UK DIS member round-up

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
We have a lot of new members, so I thought it was time for a 'get to know you thread'.

I'm Debbie (no prizes for guessing that!) married to Matt, and we have two daughters, Georgina (George) 17, and Harriet (Hat) 14. I was 40 last July, Matt was 30 this April. Lucky me! Or lucky him, I guess, depending on how you look at it! Needless to say, Matt is Step Dad to G and H.

We have 3 cats - Buttons, Annie and Molsen (mmmm bee-er!). Not sure which I'd rather get rid of quicker - the cats or the teen daughters.............:rolleyes:

Matt and I are both Bank Managers (interesting conversations in our house!). We're keen Formula 1 fans and usually get to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix weekend.

We've been visiting Orlando for 10 years now and our trip this October will be our 7th. We invariably visit with either our best friends - that's who we'll be with this October - or my brother and his wife. My brother and s-i-l claim to hate Orlando, but they always seem to tag along with us. They've been 4 times now, which seems about 3 times too many for people who reckon they can't stand the place! A fact I feel compelled to point out to them periodically..............

I've been a member of the DIS since July, 2000. I initially found the US boards using a search engine and was directed to the UK DIS by our Janice. I had notched up about 2500 posts when our beloved boards crashed, but I am happy to be resident here in our new home.

<font color=blue><font size=4>So come on everyone ~ members old and new ~ post away with your potted bios, so we can all get to know one another</font></font> :D :D :D

Hi

I am Kaylee aged 28 and my DH is Alan aged 30. I have been a member of the Dis since October 1999. We have 3 kitties - Buzz, Milly and Simba all aged 5 :D

We have visited DLP a few times and our first trip to WDW was in October 2000 for our Wedding and Honeymoon. We got married at Disney's Polynesian Resort. We loved WDW so much on our last day we brought points in Disney Vacation Club (DVC) at The Boardwalk Villa's (BWV). We are off again this year our first stay at BWV on October 24th and I am also planning our trip next year to make good use of those Annual Passes.

I don't know what I would do without the Dis :D

Kaylee

:wave: Hi, I'm Annie, 41, ex-Londoner living down in the beautiful New Forest coastal village of Milford on Sea, right opposite the Isle of Wight. Darryl (42) is the hubbie who puts up with me and our daughter Katie (9, going on 19). I'm a soon to be redundant Public Relations Manager in the financial services industry in Bournemouth and Darryl's a Regional Account Manager for large wholesale Xmas and gardening furniture company!

We too have three cats - brother and sister Charlie and George, 13 this year, (yep, DH is Arsenal fan) and little Felix who "adopted" us about 18 months ago . . . and who's just celebrated his 3rd birthday. He is the most affectionate cat I've ever met, particularly as he lived wild in our garden for six months before he accepted us. DD also have two piggy pogs (guinea pigs) - Tilly and Splodge. Complete waste of time in my book because all they do is squeak and eat!

However, we have a host of other critters living in our garden - ducks who visit twice a day, foxes, badgers and Mr & Mrs Pheasant who are currently nesting.

I first visited Florida back in 1982 - it was a belated 21st pressie from my brother's then girlfriend as WDW was somewhere I had always wanted to go (I am THE no. 1 Pooh fan, you see). However, what started as a cheapo quick fix weekend courtesy of her company (formerly Air Florida) in reality turned into nearly four weeks of touring Florida bliss - and yep, I've stll got the photo of me cuddling Pooh. During my first visit to MK I decided if I ever had children they had to come here to experience the magic first hand.

Fortunately we made our first trip as a family in 1999 (at this point with MIL tagging along, but that's another story

:rolleyes:) and have been bacxk every year since for our "holiday of a lifetime":D . This year we're going in October for best part of three weeks, Orlando then Naples and the Keys.

My DH - Dazzle on the boards - first joined DIS in June 2001, but hasn't had the opportunity to log back on since the crash . . . because I'm always on!

I too am mad about Formula 1, following it avidly since 1973. I can still remember by first British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch as if it was yesteday. Sadly I am very frustrated at the way the lack of proper racing the last year or so is damaging the sport I love.

That's us folks :Pinkbounc

Well, I seem to remember having done this before......

So here goes: I am Sue (obviously) married to Jorge for 10 years and we have a 6 year old daughter called Rebecca. A right little madam is a polite way to describe her! We own and run a Hotel in Stockport near Manchester. A time consuming business but great fun.

We first visited Disneyland, California on our honeymoon in '92 and then saved like mad to see the 'World' - finally going in Feb '94. Rebecca came along and scuppered our plans for visits '95-'98 but we have rallied with 7 trips since then - finally taking the plunge this year and buying our own Villa.

Discovered the boards when I bought Simons excellent book for my mother last Xmas (for her first trip in Feb) Been addicted ever since!

Hello to all the new members - lets find out about you....

I'm Beth,20,will be 21 in july,I'm a stay at home mum to my daughter Chelsea-Marie who is 2 and half years old.
I'm engaged to Martin,whos 24,we run a car valeting business,we live in our little home (well little is cosy hehe),nr manchester,which we also share with our chowchow YogiBear.

We are due to go on our first ever trip to america, and first ever plane journey for my partner and daughter so we are so looking forward too it lol, we are going to orlando,then onto st petes,naples and miami, over a 2week period,everything is sorted near enough,we are just waiting to go, i discovered the board a few months ago when Bev S mentioned them,and ive been a member ever since,ive learnt so many things from the people off here its amazing,im glad im sharing our first ever trip with you all.:bounce:

Well thats it about me,
Hello to all the new members,you'll love it here ;)

Beth & Co

I'm Katy (24) married to Anthony (25). Ant works as a manager for a large supermarket chain and I'm a kept woman!!. I'm pregnant with our first child due in September, on my birthday of all days!, this will be a honeymoon baby as we have only been married 6 months. We live in Colchester in Essex and have lived together for 4 years now.

We last went to Orlando last September my 3rd trip Ants first. Bit of a bad time to go but no one could have predicted that. I'm about to write up my trip reports - bit late I know but It will give me something to do before the baby is born.

Don't think we will get to Florida for a few years but have asked my parents to pencil it in for September 2006 and maybe do France before hand in 2004 - nothing quite like planning ahead!! :D

Katy
There are a few pictures of us in disney at :- www.katyjane.co.uk

Hi all,

I'm Bill, one of the odd Yanks that tends to post here in the UK section. Why? Becuase I have a wee soft spot in my heart for Great Britain. I suppose that is because I have visited the UK a few tiumes and because my wife is also quite an anglophile, having lived and studied in the UK for 8 years, once upon a time.

We live in Virginia, about 30 miles south of Washington, DC, where we both work. Susan is a Diplomatic Historian, and I am a firearms instructor for a federal law enforcement agencies (I know, I know... we mad Yanks with our guns).

We have a daughter called Olivia who will be four years old in November, and a retired racing Greyhound called Duncan.

Cheers,

Duncan.

Hi all

My name is Tracy and I am 29, 30 next month :( super gutted.

Anyway I live with my boyfriend Martin and we have been together for 4 years we met on holiday in Lanzorote. I am from sunny old Gravesend in Kent and Martin is from Leeds.

Work as a Desk Top Publisher......

Discovered the Dis through Simon after reading his wonderful book and getting in touch with him and he pointed me in the direction of the boards about a year ago.

I have been to Orlando twice now first time back in 96' and really loved it and managed to get round Mart last year starting with 2 weeks and talked him into a 3rd week, very crafty so we went for 3 weeks last september which was amazing. Timing was not great but still had a wonderful time. Considering we were not going to go until we get married I thought that was pretty good:) Also been to Miami which was pretty cool.

He loved it just as much as me and unfortuntely we can't afford to go back this year so we are settling for Cyprus but trying to sort out another trip again for next year so staring to plan even though it is not definate that we are even going:D

My fave things are, Orlando (obviously) especially the mad rides, holidays, shopping, movies, eating out, clubbing, surfing the net and chatting:p

Anyway there is a little bit about myself. Love the boards so much was gutted when the last one died, eveyone has been so helpful and it makes the planning process a big part of the holiday :D Also use the DIBB (am i allowed to say that)!!!

Will let you all know as soon as I have booked and am still writing up a trip report. Planning to do a web site with report, photos and movie files, watch this space..... ;) but blink at the rate i am going it will take another year :(

Anway that is me thanks to you all

Hugs

T

96' - Quality Inn International - Orlando
97' - Thunderbird - Miami
01- Rodeway Inn - Orlando
03' - still hoping a praying to go again (see ya)

Well I will re-introduce myself as I have not been on the boards for ages.
I am Chris have been married to Val for 17 years, [ I was twelve when I got married!!] we have two boys Scott 13 and Glenn 9.

We are going to Orlando for the 5th time in November/December this year [92,95,97,99], we will be staying at ASMo for three weeks.

I have been away from the boards too long, one of the reasons is because I have been working in the USA on and off since March, not Orlando but NYS and Chicago. I have 6 weeks at home then go back again every six weeks. I am popular at home with the boys as they are making me spend a fortune on clothes and presents for them. Well at least that cuts down shopping while on vacation, Janice will be proud of me as I am an expert shopper now in American malls.

hi everyone my name is sue, partner neil two boys alex and josh aged 9 10 if they make it through the half term holidays!! we are going to wdw in october, staying at the shereton shafari from 1 october till 19 october, this will be are third trip we went in april 97 for 25 aniversary, september 2000 we also found out that septembers not a very good time to go. we live in wallasey which is across the river from liverpool, we both work for asda which i enjoy neil not so sure, we have just got our tickets for mnsshp and are really looking forward to going to that, we are also waiting for the space shuttle tickets to go on sale, as we found out through internet there is a launch while we are in orlando, realy glad i found the dis board found out a lot from it. bye for now susie2:jester:

Hello - again

I'm Tracey, 30 something housewife from Wales. Married to Steve with 2 DDs (5 & 1).

Been registered here for ever - or so it seems. Stumbled across the site whilst planning our 2000 trip and never went away again - apart from the UK DIs boards.

First trip to WDW was in 92 witha girl friend - two single girls and a red convertible - in the middle of Hurricane Andrew. Flew home to the news that I was starting a new job - first port of call straight back to the USA and to Florida :D Thank you Royal Navy.

My next 2 trips were with my DH-to-be (Hol Inn Maingate West & Westgate Lakes) and we just loved it so much that our next trip we got married there in 95 @ Sheraton Lakeside.

Have been twice since with DD1 staying onsite @ CBR then ASMo - the most recent time I found out I was pregnant on site with DD2.

Waiting now to start planning our next trip in December next year - with DD2 properly this time :Pinkbounc

I'm Shelley 27 years old and Dh Nic is 31. I work for Nic in his computer company as the Accounts manager.(hen I actually do work. On the weekends I work in my mums video library so no days off for me.

We have been to Orlando 4 times and are going back both this Christmas and next Christmas. Don't get excited as we do do 3-4 days work out there with another company we ahve in diagnostic(yawn)software and hardware. Hopefully going to New York soon to see our other line of business of anti-virus software.

So as you can see we lead hetic and exciting lives!!!

Roll on Christmas.

Here we go again .......

Well I'm Sam, short for Samantha, and have been registered on the boards since some time in 2000 (look to your left!)

I'm 33 years old and live with my boyfriend Paul (43 but he doesn't look it) in Barking, Essex. Paul currently works for an IT Training Company whilst I sit around the house all day, yes a lady of leisure whilst I take a career break from the field of Human Resources.

I first went to Orlando in 1996 and stayed at the Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive I loved the place and have been going back there whenever possible. Subsequently staying at the Holiday Inn International twice and the QIP for a second time.

This year was my first year staying on site and we stayed at the Yacht Club which has always been my favourite dream hotel to stay in.

I love this site so much I've bitten the bullet and decided to go to DisCon 2002 on my own which is a little daunting but I'm sooo looking forward to it.

Can I just also say that I have made some really good friends here and life just wouldn't be the same without you (you know who you all are!)

My favourite Disney Character is the Hippo from Fantasia and I have heard tell that your favourite character can be known to reflect your own good looks;)

I really love food and my aim is to have eaten in every restaurant in WDW... I've a long way to go I'm sad to say coz I keep going back to my favourite restaurants:D

Lenny,

I know just what you mean about finding the whole thing unnerving- I felt exactly the same when we first went. And we've always loved Universal Studios, but since the arrival of IoA, CityWalk and the resort hotels, it is easily a match for WDW in my book.

And don't worry about being 'sad' because you've already got your itinerary drawn up - you're amongst friends here! In fact, we'd think you were a little odd if you hadn't done it! ;)

Hi,

I'm Scott (31) married to Karen with a 4 year old son Grant.

Tend to mainly use the main disboards but I intend to change that. We both work for BP here in Scotland.

We travel to Florida most years and have been DVC owners at the Boardwalk and Vero Beach for a few years now. Our next visit is on the 3rd of July where we are going on the 3 night Disney cruise followed by a few nights at Vero and a week at the Boardwalk.

Well, here I go!

My name is Penny, I am *cough cough cough* 33 years old, I live with my boyfriend of 11 years Simon in London. I work in a Magazine Publisher as a typesetter of the small adverts at the back...hmmmm, flashy magazines I might work on, but the bit I do certainly ain't flashy, LOL.

I have been once to Disneyland California (1996), twice to Disneyland Paris (2000 & 2001), and six times to WDW (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 (x2), 2002) and have a trip booked for August (and a Disney cruise, woohoo!), and hopefully another short trip in December too if I can get a cheap flight. I bought into the DVC May last year which I just love!

I've been on the boards about 2 1/2 years or so, and been a Moderator for a year and a bit - my only regret is that I didn't find the boards until after I'd already had TWO trips to Orlando :rolleyes:

Penny :D

I'm Brad! I am 15 years old, and live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA (lucky me :rolleyes: ). I don't have any kids (thank goodness :rolleyes:, but have a pet dog, Patches (Sheltie, 6 months old). I am a student at Hampton High School, and I am going into 10th grade (so like my first year at collage for those of you in the UK, or so PigSoldier tried to explain :jester: ). I do work at a McDonalds, but only part time, for spending money, Disney Dollars, Car Insuracnce, and a car *hope*.

I started to DIS in September of 2000 and found the UK boards in December of 2001. I have been to Disney World four times, and am going again 9/8 - 23/8 this year.

Hi everyone!! :D

I'm Suzi (the great explainer of the British school system :D ), 17, from London.

I'm going into my second year at college, studying music, philosophy and maths, and hopefully I'll be at Surrey University after that, doing music.

I've been to WDW twice, and I'm going to DLP for the 4th time this July, staying at Sequoia Lodge.

I love all the animated films, and I've got huge obsessions with Sleeping Beauty and Fantasia.

Its been nice 'meeting' you all,

Suzi
:)

Hello

I am Eda 25 and have been married to Dh for 5 years and he is 33 we are expecting or first baby in January. We both work together for an online sportbook which we are partners in.

I have been to WDW 2 times, Disneyland once and Disneylandparis Once. Our last trip was at Christmas 2000 which was DH first trip and he loved it. We have now taken to cruising also and we are going on our second cruise this summer we are hoping to do a Disney cruise once the baby is born!!!

I have been on these boards for about two years now and just love spending my spare time here because i have made some great friends.

Eda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter