Universal's 3rd theme park (Universal and WB close to a deal)

I mean I have no facts or sources only my opinion on this rumor but, right now I couldn't see them letting go of Marvel. I'm sure both sides right now (Disney and Uni) are content with the arrangements. However some day after all these new changes (I'm talking like 2030 or 2040 far) I could see Universal letting go of Marvel back to Disney (for a pretty penny of course:P) and getting DC. Especially if DC continues to grow and become a closer competitor for Marvel. That way Universal wouldn't have to answer to Disney and have a new weapon to attack them with but, for now I think we're sticking with IOA in Uni and just GOTG in Epcot.

This post might not belong in here, but how awesome would it be if Universal got the rights for Spaceball's, the ride and put it in the new park to compete with Disney's SW Land? I would absolutely love that. Then maybe we could finally got Spaceballs, the toilet paper and all that other great merchandise.
They better sell the flamethrower or I'm out! The kids love that thing so I don't see why not

I've been hearing that Universal needs more licensed properties for their new park and is close to a deal with WB to get them. For some reason Universal has no problem with Six Flags being able to use the properties as well. Perhaps because they don't currently have one in Florida. Universal in the agreement wouldn't be able to use the characters outside the states or in California. The deal would include being able to to use the following characters in the new Universal park in their respective lands.

D.C. Land - Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash
Looney Tunes - Bugs, Daffy, Road Runner, Tweety
Hanna Barbera - Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear

Plus they already own two other major properties

DreamWorks - Shrek, Panda, How to train your Dragon and Madagascar
Nintendo - Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pokemon

Back in the 90's, they had a Hannah Barbera ride that was pretty fun. If I remember correctly, it was sort of similar to the old Back to the Future ride, but you sat in character vehicles.

Back in the 90's, they had a Hannah Barbera ride that was pretty fun. If I remember correctly, it was sort of similar to the old Back to the Future ride, but you sat in character vehicles.

Yeah, it was pretty fun. I was just looking at that ride on youtube the other day. I remember going on it when I was just a lad. Hanna Barbera was replaced by Jimmy Neutron and then eventually Despicable Me.

It was good, but Jaws, Back to the Future and King Kong were my favorites though. Earthquake, which later became Disaster was boring, so good riddens to that. As you can see Universal is not sentimental to any of their attractions in their parks.

Last edited:
Not to mention the threat of Spielberg pulling out of Universals parks if they close it

They have been talking to Spielberg about a Great Movie-like ride. It would show different movies throughout Universals existence like Jaws, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters.

They have been talking to Spielberg about a Great Movie-like ride. It would show different movies throughout Universals existence like Jaws, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters.
Ghostbusters isn't a Universal movie though. I wonder how many screens this ride will have

Ghostbusters isn't a Universal movie though. I wonder how many screens this ride will have

From what I've heard it's going to be like Spiderman. The rider will feel like they are riding behind the Delorean one moment and in the Orca the next. This will also probably mean the end of the E.T. ride because it will one of the movies showcased.

From what I've heard it's going to be like Spiderman. The rider will feel like they are riding behind the Delorean one moment and in the Orca the next. This will also probably mean the end of the E.T. ride because it will one of the movies showcased.
Then a ton of screens

Then a ton of screens

Yep, it looks like it. It sounds like this ride could be memorial ride for all the attractions that Uni ditched. I think the now defunct Twister and Earthquake were both lousy attractions (and movies), but they would fit perfectly within this one. At least it would make sense why they're so short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter