Universal's 3rd theme park (Universal and WB close to a deal)

I think that Universal should totally refurbish Shrek or replace it with Secret Life of Pets. I can see the logic in keeping Shrek but Pets would fit really well with Shrek and Despicable Me. I can't see where it would fit as well at IOA.

I wonder though if that would still be the case given that Shrek 5 is coming out in 2019..maybe they would update their attraction with new Shrek material.

I'm not saying they still wouldn't replace Shrek with Secret Life of Pets but given that DreamWorks just announced a sequel for an attraction already existing it would kinda be a little silly at least in my mind. They appearantly still care enough about Shrek to have another sequel.

I think they feel like they can actually make more money off of the franchise if it's in the new park. The current ride is so bad and so similar to Despicable Me that it would need a complete overhaul. Plus Shrek fits more with the other Dreamworks attractions in a Dreamland section.

Pets on the otherhand is supposed be vastly different from Despicable Me w/ animatronics and ride vehicles. So it will be a welcome addition to Studio. Besides these parks need some nonscreen rides, right now there is way too many of them.

I think they feel like they can actually make more money off of the franchise if it's in the new park. The current ride is so bad and so similar to Despicable Me that it would need a complete overhaul. Plus Shrek fits more with the other Dreamworks attractions in a Dreamland section.

Pets on the otherhand is supposed be vastly different from Despicable Me w/ animatronics and ride vehicles. So it will be a welcome addition to Studio. Besides these parks need some nonscreen rides, right now there is way too many of them.
I don't disagree with you if Shrek 5 hadn't just been announced I wouldn't even be talking about Shrek in the parks.

I think that Universal should totally refurbish Shrek or replace it with Secret Life of Pets. I can see the logic in keeping Shrek but Pets would fit really well with Shrek and Despicable Me. I can't see where it would fit as well at IOA.

If I was betting money, I'd take the odds on that theater space in Toon Lagoon. Probably.

If they could turn back time, they would like to put it in/near the NY area of Studios. But it's too late for that.

Last edited:
If I was betting money, I'd take the odds on that theater space in Toon Lagoon. Probably.

If they could turn back time, they would like to put it in/near the NY area of Studios. But it's too late for that.
I heard the Amphitheater rumor too but I heard no as well. I don't see why not New York still, there probably still is some room there

Secret Life of Pets has a couple different spots it might go. I would look more at IOA, as Studio still has Fallon and F&F going.

The rest of these rumors are....pretty unbelievable.

I agree, the amphitheater seems like a good spot. Right now it is just a waste of space, it feels like they only use for not so special events that no one cares about. It's kinda like Universal's version of the Wonders of Life Pavillion.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Universal will be doing a free dining offer once the new park opens. They will also have free transportaion from the airport via a train. Which is being made right now, along with the tracks. It will connect vacationers to not only Universal, but International Drive as well.

I'm hearing that Universal will be doing a free dining offer once the new park opens. They will also have free transportaion from the airport via a train. Which is being made right now, along with the tracks. It will connect vacationers to not only Universal, but International Drive as well.
Free dining? They are planning discounts before a park is even started? That just makes no sense. Why would you plan a discount when you're opening a brand new park?

Free dining? They are planning discounts before a park is even started? That just makes no sense. Why would you plan a discount when you're opening a brand new park?
I haven't heard anything about free dining but they are offering some pretty good discounts at the new resort and the transportation is definitely a thing that's happening. Or at least they're making offers to people that visit them often.

I haven't heard anything about free dining but they are offering some pretty good discounts at the new resort and the transportation is definitely a thing that's happening. Or at least they're making offers to people that visit them often.
I can't see them doing a free dining offer though. Disney even hates doing that discount why would Universal do that to themselves.

I can't see them doing a free dining offer though. Disney even hates doing that discount why would Universal do that to themselves.
Maybe it's some kind of special deal for some people? I don't know but if I actually see anything I'll be all over it.

you didnt state it correctly. if they are negotiationg for hannah barbara they are negotiating with turner people not WB. yes time warner communications owns cartoon network but turner owns hanna barbara library again Time Warner is different from WB. Time warner is the parent company and it would be lots of fun to see those characters at universal again remember they were the first characters in what is now minions.

I think that Universal just wants get people in their resorts and parks. This way people are taking Universal vacations rather than Disney and Universal vacations.

They are saying that they want to finish the new park by late 2018, though I don't know how that's possible. Perhaps they want to finish it quickly because of Star Wars Land.

I think that Universal just wants get people in their resorts and parks. This way people are taking Universal vacations rather than Disney and Universal vacations.

They are saying that they want to finish the new park by late 2018, though I don't know how that's possible. Perhaps they want to finish it quickly because of Star Wars Land.
There is no way they get a new park done by late 2018 when they haven't even started construction yet. From what I've heard we won't see universal open a new park until 2021 at the earliest.

Here's another dart: I was looking at Universal's soundstages and while it might not be big enough Stage 33 (the soundstage immediately to the left of the New York backdrop) is still in the New York area if they want to do pets there

Yes they have properties and just got another with the secret life of pets hit. Universal doesn't need DC or looney toons. Looney toons isn't even very popular with today's generation of kids.

I was going to say the same, kids don't watch looney tunes now. Too much violence and slapstick for parents in my generation.

Many people still love the Looney Tunes, myself included. They're comparable to many of the classics Disney Characters. That's like saying people won't go to Magic Kingdom because Mickey was created in 1928. It's just untrue.

Plus I think that the new Space Jam will change many kids perspectives on Looney Tunes.

Last edited:
New info

I don't like Pokemon at all, but I've been told because of its recent popularity that it will also be in the new park. It will be apart of the Nintendo section of the park. Yuck.

Many people still love the Looney Tunes, myself included. They're comparble to many of the classics Disney Characters. That's like saying people won't go to Magic Kingdom because Mickey was created in 1928. It's just untrue.

Plus I think that the new Space Jam will change many kids perspectives on Looney Tunes.

I'm not talking about adults. I'm talking about little kids. No parents I know let their kids watch looney tunes because of the outright violence.

Mickey doesn't shoot Pete in the face with a shotgun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter