Unobstructed Spaceship Earth view from Epcot resort rooms

PinkPixel

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if this room view exists from the Epcot walkable Disney resorts, Beach, Yacht, or Boardwalk?

There are no Disney resorts on the front side of Epcot so no, it's not possible to have no obstructions of any type between your room and the ball.
Any idea what the best theme park view is for Epcot? Or balance of close to International Gate and views. Thanks

What exactly are you wanting to see?
Fireworks?
Icons of the park and fireworks?
If it's just fireworks you have more options
Not many Disney resorts have views of much of the park.
I guess now that it has the lights I thought it would be a nice view option, with fireworks even better. But I realize the right angle isn't built to see both without being at a distance. We usually stay at the MK area resorts.

Maybe an upper floor room on the side of either Swan or Dolphin would be about as close as you'll get....

large_18.jpg

This was the view from our room at the Riviera. It was pretty magical. The smoke from the fireworks hides Spaceship Earth some but it was a fantastic view of the ride and clear otherwise.
Although not walkable to EPCOT but we love the Riviera for so many other reasons. 4D5F277B-CCAD-4D1A-8B58-D4A3E040EC1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, due to the low height of the Disney resorts your views of much of anything are pretty limited. We've had a good view of Epcot fireworks, all of them not in the lake that is, from our room at BWI but there were not much of anything else to see. It was one of the very last rooms. I did not snap any photos of the fireworks that night, sorry. It faces right out towards France,, to give you an idea of what direction it faces. The Eiffel Tower is right in front of the room
1660672833451.png

We've stayed at Swan Reserve and you do have a good, distanced view of Epcot. You'd have to decide which is more important, a view or being closer to the park gates. Though the walk is not bad at all. Only 2, 3 minutes walk from it to Swan/Dolphin and that's only 2, 3 more minutes to YC/BC. So maybe 5 more minutes vs a Disney resort.
BC/YC have some rooms with obstructed views. I don't have any images myself but you can explore Touring Plans Room Finder and look for some

Riveria mentioned above gives you a view but only skyliner access, which has significant limitations due to weather. Definitely something to keep in mind. For that same view you can stay at Swan Reserve and walk. Our view from Swan Reserve

1660672874676.png

I got a DVC BC room WAAAAY in the back once that had a lovely major roadway view, but you could see Spaceship Earth through the trees at night. Pretty charming, actually.

Those are the only YC/BC that have a chance. You can see on the map why.

Yeah, due to the low height of the Disney resorts your views of much of anything are pretty limited. We've had a good view of Epcot fireworks, all of them not in the lake that is, from our room at BWI but there were not much of anything else to see. It was one of the very last rooms. I did not snap any photos of the fireworks that night, sorry. It faces right out towards France,, to give you an idea of what direction it faces. The Eiffel Tower is right in front of the room
View attachment 694491

We've stayed at Swan Reserve and you do have a good, distanced view of Epcot. You'd have to decide which is more important, a view or being closer to the park gates. Though the walk is not bad at all. Only 2, 3 minutes walk from it to Swan/Dolphin and that's only 2, 3 more minutes to YC/BC. So maybe 5 more minutes vs a Disney resort.
BC/YC have some rooms with obstructed views. I don't have any images myself but you can explore Touring Plans Room Finder and look for some

Riveria mentioned above gives you a view but only skyliner access, which has significant limitations due to weather. Definitely something to keep in mind. For that same view you can stay at Swan Reserve and walk. Our view from Swan Reserve

View attachment 694492
thanks !

Resort View from the Dolphin

large_1.jpg
that's a nice view with some action! I've never looked into either of those hotels before, maybe worth looking into for an Epcot stay. Seems like a missed opportunity that Disney didn't build an Epcot hotel thats more directly themed and close to the ball.

that's a nice view with some action! I've never looked into either of those hotels before, maybe worth looking into for an Epcot stay. Seems like a missed opportunity that Disney didn't build an Epcot hotel thats more directly themed and close to the ball.
There’s a parking lot there. Plus the monorail track. No room really for a resort

And i don’t think it’s considered the same kind of attraction to look at from your room that the castle is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter