Unknown Facts about Disney movies

In Hercules, there is a scene where Herc is standing for a potrait & he is wearing "Scar's" fur.

My friend told me that the voice of Madame Leota in the crystal ball in the Haunted Mansion, is the voice of Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty.
Yep. Eleanor Audley. She also voiced Lady Tremaine in Cinderella.

Here's one. The monkey actually swears in Alladin. You have to listen for it but it is when the rocks start disappearing into the lava. I love it...luckily the kids haven't noticed. :rolleyes1
Just an urban legend.

The word "sex" clearly appears in the night sky during a scene of The Lion King. It's the scene where adult Simba walks away from Timon and Pumba, clearly upset, and flops down on the ground, and it kicks up dust.
It doesn't spell out "sex" -- but it does spells out "SFX" (for Special Visual Effects, the unit that animated that sequence). They thought they were being cute and didn't realize the controversy that would be created.

Here's some Toy Story 2 trivia: In the opening of Toy Story 2, Buzz is flying through an alien landscape on his way to infiltrate Zurg's fortress. That landscape is actually a redressed Ant Island from "it's a bug's life". The tree that was on Ant Island also appears in Toy Story 2 in the flashback scene with Jesse. And the toy repairman in TS2 is actually Geri from the Pixar short film "Geri's Game".

In tha last song of High School Musical 2 where they are singing at the pool, Miley Cyrus is in the crowd singing and dancing.

A little different from previous posts, but HSM2 is still Disney.

In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background

Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.I

I remember seeing this in my 6th grade class :lmao: :lmao:
I won't go into details but I am 36 and it still haunts me ;)
All I could think of while watching this class film was ...but but but this is DISNEY :rotfl: :hippie:

In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background

Ithought I saw this and then thought I must be nuts for imagining such a thing!

Great thread. I love this sort of stuff. I figure, I should start from the beginning, so here are some fun facts from Snow White -

- Some of the people involved in Snow White thought the name Dopey was too modern for the classic fairy tale, and felt the characters name should be changed. Walt Disney managed to change their minds by convincing them all that Shakespeare had once used the word in one of his plays. Of course, no reference to this word has ever been found in any of his works.

- To give Snow White a more natural look, some of the ink and paint artists started applying their own rouge on her cheeks. When Walt Disney asked one how they would apply the rouge correctly for each cell, she responded, "What do you think we've been doing all our lives?"

- When the film premiered at New York's Radio City Music Hall, all the velvet upholstery on the seats needed to be changed after the first engagement was over. It seems that the sequence when Snow White gets lost in the forest was so frightening to the young viewers, that many of them wet their pants during the film.

So, there's a few for now. More to come. There are plenty of films to cover here...

Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl was the first PG-13 movie released under the Walt Disney Pictures label. Previously all movies that Disney produced that weren't G or PG were under the Touchstone label

IN POTC " Curse of Black pearl, When Will wakes up after being knocked out, he looks out into the port and you can see the same girl who played the young Elizabeth sweeping at a doorway

In POTC, The names of the three main characters are all linked to birds. Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann and William Turner, who was a famous ornithologist

Peter Pan had two notable "lasts":
1) This was the final Disney film in which all nine members of the Nine Old Men worked together on it as directing animators.
2) It was the last full-length Disney animated film distributed by RKO. All of Disney's films after early 1954 would be distributed by Buena Vista, as well as all of the post-1954 re-releases of his earlier films.

This is a great thread

Prince Eric from Little Mermaid and The Prince in Cinderella 2 and 3 are all voiced by the same guy, Christopher Daniel Barnes

ok these are mine...

The Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story is in every pixar film, although sometimes hard to find.

The man who voiced Roger in 101 dalmations also voiced Grimsby in the Little Mermaid.

In Beauty and the beast, the woman who voiced Ariel in Little Mermaid plays the 3 blonde girls.

I know I have more, I'll just have to do some more digging.

In tha last song of High School Musical 2 where they are singing at the pool, Miley Cyrus is in the crowd singing and dancing.

A little different from previous posts, but HSM2 is still Disney.

My 6yo and 4yo daughters first noticed this and pointed it out to me! I think I'm the only 36yo Dad who has seen HSM and HSM2 more than 10 times each as well as the only one who can name all the characters in the movies as well as in the Hannah Montanna TV show!! :happytv: :banana: :rotfl2:

I only discovered this because my DD8 has taken to asking about the actors in every single movie we see, but:

The voice of Jim Crow (!) in Dumbo (he sings "If I See an Elephant Fly") is the same man who was Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio (and a number of the TV shows), Cliff "Ukulele Ike" Edwards.

That's the most difficult thing I've ever posted, because I can't spell "Ukulele", "Jiminy", or "Pinocchio". :rotfl:

There is a Belle doll on the shelf in the little girls bedroom in Enchanted.

I'm hoping when the DVD comes out for Enchanted, that there's a "Find The References" feature. There are probably dozens of references to other Disney movies (they eat at the Bella Notte cafe, for example). There's a list in the Wikipedia article on the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter