• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unknown Facts about Disney movies

Scott Weinger who does the voice of Aladdin also played Steve (DJ's Boyfriend) in Full House.
In The Full House episode where they go to WDW you can see Steve dressed as Aladdin.

When Gaston falls from the castle if you freeze frame while he's falling you can see that they put a skull and crossbones in his each of his eyes. You can only see this for about a second so you have to watch closely. I learned that from the DVD commentary.

Jodi Benson? IMDB claims Mary Kay Bergman and Kath Soucie voiced the Bimbettes.

However... 5'2" 92 lb. actress Sherri Stoner served as the live-action model for both Belle and Ariel. Some of her mannerisms -- brushing aside her hair and biting her lip -- even wound up being worked into the animation. Ms. Stoner would later go on to work at Warner on Animaniacs and Tiny Toon adventures as a writer, producer, and voice talent (she voiced Slappy Squirrel).

I seem to recall that Alyssa Milano was also a physical facial inspiration for Ariel. Anyone?

I'm enjoying this thread!

This is not very interesting, but DalmatiAn is spelled with an "a" towards the end, not an "o". :) :)

In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background

LOL when i first heard her speak in Enchanted i kept saying to myself..i know this voice, who the heck is that...then when the music was playing while Giselle was looking in the fish tank it clicked and i got all excited and said..very loudly...Thats is the Little Mermaid, thats her!! My dh was embarassed, but my DD's thought it was col and so did the little girls in front of us..:rotfl:

I just found this on a website, so I don't know if it is correct or not:

In "The Little Mermaid", at the beginning of when King Triton swoops down over the crowd, after he passes across the screen, below him and to his left Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy can be seen sitting in the crowd.

In Enchanted, (there are a lot of things in that movie,) the bus driver's hair is supposed to look like Mickey ears.

Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl was the first PG-13 movie released under the Walt Disney Pictures label. Previously all movies that Disney produced that weren't G or PG were under the Touchstone label

"The Black Hole" was the first ever PG movie produced by Disney.

It Starred- Anthony Perkins, Robert Forrester, Roddy McDowell & Slim Pickens

A great Space thriller!

And I believe the inspiration for the movie "Alien"
th_alien.gif
came from some of those Earnest Borgnine close-ups:scared1:
th_filmithdet018.jpg

Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.I read these facts on another website that deals with urban legends.

I actually have a copy of this. It's not as strange as it sounds, just more or less a typical health film that Disney produced back in the day. In fact, the strangest thing about it might be its opening title cards:

NDVD_001.jpg

NDVD_002.jpg

I actually have a copy of this. It's not as strange as it sounds, just more or less a typical health film that Disney produced back in the day. In fact, the strangest thing about it might be its opening title cards:

NDVD_002.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rotfl: (I am restraining myself from commenting any further. It ain't easy, though! :laughing:)

Here's mine (this may or may not be unknown):

In Robin Hood, the University of Southern California's fight song, "Fight On", is briefly played during the "football" scene after the archery contest. (Go Trojans!!!! :cheer2:) The fight song of the University of Wisconsin, "On Wisconsin", is also played during this scene.

In Aladdin, when Genie is packing at the end of the movie, he puts on a Goofy hat.

In Santa Clause 2, when Scott and the robot Santa are fighting in the sleigh, Tim Allen says, "You are a sad strange little man" (just like he did as Buzz in Toy Story)

In the original Sleeping Beauty, Melificant says "All the powers of Hell", but in the newer version she says "All the powers of Evil"

I just found this on a website, so I don't know if it is correct or not:

In "The Little Mermaid", at the beginning of when King Triton swoops down over the crowd, after he passes across the screen, below him and to his left Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy can be seen sitting in the crowd.

This is absolutely true.

The 3 famous characters (all dressed in their tradtional outfits) are there in the midst of a crowd of mer-people.

If you have the DVD, you can pause it at the right spot and "step through" the frames, one-at-a-time, to clearly see them.

When Cinderella is singing "Sing, sweet nightengale", three bubbles form the head and ears of Mickey Mouse.

All but five minutes of "Song of the South" contains music.

When "Splash Mountain" opened in Disneyland in the '90's, the local NAACP and others protested the ride.

Seeing as how the NAACP has stated publically that they have no plans to protest a possible DVD release of Song of the South, I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on this one.

Yeah, I can't find anything online that supports this claim. Not to mention that DL's Splash Mountain opened on July 17, 1989. Not the 90's. ;)

I think your Mulan reference is wrong, the gal who played Mulan was from E.R.- I dont know her name, but I know it isnt Lea. Anyone else know?

Her name is Ming Na', I believe. But I didn't think she was the singing voice, just the speaking voice. The pp has the actress who did the singing correct, I believe.

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a short movie with Walter Conkite (sp?) and Robin Williams at the "Art of Animation" tour at MGM Studios. In this short film, Walter is doing a "man on the street" report in WDW, and Robin is a guest in the park taking pictures. Robin is then changed into a animated Lost Boy from Peter pan. I think that Robin is wearing the same outfit that Genie changes into when he becomes free, at the end of Aliddin.

Anyone else remember this film??

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a short movie with Walter Conkite (sp?) and Robin Williams at the "Art of Animation" tour at MGM Studios. In this short film, Walter is doing a "man on the street" report in WDW, and Robin is a guest in the park taking pictures. Robin is then changed into a animated Lost Boy from Peter pan. I think that Robin is wearing the same outfit that Genie changes into when he becomes free, at the end of Aliddin.

Anyone else remember this film??

YES!!! I miss it so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter