*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find it? The title of the email is, "Dis Family Reunion Confirming Tickets For NEW September Date"

I too did not get the email, but I'm wondering if that is because I just bought tickets for the event once it was moved to September. By the title of the email, it looks like it was for those people who booked for the first event.

Adding to the list of ideas for gathering:
Group line wait for the Disney Character Warehouse (Outlet Shopping). Would require a car/taxi to get to since it's off property. I hear that you need to get there early and wait awhile, but that could be a lot of fun to wait in line. Maybe play some trivia, do some sing-alongs.... whatever seems good to pass the time together.

Also, not to be downer or inadvertently trigger someone, but just being real: I have to move by 09/01 and my Mom was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 / metastasized cancer & significant heart failure issues. Since it's hard for me to say whether I'll be able to be present, I'd prefer to co-host any unofficial activities that might need me to host. (Not that there's any activities that need me, my ego still fits in my stormtrooper bucket, but last DIS Reunion I hosted a pre-Pandora gathering and a POR Yee-ha Bob meet-up. I don't feel comfortable doing that this time around considering the move and whether Mom's health will require in-person care at that time.) Again, my apologies for being a downer, but I wanted to be real about what I'm able to commit to doing while we continue to ponder our time together.
Super hugs! :cutie:

Adding to the list of ideas for gathering:
Group line wait for the Disney Character Warehouse (Outlet Shopping). Would require a car/taxi to get to since it's off property. I hear that you need to get there early and wait awhile, but that could be a lot of fun to wait in line. Maybe play some trivia, do some sing-alongs.... whatever seems good to pass the time together.

Also, not to be downer or inadvertently trigger someone, but just being real: I have to move by 09/01 and my Mom was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 / metastasized cancer & significant heart failure issues. Since it's hard for me to say whether I'll be able to be present, I'd prefer to co-host any unofficial activities that might need me to host. (Not that there's any activities that need me, my ego still fits in my stormtrooper bucket, but last DIS Reunion I hosted a pre-Pandora gathering and a POR Yee-ha Bob meet-up. I don't feel comfortable doing that this time around considering the move and whether Mom's health will require in-person care at that time.) Again, my apologies for being a downer, but I wanted to be real about what I'm able to commit to doing while we continue to ponder our time together.
Super hugs! :cutie:

Sending you and your mum some virtual love and support.

This must be so hard to deal and at any time is difficult, but in all this crazy it cannot be easy.

Also think with all the stuff going on probably a good idea for any unofficial event to have a couple of hosts, just in case people have to change plan at the last minute.

I'm no longer staying at POP, unless I change my mind again, I am staying offsite with another DISer. My AC went out so I need to figure out how to go on the cheap or not go at all. I still want to do as many unofficial activities as possible.

I'm no longer staying at POP, unless I change my mind again, I am staying offsite with another DISer. My AC went out so I need to figure out how to go on the cheap or not go at all. I still want to do as many unofficial activities as possible.
Thanx Pam. We may need to be flexible about the pool gathering, if pool hopping isn't allowed and off-site guests aren't allowed. I think MaxRebo is also off-site, if I recall. I'm awaiting a number of logistical questions about the SW:GE (sat night) event. I'm a teeny bit concerned about the "full ride experience" for RotR, since I've never done it and have stayed Spoiler-Free so far! :O Really the whole reason I'd go during Primo-Hurricane Season is to see all y'all and the SW:GE to ride RotR. :) Hugs!

At the risk of spamming this thread, I thought it would be helpful to know that there will be complimentary transportation from / to Contemporary for the SW:GE event. Unlike the Pandora event (organized by Dreams), the shuttle is only going back to the Contemporary. The complimentary parking at Contemporary extends to this event, but I am not exactly clear what time you would be required to exit parking on Sunday morning after the drop-off.

[Edit to Add] Just a helpful reminder that early Sept is prime hurricane + afternoon rainstorm season. You may want to be cautious about flying during 1-5pm, or have back up plan if delayed due to high winds/ rain. Luckily, afternoon rainstorms tend to move quickly, so delays are hopefully minimal impact to you. I'm mainly thinking about folks that book hard-to-get ADRs close to arrival time. Hurricanes are another matter, and will either happen or not. If you're planning to go between Aug-Oct, then you're accepting higher risk for an adventure. I don't worry about hurricanes while @disney, but traveling in/out & food choices- that I worry about. Ramble over..... ;) :cutie:

Last edited:
At the risk of spamming this thread, I thought it would be helpful to know that there will be complimentary transportation from / to Contemporary for the SW:GE event. Unlike the Pandora event (organized by Dreams), the shuttle is only going back to the Contemporary. The complimentary parking at Contemporary extends to this event, but I am not exactly clear what time you would be required to exit parking on Sunday morning after the drop-off.

Thank you for the info! This is good to know so we can start thinking about how we will be getting back to other resorts. I will be solo and would be interested in sharing a ride (Uber/Lyft/taxi) with someone back to Pop. Going by myself so late at night does make me a little nervous! And tired! (Since I’m usually asleep by 9 pm 😂)

I wish the event were after October 1 to be honest... would like to enjoy the 50th celebration but alas, it'll be there for quite awhile. that just means another trip

Thanx Pam. We may need to be flexible about the pool gathering, if pool hopping isn't allowed and off-site guests aren't allowed. I think MaxRebo is also off-site, if I recall. I'm awaiting a number of logistical questions about the SW:GE (sat night) event. I'm a teeny bit concerned about the "full ride experience" for RotR, since I've never done it and have stayed Spoiler-Free so far! :O Really the whole reason I'd go during Primo-Hurricane Season is to see all y'all and the SW:GE to ride RotR. :) Hugs!
That makes sense - oh well. I am not going to pay for the SW:GE event - the price is just too high for me. I love ROTR but I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. $400 is a bit much extra for me to spend so I may only do the panels. May not even do those.

I am really surprised no one posted yesterday - although I suppose today is revenge of the 5th (so we’re still okay)

but wanted to know who’s going to go either cosplaying or bounding to the party.

Just thinking about packing, so I will definitely have a Star Wars themed outfit, but not sure if my luggage will accommodate a full outfit.

Well it looks like I'll be tagging along unless something changes ...some availability opened up at SSR so I snagged it. My only hope is that they offer AP's by then, but I don't think that's very likely to happen. Looking forward to it!

I am thinking I will have to change my dates and arrive on 9/9 instead of 9/8. We just got the school calendar and school starts on 9/9. I can send my son off to school then take the 12 pm flight from Boston which means I’ll land around 3. I’m bummed to miss the first day of events, but too much mom guilt to miss sending him off. I still feel like it’s worth it for me to get to do the 2nd day and the SWGE party on Saturday. I’m kind of hoping there will be a Boo Bash on 9/9 and I could go that evening!

I'm not attending the event but will be at Pop from the 10th to the 18th. My backup trip became my non backup trip 😊 I am interested in unofficial stuff if non event attendees are allowed. Solo trip so I can't justify all the extra money for half an event etc.

I am still going! Staying at BWV so now. Solo trip for me so hoping to meet up with everyone! I can walk back from the party but I do not want to do that alone! Anyone else staying in Epcot area? I am definitely up for any meet and greets and hoping to do Boo Bash!

My park reservations are Thur 9/9 MK, Fri 9/10 HS, Sat 9/11 EP- Party at HS 10pm, and Sun 9/12 AK before flying home. I also made a dinner reservation at STK at 7:30 on Friday if anyone wants to join. I have never been there to eat, only drink with Corey Martin.

My park reservations are Thur 9/9 MK, Fri 9/10 HS, Sat 9/11 EP- Party at HS 10pm, and Sun 9/12 AK before flying home. I also made a dinner reservation at STK at 7:30 on Friday if anyone wants to join. I have never been there to eat, only drink with Corey Martin.

I still haven’t made my Park reservations as I’m still holding off buying tickets till they sorted out the UK international travel rules

as I am not sure if the US is red/Amber/green as that makes a difference if I attend or not.

although the only thing I want to do is see galaxy edge and ride ROTR, and as I can do that at the party, so whatever else I get is fine.

question - do we know when in July they are releasing the event itinerary.

Also do we know when the Dis guys will release their meet ups...although to be fair I’m only doing the drinking one with either Craig, Ryno or Cory... (as you know one of the will be holding that event ):tongue:

Last edited:
I still haven’t made my Park reservations as I’m still holding off buying tickets till they sorted out the UK international travel rules

as I am not sure if the US is red/Amber/green as that makes a difference if I attend or not.

although the only thing I want to do is see galaxy edge and ride ROTR, and as I can do that at the party, so whatever else I get is fine.

question - do we know when in July they are releasing the event itinerary.

Also do we know when the Dis guys will release their meet ups...although to be fair I’m only doing the drinking one with either Craig, Ryno or Cory... (as you know one of the will be holding that event ):tongue:

Try for Epcot on Sat. and drink around the world with me at Food and wine!

Yeah, I only make it when I am sharing my drinks with my husband, but still half a world is better than none! I would love if we could get a bunch to eat and drink around that day. I have never been to Food and Wine, so I am excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!