Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Happy Anniversary to me!!! DH unknowingly put a ring on a Disney addict. 11 years and 4 trips to Disneyland together! I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!!!!
IMAG1181.jpg

Happy Anniversary to me!!! DH unknowingly put a ring on a Disney addict. 11 years and 4 trips to Disneyland together! I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!!!!
IMAG1181.jpg

First of all, a huge congratulations, @superme80 ! You are such a nice looking couple, and I can just feel such a sense of "togetherness and relaxed comfortableness" from your picture - seriously. And your smile is awesome - as my grandmother used to say - it "reaches your eyes, which are the mirror to your soul". Thank you so much for sharing, and HUGS!!

Thank you everyone!!! Hopefully the pic shows up for everyone. I put it under google + and set it to public, so hopefully it works! So far a pretty relaxing day. I think we are going out to either a late lunch or an earlier dinner as a family. My dad took care of the boys and we got our romantic dinner last night. My husband is really an amazing man. I am so blessed!!!!

Hee hee hee - I've actually bought (and liked, although a bit too sweet for me, withe the caramel) Tofifay in the past, inspired by my love of hazelnut, and a bunch of TV commercials they did. Yes - love the Trackers! :)

Last edited:
Yes. We went to Carson City and Mono Lake for a 2 day getaway for our 9th anniversary. We literally spent most of it sleeping. So nice to not have had the kids for a few days. :lmao:

I am sure most of you have seen this video of John Crist. It is so funny. Well...I met him! He did a comedy show at a local church and DH and I got VIP tickets. He was so funny.
Had not seen or heard of him, but that was hilarious (and - sadly these days - pretty true). Thanx for sharing!

Turf toe is not fun! The thing is I did it in a parking lot while doing the good deed of returning my shopping cart to the corral. I can't imagine how long this is going to take to heal.

Turf toe is not fun! The thing is I did it in a parking lot while doing the good deed of returning my shopping cart to the corral. I can't imagine how long this is going to take to heal.
So sorry @hertamaniac - hope the pain starts to subside soon. And what's the saying - "No good deed goes unpunished?".

You sound like me - strange, adventurous things happen to me doing regular, everyday stuff, and the kind of things that never happen to anybody else I know all the time. So much so that my friends who have been around to see enough of them, gave them the name "Heidi-Ventures". Another friend who'd never experienced them pooh-pooh'd the idea, and thought were were all just being melodramatic, even though I TRIED to explain most Heidi-Ventures turn out okay in the end, it's just the torturous (and fantastical) process of getting to the end of them. Then she and I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago at a big, busy, always-crowded mall, where people circle for long periods of time looking for parking spaces, follow you to your car from the exits, etc. We got blocked in and prevented from leaving for approximately 1/2 an hour, while the 3 cars wanting our spot got into a screaming, and eventually shoving, road rage incident, fighting over the spot!! They were also taking pictures of each other and each other's license plates, posting them on social media, etc, - VERY weird, and kinda scary!! The only way we finally got out of there is me calling the local PD, who sent mall security (of course - NONE around the whole time the incident was going on, otherwise I would have flagged them down!) and a squad car for backup. When we were FINALLY above to leave, my friend turned to me with REALLY big eyes, and said "That was a Heidi-Venture, wasn't it?". I smugly said "Ayep"!!!!!!!! :) :)

Last edited:
So sorry @hertamaniac - hope the pain starts to subside soon. And what's the saying - "No good deed goes unpunished?".

You sound like me - strange, adventurous things happen to me doing regular, everyday stuff, and the kind of things that never happen to anybody else I know all the time. So much so that my friends who have been around to see enough of them, gave them the name "Heidi-Ventures". Another friend who'd never experienced them pooh-pooh'd the idea, and thought were were all just being melodramatic, even though I TRIED to explain most Heidi-Ventures turn out okay in the end, it's just the torturous (and fantastical) process of getting to the end of them. Then she and I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago at a big, busy, always-crowded mall, where people circle for long periods of time looking for parking spaces, follow you to your car from the exits, etc. We got blocked in and prevented from leaving for approximately 1/2 an hour, while the 3 cars wanting our spot got into a screaming, and eventually shoving, road rage incident, fighting over the spot!! They were also taking pictures of each other and each other's license plates, posting them on social media, etc, - VERY weird, and kinda scary!! The only way we finally got out of there is me calling the local PD, who sent mall security (of course - NONE around the whole time the incident was going on, otherwise I would have flagged them down!) and a squad car for backup. When we were FINALLY above to leave, my friend turned to me with REALLY big eyes, and said "That was a Heidi-Venture, wasn't it?". I smugly said "Ayep"!!!!!!!! :) :)

Heidi-Ventures....LOL! Was the car in reverse indicating you were trying to leave? I am not sure what I would do in that situation as road rage is extremely unpredictable/dangerous. I recall Westfield Garden State Plaza and Paramus Park malls always tested my patience many years ago when I lived in NJ.

I sort of deserved the almost complete parking lot flop as I was in my cheap ($1/pair) flip flops. I was doing yard work and did a bee-line to the grocery store. Note to self: when it rains and your flip flops have zero tread-ware, proceed with caution. :tiptoe:

Heidi-Ventures....LOL! Was the car in reverse indicating you were trying to leave? I am not sure what I would do in that situation as road rage is extremely unpredictable/dangerous. I recall Westfield Garden State Plaza and Paramus Park malls always tested my patience many years ago when I lived in NJ.

I sort of deserved the almost complete parking lot flop as I was in my cheap ($1/pair) flip flops. I was doing yard work and did a bee-line to the grocery store. Note to self: when it rains and your flip flops have zero tread-ware, proceed with caution. :tiptoe:
Yes, @hertamaniac - We had lights on, tried to back up several times, my friend (and me - with a cane!) got out several times, asking when we were going to be freed from the hostage situation. And this was at Westfield Garden State Plaza! It has gotten even bigger, more bloated, crowded, (and dangerous - especially at the holidays) since you were here, I'm SURE!

Paramus Park pales in comparison, and is actually my "go to" mall, since Bergen Towne Centere (what used to be the Bergen Mall) expanded years ago, added a bunch of stores I'll never shop at, but also a Super Target, making it extremely busy, and moving the bus stops (and grocery store) several blocks away, across several busy streets, making it extremely challenging to access for seniors, or those with mobility issues. Unfortunately, Sears at Paramus Park recently closed down, and they are building a HUGE Stew Leonard's Dairy Store there (I am familiar with the one in Bridgeport, CT. There are also several Stew's Liquors around) and also adding a movie theater. They will totally DESTROY the family-friendly, easily accessible. nicely busy but uncrowded vibe there as well, which will pretty much cut me out of mall shopping. I also love to go to PPrk to hangout/people watch/get something to eat solo, on public transportation - I will almost definitely not be doing that anymore either, once renovations/expansions are complete. :( :(

Healing light and comforting thoughts to all victims, friends, families, and anyone effected by the tragedy in Pittsburgh this morning. Seriously - what is this world COMING to? SMH. :sad2: :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!