*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by TheMaxRebo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

It looks like the current after hours are every Thursday so it looks like 8/8 will be the only one while I’m there unless they add extra ones in depending on popularity.

disneyholic family likes this.
  2. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

Keep in mind, the DAH Villains event is the same night as the DVC Moonlight Magic Party at Animal Kingdom. So, those planning on attending the DVC Party will need to make a decision between this event and that event.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DanielleC

DanielleC Trans Disney Girl

Please add me to Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom. I booked it today, for Friday 8/9. Also, I changed my hotel to Wed through Sun.

5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

are the dates for the DAH event set? Wasn't sure if they had all the dates set that far out ... but if so, then very good point!

Next time they have a party I am going to have to book a 2 week vacation just to fit in everything I'd like to ;)

6. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

excellent- we will be on the same tour!

7. afan

afan DIS Veteran

I'm guessing the DAH will be the 8th since that's the last date. Also if I remember correctly there's PM EMH at MK on the 7th. Not that it can't change but I wouldn't think they'd do the event 2 nights in a row. I'm in for the 8th though. I was hoping they'd have one while we're there and hope the new theme doesn't mean they sell more tickets. I didn't need a theme for the event, seems weird.

8. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

OMG my brain is about to explode....
    i've completely lost track of what i think we're doing when....
    so many fun things to do in such a short span of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afan likes this.
  9. disneyholic family

you're right..
    the 8th is the date of the DVC event...that is weird...

cmarsh31 likes this.
  10. disneyholic family

your senior class trip sounds like what goes on at the value resorts now when the teen groups visit... :eek::eek::eek::scared1::scared1::scared1:

11. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

If anyone is a real member of DVC and going to party, we would love to go as your guests. We are 2nd class resale owners. LOL and would love to experience. Let me know! It would be me and my husband. We are 50 yr old Ohio people. I am a teacher so pretty safe. lol.

12. DanielleC

QUOTE="TheMaxRebo, post: 59897968, member: 174177"]
    View attachment 361275

Hello everyone! We've done this for past events and thought it would be good to have one this time as well (based on some chatter I have already seen there is some interest in *un*official events as well!)​

note: Original photos source credit: Disney Parks[/QUOTE]

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?

13. disneyholic family

we're also resale owners...
    we just bought last august...the dis event will be the first time we're staying as DVC members (albeit 2nd class ones :rolleyes: ) ....

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  14. disneyholic family

We often do the dining plan, but we're not this time...
    i plan on keeping track of all our on property food expenditures, to make the comparison..
    we've done both free dining and bought the dining plan on past trips..
    it's especially worthwhile if you're planning on many character lunches/dinners...
    i've even purchased it for the family when i knew it would be a bit more than out of pocket just because when i pay in advance, i'm less disturbed by the super high cost of food in the parks...

in any case, no we're not buying it this time....we'll see how that works....

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  15. czechplz

czechplz Big Al's #1 Pal

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?[/QUOTE]

We will have the Disney Dining Plan!

16. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?[/QUOTE]

Didn’t buy the Disney Dining plan but I got the QS plan free when I booked my hotel - so apart from the Plaza and Garden Grill breakfasts and the Hoop Dee Do dinner, I’m going to be eating QS and snacks for the rest of my trip.

17. disneyholic family

that's great - the snacks are now insanely expensive!!

18. DanielleC

Didn’t buy the Disney Dining plan but I got the QS plan free when I booked my hotel - so apart from the Plaza and Garden Grill breakfasts and the Hoop Dee Do dinner, I’m going to be eating QS and snacks for the rest of my trip.[/QUOTE]

I've got around $400 in Disney gift cards I need to use and will probably have $200 more by August (I have a Disney Visa card). I've been thinking about getting a quick service plan or a full service plan. Hoop Dee Doo will use 2 full service credits and Plaza will use 1 and I may go to Chef Mickey's on Sunday at 7:30am to use the 4th. Then I have QS for the rest.

19. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

I was originally thinking about it, but I decided I'd rather try to swing an upgrade to a hotel room instead. I've spend at least 2 weeks worth of time at values since I got my AP in Dec so I was ready for a splurge! Plus I get an AP discount on food so that made paying for the dining plan less worth it for me than paying OOP.

20. DanielleC

I keep forgetting about the AP discount and my Visa discount too. I need to stop forgetting

21. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

I forget all the time too since I'm new to the AP thing, especially when buying merch. A CM told me that theyre supposed to always ask if you are an AP, but they only seem to 50% of the time or less.