UP, UP, and Away A September 2018, 10th Anniversary TR *Completed 7/22*

Around 4:30, it was time to head to our final dinner location for the trip, Ohana. N fell asleep on the drive over.

IMG_8265.jpg

PP Cm told us all to sleep

IMG_8264.jpg

I posted this on Facebook and someone commented that it looks like we had an exhausting trip, that's the understatement of the century :rotfl: . We got leis from a wonderful greeter in the lobby.

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_8226.jpg

DH and I decided to treat our selves to a cocktail while we waited to be seated. They had a makeshift stand for drinks, since Tambu Lounge was undergoing refurbishment at the time.

IMG_8227.jpg

We got seated at a table at the window with a wonderful view of Cinderella castle.

IMG_8229.jpg

N was still asleep

IMG_8231.jpg

He actually slept through the whole meal and only woke up when dessert came out. We did get him to eat some of the kiddie food that had been brought out for the boys. We really love this meal, it’s our favorite 1 TS credit meal and always a must do for us. When we got up to leave I noticed that N must have had an accident while he was sleeping. We went off in search of some pants to buy for him. There was no where at the Poly that sold kids shorts, so we ended up buying him too big Mickey Mouse swim trunks. In all the chaos, DH had lost his backpack which had our cameras in it. He was able to find it at Ohana, he had left it under the table, this would not be the last time this happened either:sad2:. With everything sorted, we boarded the monorail for our last park of the trip, MK. We had gotten a FP for Buzz in the afternoon, so we hopped on that.

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

This boy is ready to defeat Zurg

IMG_8235.jpg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180922_413389539123.jpg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180922_413389691282.jpg

The boys saw Buzz meeting, and asked to meet him. The line wasn’t bad at all, so we got in.

C checking out Buzz’s buttons.

MK_BUZZLTYRCHAR_20180922_413389895601.jpg

N was fascinated by Buzz’s stamp.

MK_BUZZLTYRCHAR_20180922_413389895629.jpg

They’re falling with style.

IMG_8263.jpg

C had asked to ride CoP, as he’s never ridden it, and we hadn’t had time up until this point, so we decided to that next. N is typically pretty cranky after his nap, and while we had a few bright moments, he was not very pleasant this evening. He did not want to sit with us on CoP, do I have a preschooler or a teenager??

IMG_8240.jpg

We got another FP for Winnie the Pooh.

IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG-1949.jpg

HEA was about to start so we walked back to Tomorrowland and got on the Peoplemover, so we could see the show from there. N was still being cranky still and bringing everyone else down, so DH offered to take him back to the room so we could enjoy the rest of the night. I hated to split up for the night, but it wasn’t really fair to C and J to leave either, when they were having such a good time. My only stipulation was J would have to walk and not complain because I didn’t want to have to deal with the stroller at the end of the night. DH and N took the monorail back to the Poly and drove back to CBR.

IMG-1961.jpg

The boys and I headed to the Christmas store so I could pick up the Duffy storybook. N had fallen in love with Duffy on this trip and watched him every night before bed. He really wanted his own Duffy bear, but of course they don’t sell him anymore. The best I could do was the book.

IMG-1959.jpg

I was honestly having so much fun with my boys so my pictures are pretty limited. We went on Haunted Mansion next. Then we rode the carousel.

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

We then rode Buzz.

Sorry no more cage for you

IMG_8244.jpg

And then we ended the night on the Peoplemover. I actually asked to go one more time because we still had five minutes before the park closed, but the CM said no because they were already closed for the night:confused3.

IMG_8247.jpg

None of us were ready to leave just yet, so we got in the long ice cream line. C and I shared the Mickey pants kitchen sink and J got a sundae.

IMG_8249.jpg

We ate our ice cream and watched the kiss goodnight from the tables outside the Plaza.

MK_MSCASEYS_20180923_413391405808.jpg

MK_TSHOLIDAY_20180923_413391357569.jpg

We had stalled as much as we could, but it really was time to start heading out:sad:.

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

They wanted a picture with pumpkin Mickey

IMG_8255.jpg

As we were walking out they were playing the Mickey Mouse Club song and they had a blast singing and dancing to it on the way
out.

IMG_8257.jpg

Despite the hiccups, the three of us were able to turn it around and have an amazing night.

J fell asleep on the way back

IMG_8259.jpg

DH and N were already asleep so we quietly snuck in and went to bed.

Last edited:
Poor N, sleeping through dinner! I can't believe he managed to sleep in 'Ohana as I feel like that restaurant always seems so loud!

YAY, the CoP! I do love that attraction. :love: (Is there such a thing as a four-nager? :laughing: )

I love your light-up ears! Did you buy them in the park?

It's a shame you can no longer stand in "jail" with Zurg. I always thought that was a fun photo-op.

What a wonderful night with your two older boys! The Haunted Mansion, carousel, Peoplemover AND ice cream?! I also love that they were smiling and dancing all the way to the end. So much fun!

Wow, what a packed day! I love the pictures you guys seem to manage to get when someone isn't cooperating... or sleeping. Memories!!!

Your evening at MK was just perfect! I mean aside from the toddler/teen mood swings. But you'll have that. Is great that you and the older boys could get some quality time.

Loved reading about your evening with your 2 boys - sometimes the unplanned, unscripted fun times are the best. So nice of your DH to take the youngest back to the room. The sleeping picture is so cute!

Sounds like you and the 2 boys had a really nice night together! That was nice of DH to take N back!
I appreciate that we were able to allow the two well behaved boys to continue to have fun.

Glad the 3 of you were able to enjoy your night! Sorry that N was having a tough time!
I'm glad we didn't let if affect the older boy's night at least, we are used to N's moods :sad2:

Poor N, sleeping through dinner! I can't believe he managed to sleep in 'Ohana as I feel like that restaurant always seems so loud!
That kid can sleep through anything :lmao:

YAY, the CoP! I do love that attraction. :love: (Is there such a thing as a four-nager? :laughing: )
If there's isn't N has invented it

I love your light-up ears! Did you buy them in the park?
We actually got them at Target last summer when they were selling all that Mickey stuff

It's a shame you can no longer stand in "jail" with Zurg. I always thought that was a fun photo-op.
I know, I loved the cage pictures.

What a great night! ♡♡♡ I totally relate to toddler=teenager 🤣.
Does it at least mean if they act like a teenager as a toddler, we get to skip the hard teen years? 🙏

Wow, what a packed day! I love the pictures you guys seem to manage to get when someone isn't cooperating... or sleeping. Memories!!!
You say memories, I say blackmail for their teen years :rotfl2:

Your evening at MK was just perfect! I mean aside from the toddler/teen mood swings. But you'll have that. Is great that you and the older boys could get some quality time.
I really wish we could have been all together, but I did love the time spent with the kids who were actually enjoying themselves

Loved reading about your evening with your 2 boys - sometimes the unplanned, unscripted fun times are the best. So nice of your DH to take the youngest back to the room. The sleeping picture is so cute!
As much as I love planning and will always continue to plan, I do tend to find that the unscripted moments leave the lasting memories.

The worst day of the trip was upon us, departure day. DH woke up early and went to Epcot, while I cleaned up the room and packed. Since we were APs and visiting during F&W, we could pick up a cutting board. You had to go to Epcot 4 times, and this was our last chance to hit four times.
IMG-1962.jpg

IMG-1963.jpg

Cutting board acquired

IMG-1965.jpg

He stopped for one more Mickey bar before heading out

IMG-1966.jpg

Once we were all packed up we drove over to the Contemporary.

IMG-1972.jpg

Our traditional last meal every trip is at Chef Mickey’s to say goodbye to Mickey.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE-CHEFMICKEY1-20180923-413393858951.jpg

We had some time to kill before we were seated so we went to BVG and used up our last souvenir dollars and some snack credits.

We actually had a long wait, but finally we were seated.

IMG-1977.jpg

Being our last day of vacation I let them get what they wanted for brunch. Sprinkle and whipped cream Mickey waffles it is.

IMG-8275.jpg

Minnie came to our table first but N and DH were still getting food so she came back a little bit later.

IMG-1981.jpg

Then they met Goofy

IMG-8276.jpg

IMG-8283.jpg

Donald

IMG-8291.jpg

Celebration napkin spinning time

IMG-8294.jpg

N didn’t want to see Mickey so he sat with DH

IMG-8300.jpg
[/url
]

He was very excited for Pluto though

IMG-8308.jpg

IMG-8312.jpg

Because of the long wait in the beginning, we were rushing to get to the airport. Once in the car, we realized we forgot to go to the airline check in with our bags, so we still had to do then when we got to the airport:headache:. It was also then that we realized DH had forgotten the bags with our last souvenirs from BVG under the table at CM. I called the lost and found, but never got our stuff back:sad:.

Rushing wasn’t the ideal way to end out trip but we really did have an awesome time. Despite N being difficult a lot of the time, the rest of us would definitely say this was our best trip yet.

Thanks so much for following along. DH and I are about to head out on our next Disney adventure at the end of the week, so stay tuned for the next TR installment.

Reactions: DLo
Hooray for the cutting board!

I love when people have first-day or last-day traditions! I know many people don't like the restaurant, but I really look forward to trying Chef Mickey's with my family. I never thought that restaurant made sense when traveling with my sister, but traveling with a nearly two-year-old... sold! It looks like everyone had fun.

What a bummer about your souvenir bag! I hope you didn't have too many must-have purchases and it was mostly snacks. Also, I'm sorry your departure was stressful - going home is already not fun so additional stress is NOT appreciated!

I look forward to hearing all about your upcoming trip!

Sounds like a fun goodbye meal at Chef Mickey's!

Sorry that you had to rush and forgot to do airline check in at the hotel. Omg even worse leaving behind your souvenirs from that day :(

He stopped for one more Mickey bar before heading out
Because that's just what you do.
Our traditional last meal every trip is at Chef Mickey’s to say goodbye to Mickey.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE-CHEFMICKEY1-20180923-413393858951.jpg
You probably already know this, but I was shocked to see that this statue was gone! It was like... why are we even taking a photopass picture here now?
It was also then that we realized DH had forgotten the bags with our last souvenirs from BVG under the table at CM. I called the lost and found, but never got our stuff back:sad:.
Oh no!
Thanks so much for following along. DH and I are about to head out on our next Disney adventure at the end of the week, so stay tuned for the next TR installment.
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing about your adults only trip!

I love when people have first-day or last-day traditions! I know many people don't like the restaurant, but I really look forward to trying Chef Mickey's with my family. I never thought that restaurant made sense when traveling with my sister, but traveling with a nearly two-year-old... sold! It looks like everyone had fun.
We really enjoy it. The food it buffet food, but we always have good characters interactions and the kids love it.

What a bummer about your souvenir bag! I hope you didn't have too many must-have purchases and it was mostly snacks. Also, I'm sorry your departure was stressful - going home is already not fun so additional stress is NOT appreciated!
Travel days are always the worst, but this one was particularly bad.

Sorry that you had to rush and forgot to do airline check in at the hotel. Omg even worse leaving behind your souvenirs from that day :(
I called and lost and found never even bothered to call me back, it was about $75 worth of stuff, so it sucked.

Because that's just what you do.
::yes::
You probably already know this, but I was shocked to see that this statue was gone! It was like... why are we even taking a photopass picture here now?
It really annoys me. I thought they were going to refurbish the statue as it was looking a little worse for the wear in September, but seeing that it's still not back I don't think that is the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter