Universal's Holiday line-up returning this year!

I saw it on Rix Flix after you posted too. Saw it on another website today when I did a Google search.
yeah - so on the Behind the Scenes tour the guide was talking about how quickly they take the houses down to get ready for Christmas and that they were already staging some of the stuff etc.. then mentioned this change and specifically about the seats being much better

Would love to know what times the Macys Parade usually runs so can plan to spend at least one evening in each park. How long is the Grinch show, 30 minutes?

I did some research on this yesterday since I was trying to plan out my day.

The most recent year for this was 2019, and this years times aren't announced yet, so this is just speculation... but for reference in 2019,

Macys parade started at 5:30 (only one show per day) videos have about a 25 min runtime, so if you watch it from where it starts, 5:30-6 should do it.

Grinch had lots of showtimes per day. shows began at 11:30 most days (earlier during xmas week) and almost 30 min runtime, so my plan is to get in line at 10:45, watch the show from 11:30-12.

Of course they could completely change it up this year!

Yeah there is already a gate so can can lock it off and the open the gate to UO - but that wont work.
Must be a back way in that they can use from Suess landing - that is where they open the gate to pass over to UO when it is really busy or they have an after hours event like Orlando Informer.

Rix Flix also mentioned this same rumor so unless he got it from me it sounds legit
I've never been to the park when that path between the parks was open, but looking at a Google Map, it's not hard to imagine they could open the gate by Circus McGurkus. That might be where you went for the show in the 'old' theater, too??

From there, just follow the Production Plaza road to Minion Way.

On the City Walk side, they could easily block off the walkway that's to the right of Hard Rock.

yeah - so on the Behind the Scenes tour the guide was talking about how quickly they take the houses down to get ready for Christmas and that they were already staging some of the stuff etc.. then mentioned this change and specifically about the seats being much better

I hear a few people say better (more comfy) seats... but are there more seats? It would be nice to not have to line up so early if there is more capacity.

How early do you have to line up for the Grinch show? Super excited to experience Universal decked out for the holidays for the first time!

When we have been during Thanksgiving weekend, shows were filling up pretty quickly. I would check about an hour before to see how full it looks. If it's not full, then try 45 minutes and then 30. If it is in a bigger theater, this could help capacity.

Is there Express seating for the Grinch show?

I don't think so.

I hear a few people say better (more comfy) seats... but are there more seats? It would be nice to not have to line up so early if there is more capacity.

The previous theater was pretty tiny. I haven't seen BMG, but I imagine the theater is much bigger.

I've never been to the park when that path between the parks was open, but looking at a Google Map, it's not hard to imagine they could open the gate by Circus McGurkus. That might be where you went for the show in the 'old' theater, too??

From there, just follow the Production Plaza road to Minion Way.

On the City Walk side, they could easily block off the walkway that's to the right of Hard Rock.

Yes. Exactly this. During the summer when the parks got to capacity, they would use that path/link between the parks. And as you describe, I quickly drew up below what they could do. The double lines is where they block off entry from USF or Citywalk. Arrow is the path from Suess Landing

We are officially 11 days from the first official day of holidays and I still haven't seen any time info... only new thing I found was that AP can get special parade viewing area, check in is at Mel's and limited but doesnt say times or detail yet. We fly out a week from tomorrow and I am itching to plan better

Does anyone know if they will do technical rehersal of the parade and other holiday events, I'll be there on the 11th and part of the 12th. I would be so happy to see a technical rehersal of the parade at least this year.

How soon do they take down the Christmas decorations? I am toying with the weekend after New Year, and having holiday decor might be the push I need to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter