upcoming Biergarten dining review :)

yaya74

DIS Veteran
A few months ago I posted on Disboard asking if Pete and his crew has ever reviewed Biergarten. I couldn't find any then. But, while I was listening to the 5/22/18 podcast, I was so excited to learn that Pete will be doing a review there in a few weeks. Perhaps it was just a coincidence or someone actually read my post. I hope the review will be published by the end of July before I leave for my trip.

Thank you Pete!

A few months ago I posted on Disboard asking if Pete and his crew has ever reviewed Biergarten. I couldn't find any then. But, while I was listening to the 5/22/18 podcast, I was so excited to learn that Pete will be doing a review there in a few weeks. Perhaps it was just a coincidence or someone actually read my post. I hope the review will be published by the end of July before I leave for my trip.

Thank you Pete!
@yaya74 - Bit early, but I'm going to take this opportunity to wish you to have a magical pixiedust: trip! Biergarten is a "must do" for me, and I love the entire Germany pavilion, so I can't wait for this review either. If I'm not too mistaken, I think you and I have "talked" here abut Biergarten before. :) I must say - I find the Team pretty daggone responsive to requests - for places, meals, and things to check out, and even how to format the show to an extent. :)

I loved hearing this ...I hope they put it up before I go away June 7th. I haven’t been there in at least 20-years. I’m taking the kids, who are adults now, I suggested Biergarten and they booked it so I’m really looking forward to it!

we've never actually eaten there - which is sort of surprising as I am German and love that type of food. I think there are just so many options in EPCOT it is hard to get to everything you want. Also, my wife doesn't eat beef or pork so I worry if there will be enough for her to eat

Plus we often go during Food and Wine Festival and will just eat at the booths

I loved hearing this ...I hope they put it up before I go away June 7th. I haven’t been there in at least 20-years. I’m taking the kids, who are adults now, I suggested Biergarten and they booked it so I’m really looking forward to it!
@GAN - Will take this opportunity to tell you to have a magical pixiedust: trip also, and please think of me when you "Hoi, hoi, HOI!!!" at Biergarten! :drinking1

we've never actually eaten there - which is sort of surprising as I am German and love that type of food. I think there are just so many options in EPCOT it is hard to get to everything you want. Also, my wife doesn't eat beef or pork so I worry if there will be enough for her to eat

Plus we often go during Food and Wine Festival and will just eat at the booths
@TheMaxRebo - Been awhile since I was there, but I do definitely remember there being chicken, and different kinds of sausages, along with all KINDS of hot sides, soups, and salads. I think Judi would find MORE than enough to come out stuffed! :)

@GAN - Will take this opportunity to tell you to have a magical pixiedust: trip also, and please think of me when you "Hoi, hoi, HOI!!!" at Biergarten! :drinking1

Thank you. I absolutely will! I have a feeling there will be a lot of hoi, hoi, hoi-ing!

I have eaten at Biergarten once.

When I say that I enjoyed the food, I will probably never go back. This restaurant immediately became a problem for me when I didn’t know that it was community style meaning you don’t have your own table. I was with a friend, and it was difficult to have a conversation with my friend when 6 other people are sitting at this “picnic” style table. I expect community style out of places like Teppan Edo, but I was unaware for Biergarten.

The best part about Biergarten for me was the music. :D Probably the only reason why I would go back if I did.

When I say that I enjoyed the food, I will probably never go back. This restaurant immediately became a problem for me when I didn’t know that it was community style meaning you don’t have your own table. I was with a friend, and it was difficult to have a conversation with my friend when 6 other people are sitting at this “picnic” style table. I expect community style out of places like Teppan Edo, but I was unaware for Biergarten.

The best part about Biergarten for me was the music. :D Probably the only reason why I would go back if I did.
Yes, I can say that your tablemates can "make or break" the fun and evening. Even when you're sitting with others that basically ignore you, that doesn't make me feel great either. But I've also had some great experiences. But - I love the food, the ambiance, and the music (as you said),. so I go in hoping for the best, 'cause I've had some awesome tablemates as well!

Last edited:

Zach ...definitely going for some music, hoping the food is good. And, well ....yeah, the beer!

I agree that table mates may make or break your experience. We go there regularly and never had a bad experience. We love the show and love the buffet.

I am sure there are folks who do not like the community seating, food and atmosphere, but we like it.

This is the only place that my husband requests we eat every trip to Walt Disney World. We enjoy the food, the beer and the entertainment. I have found that while the community seating may feel a little intimidating that the meal moves so quickly and most of the time it was pretty loud allowing just a little time for chatting with those seated with you.

I'm excited for their review too! I love Biergarten! Out of three visits, I've had two sets of amazing tablemates and one set of eh. Still thoroughly enjoyed the experience every time--ambiance is fantastic, music is great and I LOVE the food. Nudel gratin, schnitzel, rouladen, potato dumplings, salads...all of it is fantastic!

your tablemates can "make or break" the fun and evening.
Absolutely. Believe for vast majority of people it is the shock of finding out last minute that they are sharing a table with strangers. They don't understand that seating is traditional Munich-style Oktoberfest. Most Epcot guests are not inherently rude, they just don't understand what beer hall seating really means. We are so used to private family tables in North America, we rarely eat with strangers unless at school cafs or weddings.

But the entertainment can gloss over the frostiness of your table mates. I haven't enjoyed for a few years now since there are so many new dining experiences esp at Disney Springs. I remember that the food quality on the buffet was mediocre with a few things like weisswurst sausage that is a bit unique, tasty potato salad and generally forgettable desserts. It was the floor show, watching cute little ones jump up and have a dance in front of the band and esp the theming that made the venue. Also looking forward to the review.

Absolutely. Believe for vast majority of people it is the shock of finding out last minute that they are sharing a table with strangers. They don't understand that seating is traditional Munich-style Oktoberfest. Most Epcot guests are not inherently rude, they just don't understand what beer hall seating really means. We are so used to private family tables in North America, we rarely eat with strangers unless at school cafs or weddings.

But the entertainment can gloss over the frostiness of your table mates. I haven't enjoyed for a few years now since there are so many new dining experiences esp at Disney Springs. I remember that the food quality on the buffet was mediocre with a few things like weisswurst sausage that is a bit unique, tasty potato salad and generally forgettable desserts. It was the floor show, watching cute little ones jump up and have a dance in front of the band and esp the theming that made the venue. Also looking forward to the review.

Sam ...I am SO looking forward to making my table mates day!

also personalities play a role - I am rather introverted and am unlikely to start a conversation with strangers ... not because I am rude just rather I don't want to bother people who don't want me to bother them and am fearful I would be bothering them. Now if they start talking to me I am happy to respond but I am very unlikely to initiate.

I am always fascinated when this restaurant comes up. So many people put off by the shared seating. It has seems to me a wonderful way to get to know other Disney travelers. ONE meal out of many on your trip to learn about total strangers who have at least one thing in common; Disney.

We've had only one bad experience out of four or five times going. I love the food there, but our go-to sit down is now Cape May Cafe... it's just a great way to stuff your face, watch Illuminations, end your night, and go to bed on a full stomach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!