*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by TheMaxRebo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I hear you about that - trying to arrange everything and definitely getting to see Illuminations at least once and I'd like to see the new show at DHS as well

2. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

yeah, I know - just worried about making reservations for parties of 10+ - especially for Hoop Dee Doo .... not too worried about other ones

Obviously plenty of non-dining events too!

disneysteve likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

I think garden grill though not as many people may be tricky too.

I definitely am interested in some of the other events posted since I last posted on this thread, but I was kind of waiting to see what the dis team is going to have before I decided what else I wanted to do. Based on the show it sounds like they’re starting to put together a list, can’t wait to hear about everything!

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I was glad to hear on the show John (I thin it was) say he expects to have more details for other events out in the next weeks ... for past events it wasn't until much, much closer to the event that they had any of that info - guess they realized some of us are planners ;)

6. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

And by planners you mean OBSESSIVE planners right.....

I’ve never been to an event before but I heard they gave info on smaller meets a few weeks ahead of time. That had me very concerned cause how would I ever be able to perfect a spreadsheet in 3 weeks especially when chances of switching fastpasses at that point was slim!!

7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

yeah, exactly - it was after FP day for many (and of course well past ADR booking window opening) and at that point - as the trip was our family vacation, not *just* for the DIS event we had a lot of things locked in so we werne't able to do many of the smaller events

Looks like for at least some things there will be more notice which is really nice!

8. Kathleen Glasgow

Kathleen Glasgow Disney Apprentice

Thanks so much. I realized that lol. I will definitely be posting more now with this awesome party!

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  9. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

Since for the first and probably only time ever I have an AP and will be making a few trips in the year, I’m trying to keep this trip more about meetups, but my need to plan is strong! I also have to keep reminding myself that it will be August so a more reasonable pace than what I did in December will be necessary!

10. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

*** NEW POTENTIAL EVENT ***

They just released info for an Illuminations Dinner Package

I know viewing Illuminations (perhaps saying "goodbye" to it) was something people were interested in so thought I would share this:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...to-epcot/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q2wo0103190109190029C

It's for at the Rose and Crown and includes seating outside on their private patio, a pre-fix meal and unlimited beverage (including alcoholic ones). prices is $85/adult $35/child

MaryKatesMom and rteetz like this.
  11. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

I'm definitely still up for the Hoop Dee Do and the Garden Grill.

Also yes I am still going for Breakfast on the Morning on Wednesday 7th - I am thinking somewhere in MK, happy with the Plaza as I haven't been there.

Although if people don't want to use a ticket I would consider Kona Cafe - as there Mimosa flight is great.

All I know I will definitely need breakfast and from Jet Lag will be up early, so can go stag if it's a bit too early in the day or in the trip for people.

As I will see a lot of you lovely folks at the afternoon meet up.

12. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

That comment totally wasn't directed at you. It was just a general comment about our lack of planning. I completely understand the need to plan for large group events. We just don't work that way.

I'm glad to hear they intend to release event information earlier. Last time was frustrating. They really seemed taken off guard by the high demand but I think they learned from that and are changing up how they do it.

Mickeymouseisking and TheMaxRebo like this.
  13. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

That would be a no for us based on the menu alone. Sounds like a nice package though. I'd be into it personally but the rest of the crew wouldn't.

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  14. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

hi all!! just catching up....
    we have a resort change - disneyholic family and MickeyMouseIsKing
    switching to Bay Lake Tower - 8/4 - 8/14

we were able to get a room at the 7 month mark! woo hoo!!
    we've never stayed at BLT before..

Mickeymouseisking and TheMaxRebo like this.
  15. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Yay!

16. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

double yay!!
    we managed to get a lake view studio (standards were all gone)...i was really happy to see they still had some left at 7 months.
    actually, for most of our days they also had theme park view, but i didn't want to spend the extra points and then as it turned out, our last day only had lake view anyway...

17. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

I’m in a lake view as well. I knew if I was going to switch that would be the room type I would get since there aren’t that many standard studios. I stayed in a lake view studio last January and really liked it. And this allowed me to use the remainder of our banked 2017 points that will expire on August 31.

18. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

Just switched from the Polynesian to the Beach Club! Same dates.

19. czechplz

czechplz Big Al's #1 Pal

Which is better for the Universal Day, the 7th or the 12th? Right now I have it listed as the 7th.

20. sbenemerito

sbenemerito Earning My Ears

Please change our hotel from Copper Creek to Beach Club. Aug 7-11 Yay! Can’t wait to stay at this resort. I have always dreamed of staying there. I have a feeling my boys are going to be spend many hours at the pool.

We have a one bedroom for 2 nights and a studio for 2 nights. Anyone have room request recommendations?

Mickeymouseisking likes this.
  21. afan

afan DIS Veteran

I'm still in for Garden Grill. I can't remember who (so sorry I thought I kept a not of it) of who offered to make the ADR because her date was earlier than mine.

Also I'd prefer to do the breakfast PPO or at least earlier in the morning Thurs, Fri or Sat.