*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely interested in Hoop Dee Doo, but I do need to manage to fit two nights in at Epcot for Illuminations and I will only have 5 nights for nighttime entertainment.

I hear you about that - trying to arrange everything and definitely getting to see Illuminations at least once and I'd like to see the new show at DHS as well

We are going to be interested in some of the events but we are total non-planners so there's no way I'm able to tell you in January what we're going to want to have for lunch in August. If that rules us out of the things needing ADRs, I'm okay with that. We'll see you all at some of the other events. We haven't even booked our house/condo yet. We don't typically do that until 2-3 months out from a trip. And we almost never make ADRs. I'm sure we'll be interested in any bar crawl and some of the other more informal stuff. We just don't plan Disney trips anywhere near this far in advance.

yeah, I know - just worried about making reservations for parties of 10+ - especially for Hoop Dee Doo .... not too worried about other ones

Obviously plenty of non-dining events too!

yeah, I know - just worried about making reservations for parties of 10+ - especially for Hoop Dee Doo .... not too worried about other ones

Obviously plenty of non-dining events too!
I think garden grill though not as many people may be tricky too.

I definitely am interested in some of the other events posted since I last posted on this thread, but I was kind of waiting to see what the dis team is going to have before I decided what else I wanted to do. Based on the show it sounds like they’re starting to put together a list, can’t wait to hear about everything!

I think garden grill though not as many people may be tricky too.

I definitely am interested in some of the other events posted since I last posted on this thread, but I was kind of waiting to see what the dis team is going to have before I decided what else I wanted to do. Based on the show it sounds like they’re starting to put together a list, can’t wait to hear about everything!

I was glad to hear on the show John (I thin it was) say he expects to have more details for other events out in the next weeks ... for past events it wasn't until much, much closer to the event that they had any of that info - guess they realized some of us are planners ;)

I was glad to hear on the show John (I thin it was) say he expects to have more details for other events out in the next weeks ... for past events it wasn't until much, much closer to the event that they had any of that info - guess they realized some of us are planners ;)
And by planners you mean OBSESSIVE planners right.....

I’ve never been to an event before but I heard they gave info on smaller meets a few weeks ahead of time. That had me very concerned cause how would I ever be able to perfect a spreadsheet in 3 weeks especially when chances of switching fastpasses at that point was slim!!

And by planners you mean OBSESSIVE planners right.....

I’ve never been to an event before but I heard they gave info on smaller meets a few weeks ahead of time. That had me very concerned cause how would I ever be able to perfect a spreadsheet in 3 weeks especially when chances of switching fastpasses at that point was slim!!

yeah, exactly - it was after FP day for many (and of course well past ADR booking window opening) and at that point - as the trip was our family vacation, not *just* for the DIS event we had a lot of things locked in so we werne't able to do many of the smaller events

Looks like for at least some things there will be more notice which is really nice!

yeah, exactly - it was after FP day for many (and of course well past ADR booking window opening) and at that point - as the trip was our family vacation, not *just* for the DIS event we had a lot of things locked in so we werne't able to do many of the smaller events

Looks like for at least some things there will be more notice which is really nice!
Since for the first and probably only time ever I have an AP and will be making a few trips in the year, I’m trying to keep this trip more about meetups, but my need to plan is strong! I also have to keep reminding myself that it will be August so a more reasonable pace than what I did in December will be necessary!

*** NEW POTENTIAL EVENT ***

They just released info for an Illuminations Dinner Package

I know viewing Illuminations (perhaps saying "goodbye" to it) was something people were interested in so thought I would share this:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...to-epcot/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q2wo0103190109190029C

It's for at the Rose and Crown and includes seating outside on their private patio, a pre-fix meal and unlimited beverage (including alcoholic ones). prices is $85/adult $35/child

*** QUICK NOTE ABOUT DINING EVENTS - ADR DAY COMING SOON! ***

Hi all, as we have now passed the holiday season I thought it made sense to revisit a few things, the first being that we are about 1 month out from being able to make ADRs for early August. As some of the discussed events would require ADRs I wanted to bring this up and start getting more concreted confirmation of interest and discuss who will book and if pre-payment is needed, etc.

Below are the events I see that would have an ADR required along with who expressed interest.

Please let me know if you are still interested and to the point of making an ADR and what day and time, etc.

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
Day & time: Discussed Friday, August 9th for the 8:30pm show (so can use Tables in Wonderland)

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @1Grumpy9
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch:
Day & time: Discussed Saturday, August 10th - well, lunch, but likely to fit in so people could make a showing of Lion King at the AMC

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Day & time: unsure (beyond "breakfast")

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl
- @k8Davies
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Brunch at the Plaza in MK:
Day & time: Wednesday, August 7th; "brunch" time

This didn't make an official event, but I know @k8Davies you mentioned potential interest in brunch at the Plaza the morning of Wednesday, August 7th - so let me know if you are still interested or if others are interested as well, let me know

I'm definitely still up for the Hoop Dee Do and the Garden Grill.

Also yes I am still going for Breakfast on the Morning on Wednesday 7th - I am thinking somewhere in MK, happy with the Plaza as I haven't been there.

Although if people don't want to use a ticket I would consider Kona Cafe - as there Mimosa flight is great.

All I know I will definitely need breakfast and from Jet Lag will be up early, so can go stag if it's a bit too early in the day or in the trip for people.

As I will see a lot of you lovely folks at the afternoon meet up.

yeah, I know - just worried about making reservations for parties of 10+
That comment totally wasn't directed at you. It was just a general comment about our lack of planning. I completely understand the need to plan for large group events. We just don't work that way.

I'm glad to hear they intend to release event information earlier. Last time was frustrating. They really seemed taken off guard by the high demand but I think they learned from that and are changing up how they do it.

hi all!! just catching up....
we have a resort change - disneyholic family and MickeyMouseIsKing
switching to Bay Lake Tower - 8/4 - 8/14

we were able to get a room at the 7 month mark! woo hoo!!
we've never stayed at BLT before..

double yay!!
we managed to get a lake view studio (standards were all gone)...i was really happy to see they still had some left at 7 months.
actually, for most of our days they also had theme park view, but i didn't want to spend the extra points and then as it turned out, our last day only had lake view anyway...

double yay!!
we managed to get a lake view studio (standards were all gone)...i was really happy to see they still had some left at 7 months.
actually, for most of our days they also had theme park view, but i didn't want to spend the extra points and then as it turned out, our last day only had lake view anyway...
I’m in a lake view as well. I knew if I was going to switch that would be the room type I would get since there aren’t that many standard studios. I stayed in a lake view studio last January and really liked it. And this allowed me to use the remainder of our banked 2017 points that will expire on August 31.

Which is better for the Universal Day, the 7th or the 12th? Right now I have it listed as the 7th.

Please change our hotel from Copper Creek to Beach Club. Aug 7-11 Yay! Can’t wait to stay at this resort. I have always dreamed of staying there. I have a feeling my boys are going to be spend many hours at the pool.

We have a one bedroom for 2 nights and a studio for 2 nights. Anyone have room request recommendations?

*** QUICK NOTE ABOUT DINING EVENTS - ADR DAY COMING SOON! ***

Hi all, as we have now passed the holiday season I thought it made sense to revisit a few things, the first being that we are about 1 month out from being able to make ADRs for early August. As some of the discussed events would require ADRs I wanted to bring this up and start getting more concreted confirmation of interest and discuss who will book and if pre-payment is needed, etc.

Below are the events I see that would have an ADR required along with who expressed interest.

Please let me know if you are still interested and to the point of making an ADR and what day and time, etc.

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
Day & time: Discussed Friday, August 9th for the 8:30pm show (so can use Tables in Wonderland)

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch:
Day & time: Discussed Saturday, August 10th - well, lunch, but likely to fit in so people could make a showing of Lion King at the AMC

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Day & time: unsure (beyond "breakfast")

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl
- @k8Davies
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Brunch at the Plaza in MK:
Day & time: Wednesday, August 7th; "brunch" time

This didn't make an official event, but I know @k8Davies you mentioned potential interest in brunch at the Plaza the morning of Wednesday, August 7th - so let me know if you are still interested or if others are interested as well, let me know

I'm still in for Garden Grill. I can't remember who (so sorry I thought I kept a not of it) of who offered to make the ADR because her date was earlier than mine.

Also I'd prefer to do the breakfast PPO or at least earlier in the morning Thurs, Fri or Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter