Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Aug 13, 2016.

1. hertamaniac

hertamaniac Give me 95 degrees everyday

Not sure if they still do it up in NJ, but as a youngster we would raid the local farmers corn fields and take some ears of corn for tic-tacking. It was risky endeavor as the farmers would have their salt guns to ward off the mischievous youth. I think at most I grabbed two or three ears of corn, but I seem to recall they had already fell off the stalk. I do remember shaving the kernels and loading up for October 31st. Then we would line up certain homes for "the attack". Ah....the memories. :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Maybe in other parts of "The Garden State" than where I am (on the NJ side of the GWB), but the only corns around here are in Shop-Rite, or on people's feet! :)

Alicenwonderment and hertamaniac like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

So my office is being re-organized (the cubicals) and we found out last Wednesday that we are to have our desks boxed up by the end of this week so our cubes can be moved 2 feet forward. I learn today at lunchtime that everything should be boxed up by the C.O.B on Thursday and we are going to be located in a different area for 3 days to move back and unpack again.

This is becoming a hassle and the dust bunnies are flying around.

5. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

@1Grumpy9 - Ugh! So sorry this is happening to you.l Hope it all goes smoother than you think.

6. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

It is just stupid that we have to pack it up for us to move 2 feet forward. I am thinking it is the biggest waste of time!!!!!

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  7. NC Belle

NC Belle <font color=indigo>I <font color=red>♥ <font color

Around my area, you don't dare risk doing that---good chance of being shot. Most farmland around us have ben mostly tobacco, canola, and soybeans. Cotton farming has not been as much as in the past.

hertamaniac likes this.
  8. NC Belle

NC Belle <font color=indigo>I <font color=red>♥ <font color

We had another interesting trip to the store. DH was driving and was telling me it seems darker than usual and then says that he has been good lately (watching speed). Well, as soon as he said that he was good...flashing lights appeared. He pulled over and the officer told us that the headlight was out. He gave dh a warning and told us to get it fix asap. Well, we were like a minute away from the store and laughed at the timing.

DH had a good "first day" at work. It was more like welcome home, but not quite that yet as he is a contractor.

hertamaniac and SorcererHeidi like this.