*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

99 DAYS....until we arrive in Orlando for the 20 Years of Dreams event. We are arriving early so we can do a volunteer day at "Give Kids the World" and we're very excited about that. We haven't done a "full" trip since last August so we're so looking forward to spending time in the parks. Our first big event of the week will be the "Unofficial" Meetup at PoP Century on the 7th. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of Dis'ers!

Let the countdown......CONTINUE...………….:D

Doug :goofy:

99 DAYS....until we arrive in Orlando for the 20 Years of Dreams event. We are arriving early so we can do a volunteer day at "Give Kids the World" and we're very excited about that. We haven't done a "full" trip since last August so we're so looking forward to spending time in the parks. Our first big event of the week will be the "Unofficial" Meetup at PoP Century on the 7th. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of Dis'ers!

Let the countdown......CONTINUE...………….:D

I’m at 99 days Monday, till I’m back home.

Can’t wait to start doing the double digit dance

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

For Plaza Terrace and Garden Grille are we going to meet up there? I start another round of rehab this week for 6 weeks and I'm pretty sure I will be in an ECV at Disney in August.

For Plaza Terrace and Garden Grille are we going to meet up there? I start another round of rehab this week for 6 weeks and I'm pretty sure I will be in an ECV at Disney in August.

Oh no sorry to hear that, but it’s probably better to use an ECV than putting unnecessary strain on yourself when you’re still recovering.

For the Plaza Terrace I was going to meet everyone there as its my first morning in the US so I’ll still be on London time.

Meaning I’ll be up and on the go at the crack of dawn, probably will need a nap after I collect my credentials lol :rotfl:

For the Garden Grille as it’s EMH think a few of us are heading to soarin’ for a cheeky ride around the world before breakfast

Last edited:
For the garden grill I made a reservation for us at 180 days for the 8 people that confirmed at the time that they wanted to go. So, unfortunately right now that reservation is full. We can keep you updated if someone cancels, though there is also one other person that asked to be added after the reservation was made too. Back when the other person asked about being added I did try to increase the reservation size to 9 or 10 but I was unable to.

Sorry, I hadn’t even thought at the time to make a reservation with a couple extra spots. I’ve never done a meetup like this before so it hadn’t occurred to me that people would be joining in after the 180 days occur. But I’m the crazy planner type that booked the dismeetup the minute it was available! I forget not everyone does that!

@TheMaxRebo, @afan and I thought maybe you could make a note on the first page to avoid confusion that the reservation is full. Thanks.

For the garden grill I made a reservation for us at 180 days for the 8 people that confirmed at the time that they wanted to go. So, unfortunately right now that reservation is full. We can keep you updated if someone cancels, though there is also one other person that asked to be added after the reservation was made too. Back when the other person asked about being added I did try to increase the reservation size to 9 or 10 but I was unable to.

Sorry, I hadn’t even thought at the time to make a reservation with a couple extra spots. I’ve never done a meetup like this before so it hadn’t occurred to me that people would be joining in after the 180 days occur. But I’m the crazy planner type that booked the dismeetup the minute it was available! I forget not everyone does that!

@TheMaxRebo, @afan and I thought maybe you could make a note on the first page to avoid confusion that the reservation is full. Thanks.

I put a note indicating "current ADR is full"

Do you have the details of the exact day/time and who is going? I can them update that info and perhaps start a wait list or if others want to make a 2nd ADR

I can do the same for the Hoop Dee Doo

Any further details for the Disney Springs lunch?

I put a note indicating "current ADR is full"

Do you have the details of the exact day/time and who is going? I can them update that info and perhaps start a wait list or if others want to make a 2nd ADR

The reservation is for 8/8 at 9am. Those of us staying on-site were planning to meet at soarin’ before the reservation since it’s an EMH day.

The list of people that confirmed Garden Grill for the ADR was:
@afan
@SG131 @k8Davies @115belladonna @PamNC @Malia78 @Ravens girl @Kathleen Glasgow

I don’t remember the name of the first user that mentioned after the fact about possibly joining.

Also, while you’re updating the front page, I may have splurged a bit and changed my resort plans. I’m now at the contemporary 8/6-8/11 and boardwalk 8/11-8/15. Breaking the bank a bit, but I’m really looking forward to staying at two hotels I’ve never stayed at before!

Also, while you’re updating the front page, I may have splurged a bit and changed my resort plans. I’m now at the contemporary 8/6-8/11 and boardwalk 8/11-8/15. Breaking the bank a bit, but I’m really looking forward to staying at two hotels I’ve never stayed at before!

Yay splurge as you’ll probably need the boardwalk stay to recover from all fun/mayhem of the event lol :tongue:

As I’m at the 100 days mark i mini treated myself and just booked my airport hotel for the night before, so I don’t have to contend with the M25 (yes the same M25 Chris Rea wrote the ‘Road to Hell’ about) the morning of my flight. :laughing:

The Disney Villains After Hours at MK tickets went on sale this AM.

Was think about this but the cost even with the exchange rate is a little high.

I know I might miss out but I’m going to wait for the reviews.

As if I’m spending over 100 quid I want to know it’s going to be worth it.

Especially as they have late night MK EMH the day before (which means I can cover off most ride that day) so it’s really the show and the extra ride overlays I’m interested in.

Also it’s my double digit dance day :cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

Only 90 days till my single digit dance :rotfl:

**** Update on ADRs booked - what is booked, who has confirmed, who is still interested but needs a spot ****

Due to some questioning or unclarity around the events that require an ADR and who has confirmed for a spot and who hasn't yet, I have updated the first post with what I know and have the info also below

@k8Davies - do you have the current status of the Breakfast in MK ADR you made? Exact date/time and who is confirmed and how many (if any) open spots you have?

Disney Springs Lunch on Saturday - has anyone made any ADRs? I see the following people expressed interest:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @travelinjenn and Husband and Daughter (17)
- @DanielleC

Thanks @SG131 - I have updated the first page post per your note about the Garden Grill breakfast and who is confirmed vs who also showed interest but would at this point need a cancellation or to create a new ADR. Just so everyone connected to that is clear, here is what I see:
Current Booked ADR:
Date and Time: Thursday, August 8th, @ 9am
Confirmed Attendees:
- @afan
- @SG131
- @k8Davies
- @115belladonna
- @PamNC
- @Malia78
- @Ravens girl
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Also indicated interest (would need a cancellation or 2nd ADR to be made):
- @Sylver
- @Diapercat04
- @DanielleC

Lastly, here is what I have for Hoop Dee Doo (lots of people so apologies for the long list - and really do hope I have this correct):
Currently booked ADRs:
* 2 booked by @PrncessA (2 ADRs, Category 1 25 spots and Category 2 10 spots)
Date and Time: Friday, August 9th, @ 8:30pm show

Confirmed Attendees:
Category 1:

1. @PrncessA
2. PrncessA's guest 1
3. PrncessA's guest 2
4. PrncessA's guest 3
5. PrncessA's guest 4
6. PrncessA's guest 5
7. TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin
8. TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin's Mom
9. @dina444444
10. @wnwardii
11. @skittles67
12. skittles67's friend
13. @k8Davies
14. @Tiggerette
15. @Ravens girl
16. TheMaxRebo's Friend Jaso
17. TheMaxRebo's Friend Liz
18. @TheMaxRebo
19. TheMaxRebo's wife
20. @PolkaDotPanda
21. PolkaDotPanda's husband
22. @wiihoo888
23. wiihoo888's husband
24. @AMusicLifeForMe
25. AMusicLifeForMe's Dad

Category 2:
1. @gberg
2. @Kathleen Glasgow
3. @SG131
4. @1Grumpy9
5. @WorldExplorer
6. @Maytulip32
7. Maytylip32's husband
8. @poohj80
9. poohj80's guest

* One booked by @Lisann

Confirmed Attendees:
1. @Lisann

* One booked by @CynthiaC925

Confirmed Attendees:
1. @CynthiaC925

(2nd spot may be for @JLoinDisney - can you confirm?)

Interested but needs a slot:
- @DanielleC

Showed interest in the past, but didn't confirm - please indicate if still interested to be on wait list or try to find additional ADR:
- @115belladonna
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @Sylver
- @Diapercat04

Also, @Vernon Wolfe - can you please confirm that you will definitely not be attending? Just want final confirmation that nothing has changed before we give you spot away.

Again, sorry for the long post but as these involve ADRs and costs, etc. I want to make sure we get as much of this correct. Thanks!!!

**** /end Update on ADRs booked - what is booked, who has confirmed, who is still interested but needs a spot ****

The Disney Villains After Hours at MK tickets went on sale this AM.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-villains-after-hours/

Yet another instance of my Phone alarm going off "Disney Tickets" while me staring blankly at it for a few seconds. There are AP and DVC discounts which I thought was pretty significant.

We're going to pass on the Villains after Hours party. Given there won't be any M&G's o_O and if we do that on Aug 8th........that's potentially 5 nights in a row at MK :oops:....just not gonna work for us. I'll be curious to see how people like it tho. :D

**** Update on ADRs booked - what is booked, who has confirmed, who is still interested but needs a spot ****

Due to some questioning or unclarity around the events that require an ADR and who has confirmed for a spot and who hasn't yet, I have updated the first post with what I know and have the info also below

@k8Davies - do you have the current status of the Breakfast in MK ADR you made? Exact date/time and who is confirmed and how many (if any) open spots you have?

Disney Springs Lunch on Saturday - has anyone made any ADRs? I see the following people expressed interest:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @travelinjenn and Husband and Daughter (17)
- @DanielleC

Thanks @SG131 - I have updated the first page post per your note about the Garden Grill breakfast and who is confirmed vs who also showed interest but would at this point need a cancellation or to create a new ADR. Just so everyone connected to that is clear, here is what I see:
Current Booked ADR:
Date and Time: Thursday, August 8th, @ 9am
Confirmed Attendees:
- @afan
- @SG131
- @k8Davies
- @115belladonna
- @PamNC
- @Malia78
- @Ravens girl
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Also indicated interest (would need a cancellation or 2nd ADR to be made):
- @Sylver
- @Diapercat04
- @DanielleC

Lastly, here is what I have for Hoop Dee Doo (lots of people so apologies for the long list - and really do hope I have this correct):
Currently booked ADRs:
* 2 booked by @PrncessA (2 ADRs, Category 1 25 spots and Category 2 10 spots)

Confirmed Attendees:
Category 1:

1. @PrncessA
2. PrncessA's guest 1
3. PrncessA's guest 2
4. PrncessA's guest 3
5. PrncessA's guest 4
6. PrncessA's guest 5
7. TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin
8. TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin's Mom
9. @dina444444
10. @wnwardii
11. @skittles67
12. skittles67's friend
13. @k8Davies
14. @Tiggerette
15. @Ravens girl
16. TheMaxRebo's Friend Jaso
17. TheMaxRebo's Friend Liz
18. @TheMaxRebo
19. TheMaxRebo's wife
20. @PolkaDotPanda
21. PolkaDotPanda's husband
22. @wiihoo888
23. wiihoo888's husband
24. @AMusicLifeForMe
25. AMusicLifeForMe's Dad

Category 2:
1. @gberg
2. @Kathleen Glasgow
3. @SG131
4. @1Grumpy9
5. @WorldExplorer
6. @Maytulip32
7. Maytylip32's husband
8. @poohj80
9. poohj80's guest

* One booked by @Lisann

Confirmed Attendees:
1. @Lisann

* One booked by @CynthiaC925

Confirmed Attendees:
1. @CynthiaC925

(2nd spot may be for @JLoinDisney - can you confirm?)

Interested but needs a slot:
- @DanielleC

Showed interest in the past, but didn't confirm - please indicate if still interested to be on wait list or try to find additional ADR:
- @115belladonna
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @Sylver
- @Diapercat04

Also, @Vernon Wolfe - can you please confirm that you will definitely not be attending? Just want final confirmation that nothing has changed before we give you spot away.

Again, sorry for the long post but as these involve ADRs and costs, etc. I want to make sure we get as much of this correct. Thanks!!!

**** /end Update on ADRs booked - what is booked, who has confirmed, who is still interested but needs a spot ****
Um..... for some reason I'm missing from the Hoop De Doo list..... I was supposed to be on the category 1 list......I thought I responded pretty quickly after you posted about the reservation.......

Checked old posts and I was #7 on your original list when ADR post was made on Feb 6 and the first person to respond and said I'd prefer Cat 1. I'm not sure how I got removed from the list.

Um..... for some reason I'm missing from the Hoop De Doo list..... I was supposed to be on the category 1 list......I thought I responded pretty quickly after you posted about the reservation.......

Checked old posts and I was #7 on your original list when ADR post was made on Feb 6 and the first person to respond and said I'd prefer Cat 1. I'm not sure how I got removed from the list.

I have you in the Cat 2 listing in the above quoted post (#3 in the list) - I had your response as "OK with whatever" ... if you really prefer Cat 1 I can go back and see if anyone in the Cat 1 is ok with changing

I have you in the Cat 2 listing in the above quoted post (#3 in the list) - I had your response as "OK with whatever" ... if you really prefer Cat 1 I can go back and see if anyone in the Cat 1 is ok with changing
Initial response was preferred category 1, I just assumed that’s where I ended up, I guess I should’ve looked closer. It looks like there’s still availability so I could always just book a table for 1, though I’m debating if it’s worth it since it probably won’t be as fun sitting alone. I’ll have to think about it a bit and I’ll get back to you as far as whether or not to remove me from the reservation.

Edit: Ok, I read it wrong there is no more category 1 seating left. So not sure what to do, but I’ll let you know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts