Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Aug 13, 2016.

1. hertamaniac

hertamaniac Give me 95 degrees everyday

Not sure if they still do it up in NJ, but as a youngster we would raid the local farmers corn fields and take some ears of corn for tic-tacking. It was risky endeavor as the farmers would have their salt guns to ward off the mischievous youth. I think at most I grabbed two or three ears of corn, but I seem to recall they had already fell off the stalk. I do remember shaving the kernels and loading up for October 31st. Then we would line up certain homes for "the attack". Ah....the memories. :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Maybe in other parts of "The Garden State" than where I am (on the NJ side of the GWB), but the only corns around here are in Shop-Rite, or on people's feet! :)

Alicenwonderment and hertamaniac like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

So my office is being re-organized (the cubicals) and we found out last Wednesday that we are to have our desks boxed up by the end of this week so our cubes can be moved 2 feet forward. I learn today at lunchtime that everything should be boxed up by the C.O.B on Thursday and we are going to be located in a different area for 3 days to move back and unpack again.

This is becoming a hassle and the dust bunnies are flying around.

5. SorcererHeidi

@1Grumpy9 - Ugh! So sorry this is happening to you.l Hope it all goes smoother than you think.

6. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

It is just stupid that we have to pack it up for us to move 2 feet forward. I am thinking it is the biggest waste of time!!!!!

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  7. NC Belle

NC Belle <font color=indigo>I <font color=red>♥ <font color

Around my area, you don't dare risk doing that---good chance of being shot. Most farmland around us have ben mostly tobacco, canola, and soybeans. Cotton farming has not been as much as in the past.

hertamaniac likes this.
  8. NC Belle

We had another interesting trip to the store. DH was driving and was telling me it seems darker than usual and then says that he has been good lately (watching speed). Well, as soon as he said that he was good...flashing lights appeared. He pulled over and the officer told us that the headlight was out. He gave dh a warning and told us to get it fix asap. Well, we were like a minute away from the store and laughed at the timing.

DH had a good "first day" at work. It was more like welcome home, but not quite that yet as he is a contractor.

hertamaniac and SorcererHeidi like this.
  9. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

Not ok tonight. In less than 5 hours, my oldest will be 10!!!!!! :sad: Double digits. So not ready for this!!!

SorcererHeidi and disneysteve like this.
  10. SorcererHeidi

:bday: little guy, and :lovestruc from me, please!

superme80 likes this.
  11. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

I will. He had a pretty good birthday. He had to go to rehearsal for the dance show, so he was a little bitter about that. Everyone sang to him and he got a cupcake, so he was THRILLED about that. He got a NES Classic as a gift from us and almost cried. He has spent most of today playing it.

12. SorcererHeidi

hertamaniac and Alicenwonderment like this.
  13. Tiggerette

Tiggerette Mouseketeer

Coming to Orlando in the second week of Jan. 9- 14 (barring any family emergencies). I'm doing Epcot on Sunday Jan 13 with a tour around the world showcase. First time to Universal on Thurs Jan 10/ Fri Jan 11. Thought I'd check in in case folks are up for some meet-up shenanigans.

14. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Jan. 13th is marathon day so World Showcase may not be the easiest to navigate.

15. Tiggerette

Tiggerette Mouseketeer

Thanks so much, I agree! One of my buddies is running the marathon and it's his tradition to do the showcase afterwards. I absolutely concur it may not be the easiest of choices. Since it's his custom/ tradition of his marathon stay, I would feel awkward changing it. Thank you very much for your thoughts though; I'm grateful you'd take the time to reply. :cutie:

16. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I am running as well just wanted to make sure you knew.

Tiggerette and SorcererHeidi like this.
  17. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

Crazy ideas happen when I am in a bad mood. Whenever we have a bad night with the kids, all I want to do is go on vacation. Well I am hopefully in the planning stage of taking my family to San Diego!!!!! I have family down there that I rarely get to see. I am hoping to hit Sea World and the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Fingers crossed it gets approved by DH!!!!

NC Belle and SorcererHeidi like this.
  18. SorcererHeidi

Tell DH Sorcerer Heidi says you DESERVE it! :)

superme80 likes this.
  19. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

He wants Crater Lake? Huh? What is there to do there? Lord knows I don't do camping! So we will discuss it when he gets home from work. At least he is OPEN to going somewhere!!!! party:

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  20. NC Belle

The past couple of weeks are making us cranky. Moving did seem like a good idea...it was a lot easier to move from an apartment to a house than it is moving from house to an apartment.

I did price out WDW 2 night trips for the 2 of us, but no go until he is fully on boarded with the company benefits. I might need a solo trip when moving is complete or even getting an adult shake and maybe burger at Cowfish.

I have always wanted to go to San Diego. My Dad used to have to travel there when I was in grade school and he would talk about the sites and food.

superme80 and SorcererHeidi like this.
  21. NC Belle

Well, tell him that your idea of camping is the Grand Californian (sort got that from an old episode or 2 of Samantha Brown travel show...but, the camping came from her Wilderness Lodge episode plus maybe her Grand Californian episode too).

superme80 and SorcererHeidi like this.