it much more than Liberty Tree... she caters, so she appreciates good food. As we are heading out of MK towards the dog walk. Again we are taken behind the scenes and given a tree with dirt around it. I am so thankful Lucas potties on command. Then as we head out to the monorail *he* calls. What time are dinner reservations? "WHAT? You need to go to Boma or Jiko. I am having dinner with my friends. You can't just decide to fy in and come to our dinner." "I came to see my son and I AM having dinner with my kids. I will see you there" :scared1:

I call and warn Plain Ol Head.... He has been kept abreast of whats unfolded. What a way to ruin an otherwise awsome meal, huh? So POH and Shrek are awsome and gracious as always! They arrive just before us and encounter *him*. Of course they have never met before *he* just tells them he is waiting on someone. So I arrive, put on my happy face, make introductions and off we go to dinner. Inside... I am LIVID, HURT, ANGRY and so many other words I am not allowed to type here. I really enjoy the view from CG and of course aside from *him* I enjoyed the company. I have never been to CG. We took in the view, Jared immediately begins being a pain when *he* arrives... so I just tell *him* to handle it (which he half does). The view of the fireworks was great! Julia was very suprised and excited! :) Overall considering the position I was put in, it was awsome! I *loved* spending time with POH and Shrek! The food was awsome! I think given the situation I handled it the best I could.

After dinner we head back to AKV. I shower the kids and get them into bed and I decide to leave *him* with the sleeping kids and take a dip in the hot tub with my cousins....

Later, I find out this is the time he takes to hack into my computer, read all my emails and all of my chat history. Convient of me to allow that, huh?

Up next..... A break day, filled with fun :)

Beth, I feel your pain! But on the other hand, your TR's crack me up!

And yes we know backstage is a mess! Jeesh, everyone has a junk room don't they? :confused3

And BTW, I'm calling the ASPCA on you for dragging Lucas all the way to Florida and not letting him ride the teacups! Geesh!;)

YAY an update. We also learned that when you travel with family, there is DRAMA (although I'm sure the drama we had wasn't as bad as the drama you had).

How neat about the fireworks....and dinner with POH and Shrek!!!!!

I love your trip report, but I have to say, we tried to warn you. *He* is a jack-***.

Catching up....

Here are the pics from the Princess Breakfast and 1 from spaceship earth. Pardon the food, I am too lazy to edit them right now. Also imagine the pic with Chase zoomed in to only include him smiling and her breasts. Thats how I handed him the camera and his face was just priceless :)

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

I hope to post more later. However, Julia is very sick and I am semi-sick. We will see how the evening unfolds...

I love that picture too......she is so darn cute. I hope you and she are feeling better Beth.. I love all the pics and am enjoying your trip report.....

We are routing for you......let us know how things are going for all of you. So difficult when children are involved. Hugs!!!

Hope you feel better soon! Have some chicken soup followed by a piece of leftover Halloween candy. It works for me! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter