Unknown Facts about Disney movies

This might not be a big secret, but here it comes anyway: The wizard Yensid the Sorcerer from Fantasia 2000 is Disney spelled backwards.

In tha last song of High School Musical 2 where they are singing at the pool, Miley Cyrus is in the crowd singing and dancing.

A little different from previous posts, but HSM2 is still Disney.
IIRC, the Disney Channel hosted a poll last year where viewers could vote on certain elements of HSM2. One of the polling questions was "Which Hannah Montanna star would you like to see have a cameo in the film?" Not surprisingly, Miley Cyrus won.

In Beauty and the beast, the woman who voiced Ariel in Little Mermaid plays the 3 blonde girls.
Jodi Benson? IMDB claims Mary Kay Bergman and Kath Soucie voiced the Bimbettes.

However... 5'2" 92 lb. actress Sherri Stoner served as the live-action model for both Belle and Ariel. Some of her mannerisms -- brushing aside her hair and biting her lip -- even wound up being worked into the animation. Ms. Stoner would later go on to work at Warner on Animaniacs and Tiny Toon adventures as a writer, producer, and voice talent (she voiced Slappy Squirrel).

Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl was the first PG-13 movie released under the Walt Disney Pictures label. Previously all movies that Disney produced that weren't G or PG were under the Touchstone label
The Black Hole (1979) was the first Disney film to get a PG rating.

Prince Eric from Little Mermaid and The Prince in Cinderella 2 and 3 are all voiced by the same guy, Christopher Daniel Barnes
Christopher Daniel "C.D." Barnes also voiced Spider-Man in the popular 1990s animated series of the same name and played Greg Brady in Paramount's popular "Brady Bunch" films.

The voice of Merriweather in Sleeping Beauty is the voice of Lady in Lady and the Tramp, also the voice of Aunt Sarah in Lady and the Tramp is the voice of the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella.

Also Jodi Benson, (the voice of Ariel,) Paige O'Hara, (the voice of Belle,) and Judy Kuhn, (the voice of Pocahontas,) all made cameos in Enchanted.

In The Hunchback of Notre Dame
During the song Out there when they show the courtyard
the Lion King's Pumbaa is being carried by two men with a pole, and a street merchant is shaking out the flying carpet from Aladdin.
Belle also appears during that song.

One of the bugs Timon pulls out of the log during "Hakuna Matata" is wearing Mickey Ears.

Also, James Earl Jones (Mufasa) and Madge Sinclair (Sarabi) both played an African King & Queen in the Eddie Murphy film "Coming to America".

Here is a few from my favorite Disney animated movie, Aladdin:

John Candy, Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy were all considered at one point to provide the voice of the Genie.

In the original folktale, Aladdin is actually Chinese

Whenever Aladdin tells a lie, the plume on his hat falls and covers his face

When Aladdin asks Genie if he can make him into a prince, and Genie consults his "cookbook", one of the things he pulls out of the book is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid

Lea Salonga, who is the voice of Mulan is also the signing voice for Jasmine.

In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background

Ya! I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that. Her name I think is Jodie Benson... Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Speaking of Eddie Murphy...

In "The Haunted Mansion", the first words spoken are "Welcome, Foolish Mortals!" This line of dialogue was not taken from the venerable attraction, but was spoken by actor Corey Burton, who also voices the Ghost Host during "Happy HalloWishes" and "The Haunted Mansion Holiday".

The chairs used in the Dining Room scene in "The Haunted Mansion" were used for the final scene in Disney's re-imagineered Pirates of the Caribbean attraction (it's the chair Jack Sparrow is reclining on while he hoists a goblet of rum).

The Pipe Organ in the Mansion's ballroom in Disneyland was used in the 1955 classic Disney film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". The organ at WDW's mansion is an exact replica created by MAPO (Disney's Manufacturing And Production Offices).

"Blackbeard's Ghost" was the film in production when Walt Disney died. The spellbook in Madame Leota's Seance Room displays a spell used in that film ("A spell to bring to your eyes and ears one who is bound in Limbo," followed by Kree Kruh Vergo Gebba Kalto Kree).

Fun thread!!! I could use this during busy season (tax) when NO ONE on the PLANET has a sense of humor!!!:lmao:

IIRC, the Disney Channel hosted a poll last year where viewers could vote on certain elements of HSM2. One of the polling questions was "Which Hannah Montanna star would you like to see have a cameo in the film?" Not surprisingly, Miley Cyrus won.

I wonder whose poster will appear in the new Cheetah Girls movie?

If any of you have watched "Step by Step". the friend of one of the older brother falls in love with Dana, the oldest sister, he is the voice of MAX on the "Goofy Movie."

The actor that plays Marcias husband on the Very Brady Christmas is the very popular voice of "Now coming to Disney DVD.." and the voice of the Disney Movie Club.

Amy Adams from Enchanted was Jim's girlfriend for a couple of episodes of Season 2 of the OFFICE.

I will think of more...

Here is a few from my favorite Disney animated movie, Aladdin:

John Candy, Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy were all considered at one point to provide the voice of the Genie.

In the original folktale, Aladdin is actually Chinese

Whenever Aladdin tells a lie, the plume on his hat falls and covers his face

When Aladdin asks Genie if he can make him into a prince, and Genie consults his "cookbook", one of the things he pulls out of the book is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid

Lea Salonga, who is the voice of Mulan is also the signing voice for Jasmine.

I think your Mulan reference is wrong, the gal who played Mulan was from E.R.- I dont know her name, but I know it isnt Lea. Anyone else know?

All of these come from the trivia pages of imdb.com:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

- "According to the DVD commentaries, Geoffrey Rush has a theory that people watch the screen from left to right, just like when they read a book. Therefore, he tried to be in the left side of the screen as often as possible. He was particularly intent on doing this in the scenes with the monkey and Keira Knightley because he didn't think anyone would look at him otherwise."

- "The substance sprayed on William Turner after the sword fight between him and Captain Jack Sparrow is actually powdered chocolate."

- "Johnny Depp wore contact lenses which served as sunglasses so he wouldn't be squinting in the sun all the time."

Beauty and the Beast

- "Art director Brian McEntee color keyed Belle so that she is the only person in her town who wears blue. This is symbolic of how different she is from everyone else around. Later, she encounters the Beast, another misfit, also wearing blue."

- "Chip is the only object in the movie to mention Belle by her name. All of the other objects refer to her as 'mademoiselle,' 'she,' 'her,' 'the girl,' etc."

- "Angela Lansbury, the voice of Mrs. Potts, thought that another character would be better suited to sing the ballad 'Beauty and the Beast.' The director asked her to make at least one recording to have for a back up if nothing else worked, and that one recording ended up in the film."

- "Robby Benson's voice was altered by the growls of real panthers and lions so that it is virtually unrecognizable. This is why near the end when the Beast transforms into the prince his voice changes. His voice is also not changed on the original motion picture soundtrack."

I think your Mulan reference is wrong, the gal who played Mulan was from E.R.- I dont know her name, but I know it isnt Lea. Anyone else know?

You're both right. Ming-Na, who played Dr. Jing-Mei Chen on ER, was the speaking voice for Mulan. Lea Salonga provided the singing voices for both Mulan and Jasmine (whose speaking voice was provided by Linda Larkin).

You're both right. Ming-Na, who played Dr. Jing-Mei Chen on ER, was the speaking voice for Mulan. Lea Salonga provided the singing voices for both Mulan and Jasmine (whose speaking voice was provided by Linda Larkin).

Thanks Brian!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphnjamie
Here's one. The monkey actually swears in Alladin. You have to listen for it but it is when the rocks start disappearing into the lava. I love it...luckily the kids haven't noticed.

Just an urban legend

NOT an Urban Legend. It is there. It may not have been intended..but it's there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter