UK DIS member round-up

ok I'll play!:D

Angel here, just going through a bit of a change at home having split from husband and embarking on a new life with fellow DIS/DIBB-er, Mark (Chunkster20uk):sunny:

Like Deb, I'm 40 and MArk's 30, I have a DD Becky who's 14 and a typical teenager (eek!)

I manage the Borough Libraries which is not as boring as it sounds (honest!);)

I've been on the DIS for 18 months, although I've lost all my posts again as I cant remember my password....did I tell you Im very scatty??

I love Disney and Mark and I are hoping to take Becky there some day soon together. Also love films, music books (of course) shopping and chocolate!!!

Nice to be back! Hi everyone!
:Pinkbounc

Hi to all, and hope this morning finds you all in the best of spirits,

I am Pete (a very young 34 year old, although you may not think so when you see how many grey hairs I have LOL) and I lkive in Cramlington in the NE of England with my better half, Tracy (33).

We have been together now 81/2 years and we are both certified nutcases when it comes to Disney (hence my signing in name) and I have been a member for I think a year and a half now.

We went for our first trip the March of 2001 and our second trip was in March 2002 - one week later thie second time around.

We are both involved in Amateur Dramatics and this takes up quite a lot of our time; any spare time we do have is taken up with work - we both work for two of THE most unpopular companies; I work for BT and Tracy works for the IR. So you can imagine the grief we get from time to time in our working day.

Never mind, someone has to do it - plus they help us get to Florida so it is a small price to pay.

That is enough from me so I will say my farewells and just say again it is lovely to be here.

Have a tremendous day, everybody

Pete and Tracy

Hi my name is Simon, I have been married for 15 year to my wife Theresly and have 2 daughters, Lauren who is 9 and Natasha who is 6.

We have been to WDW 4 times (3 times with kids) and DLP twice.

We are planing another WDW trip in March/April 2003

Simon.

Hi I'm Alison, 36 married to Shaun aka BONZO with 2 DDs Alexandra 8 and Laura 7. I work part time for a local NHS trust in the IT department.

Been to WDW 5 times and DLP once...and hope to go back Easter 2004.

Me now.............
My name is Sam, 39 and holding:rolleyes: married to DH Tony, 52 (I keep him young!) :p
3 sons, Mike 17, Marc 15, Jordan 11
1 daughter Holly, 9.
Living in Gloucester UK
Going back to Orlando in October

Pleased to be here.............. :bounce:

Hi,

I'm Karen and was 40 last year (OK 41 this year!)

Have three teens,DS's age 12 and 17 and DD age 15. Have been married 16 years this year and together 19!

I work P/T in a FE at TC which I hate and am leaving in 3 months.I will be going to work P/T in the primary school my children attended as a classroom assistant.

We are going to Orlando this October,it will be our 5th trip.After this it will be October 2004:(

Have made some true and real friends on DIS,many I've been lucky enough to meet.

What a relief to be able to tell DH I might be mad (and sad!) but I'm not alone.........for this I thank you all;)

Great, another excuse to talk about myself (blushes here).

I'm Greg, 34 now and work for the Govt in I.T, well it keeps me busy between visiting places fixing things and constantly re-designing web sites...

Live with my Dad, he loves Florida as much as me if not more so, he adores the sun.

Been to Florida about 9 times in the past 10 years and to California once.

Single but still looking, you never know...

Found the site by accident but since then have bought Simons latest book, even after so many years, still find lots of stuff to do.

Ciao

Greg

:cool:

Hi i havent been on these boards for ages.

Im Tracey 28 and am married to Max 30. We have been to WDW once last year for our honeymoon and absolutely fell in love with the place.

No kids just two cats Wexford(hence the user name) and Baileys who are 6 year old tabbys and brother and sister.

I am in desperate need of a Disney fix, but Max is starting up his own business this year so WDW is unaffordable at the mo.

So to get my fix im taking my 7 year old niece to DLP in september staying at Sequia Lodge.

Im mad on Pooh Bear and all his friends and collect snowglobes especially Disney ones.

Oh i forgott im an Accountant and Max is a Graphic Designer and qualified level 3 squash coach.

We live here in Suffolk right by the sea.
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi everyone,

My name is sharon, I live in Coventry, I'm 32 years young (for 1 more week), and work as an Office Manager for a secuirty company, I only became a member last week when a friend gave me your address site, seeing as we are both going with our families in October we thought it would be a good idea to have a look at different sites and I'm hooked on this one, spent 6 hours on Thursday last week printing different things off.

My DH is Stephen who is 34 and we have 2 sons Billy who is 9 and Jack who is 17 months and a complete and utter nutter, he looks like his dad but for his sins he must have my personallity, mad as a hatter and twice as daring.
I have been to WDW on 3 previous occassions, August 1997 was my first for our honeymoon, which I must state I did not want to go to Florida but I have been hooked since I seen the MK Castle (just a big kid at heart) then because we never took Billy on honeymoon with us I felt guilty and so we returned February 1998 staying at the Caribean Beach Hotel, then again in June 1999.

Unfortunately we haven't been since then, having a baby kept me occupied , but everything is booked for October this year. We are staying at Southern Dunes Villa Complex for a change and I cannot wait, not looking forward to flight seeing as we have to stop at Atlanta first and then onto Orlando but as long as we get there in one piece who cares.

Have Fun !!!!

l am Margie 44 married to Frankie my toy boy DH who is 42 and we have been married for 20 years+75 days :D

We have Three Children Daniel who is 18 in August , Emma 15 and David 12.

We are all looking forward to our second trip to Dis in April 2003:D :D :D :D :D :D

:bounce: bump :bounce:

Seen a few new faces recently who might be interested in posting or reading this :)

Penny :)

Hi! I'm Fiona (35) originally from Nottingham married to DH (who just happens to work with SimonV ;)) for 15 years and have 2 sons (aka 'the Herberts') 7 & 4.

First went to DL in 1986 when my b/f (now DH ;) ) surprised me by proposing. Since then have been back to DL in 1996 as part of a Superbowl trip (yeehaw Cowboys!), WDW 4 times, DLP 2 times and finally managed to get to Tokyo Disneyland this year as part of our World Cup holiday!

DH got me hooked on the USA so we have made it one of our targets to visit all 50 States. So far managed 46 - only have Oregon, Washington State, Hawaii and Alaska to go which we will hopefully do in the next couple of years. We always try to go and see a couple of American football or Baseball games whilst we are out there as I'm a Cowboys and Bronco's fans and DH is a Green Bay Packers and Steelers fan. We also support the Texas Longhorns as a college team. We both have a soft spot for the Boston Red Sox as Fenway Park was the first Baseball experience for both of us.

Given half the chance we would buy a property out in there - probably in Austin, Tx and spend 6 months of the year chilling out. Roll on retirement!!!

Managed to go to the Essex meet last year where I met a few more DIS buddies!

Hoping to get back to WDW in 2004. Then I guess it will have to be the new Disney park in Hong Kong a few years after that!
But I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze the odd trip or two to DLP in the meantime ;)

Bye Y'awll!

Hi Y'all,

My name is Paul (46)........married to DW Helen (Pooh-Stick, when I can get her to post).......Helen is a Pooh Nutter
fruit.gif
I made the mistake of asking her many years ago not to buy cheap ornaments....then along came Pooh.....boy, am I regreting saying that
ring-inc.gif

I work in IT at a rather (in)famous building in Swanwick, near Southampton. Quite closely attached to the Holiday Industry.....Any wiser yet??....

Helen(41) is a....(better get this right).....Senior Operating Department Practitioner in a Portsmouth hospital.

We have been married 12 years this 01/09....we both love the US...as well as Florida we have driven around California and Nevada (2000) and we celebrated DW's 40th July 2001 in NYNY

My second fav place in the US after Florida is the BIG KIDS playground....Vegas.

I better not forget to mention the Master of our House, Elwood. He is a black and white moggy who is the spitting image of "Felix" the cat food moggy. He was named after one of the "Blue's Brothers" he used to have a brother "Jake", unfortunately he is no longer with us.

I have to say that this Board has certainly got a wealth of Knowledge within it and its members. I've been involved with other boards, not Disney related, and they have all tended to end up in slanging matches. This board is certainly a breath of fresh air.

3 days to go YYYEEEAAA...

Have a great day,

Paul :cool:

Hello ;)

I'm Beth, (21),Engaged to Martin who is 24,we have a little girl Chelsea-Marie who is 3, + 2 new additons Bob and Wendy (off bob the builder) they are fishys! lol + a chowchow called yogibear!

We run a car valeting business,and we live nr manchester.

I found the site through someone off another site,and ive never looked back,everyone on here is so helpful and i cant believe how you all know so much! lol im such a learner! :rolleyes:

We went on our first ever trip to america (orlando) on the 23rd june!, we did a fly drive (but with prebooked hotels),and we went to orlando,st petes,and naples and miami...we had a fab time and we all want to go back so much,even DD who keeps asking "when is the plane picking us up mummy" "can we go back to mick mick land" lol so we will soon go back,i am twisting dp;s arm to go back at xmas! so u never know! ;)

Well thats it about is :p

Beth,& Family :jester:

My turn? Well, my name is Graeme - living (existing?) in the North West, in what was a very nice bachelor pad until the GF moved in! Soon to be 29, I am the IT Director for a publishing house. Hobbies and interests - films, books, cooking, anything travel related, Disney, horse riding...

First visited Disney World in 1985, and have returned to Florida well over a dozen times since.

Next trip is at the end of September and if all goes to plan I will be staying at DLP over Christmas.

Hi

I am Sarah and I am fast approaching 32, I live with my partner of 11 years Gerry (39) and we have 3 kids Gerard (7), Sarah-Louise (4) and Sophie (2).

I work as a public relations officer for an authority which deals with most school,college and vocational qualifications in Scotland. Gerry is about to retrain to become a stonemason - once he qualifies in two years time we hope to move to the states as there is a great demand for sonemasons there. (My brother is just waiting for final go ahead with visa so he can move to Albany, NY but it has taken around about 1 year so far)

Gerry first visited Disney the year before we met and since then we have been four times. Our next visit is June 2003, then after that we are currently arguing (for 2004) whether to visit Disneyland, Ca (one week in Anaheim & one week in San Diego) or to spend 3 weeks at an onsite in Florida and just do Disney (we normally visit the Universal/Busch parks).

Whichever choice we hope to (finally) get married when we are there

Hi everyone,

My name's Paul. I'm 36 (but would look about 26 if the grey hair didnt keep appearing!), and I live int he beautiful, scenic hamlet of Dagenham in Essex (sarcasm mode now off), right now I'm between jobs :(. I'm a self confessed pc geek, and will be hopefully taking a certified course soon. sad when it doesnt matter what you know, and a piece of paper could beat you to a new position.

I first went to WDW in 1989. We stayed a week at the Delta court of flags and a week in Fort Lauderdale. Thankfully that was then...now 7 days is just impossible in Orlando. Went with my father then, before he passed away a few years ago, and we both fell in love with Orlando, and began our regular trips.

I'm single and these days holiday over there with my sister and her husband, who also adore the place.

Now I'm just waiting til I win the lottery so I can buy a nice place over there!

Paul

Hi, my name's Graham, aged 34. Married to Paula (35) for five years, we have a daughter, Charlotte(2), and I have a son Sam(15), from my previous marriage.

We are both from the Midlands, Bedworth for me and Lichfield for Paula. I work as an IT consultant, presently on contract with BSkyB in Scotland. I will be crossing over to be a BSkyB employee at some point as we enjoy living up here so much.

Our first visit, in March 1999, was booked 3 days before we left, all the information we needed was in Simon's book. Totally hooked so we all booked for Xmas 2000 in Jan 2000. Started visiting the UKDIS shortly after booking and saved £££££ thanks to all on both sites. We've just moved house so we were consolidating for a while, but we've decided we can hold out no longer and have set Sept 2003 as our next trip. MIL and FIL have been with us on both trips, firstly in the Howard Johnson Hawiian Court, then in the Omni Rosen. The next trip will be in a villa for 3 weeks, 2 weeks for all followed by a week by ourselves.

Hi everyone, I'm Lol (Laurence) and am married to Maggie, both 45, we have a daughter Holly (17). Maggie is a nurse and I own a company selling vintage comics, trading cards and movie memorabilia. We've been going to Florida since 1987 and return again for the 7th time on November 3rd (can't come soon enough!). We've also been to New England and Texas but it's Florida that we keep returning to!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Toni (32) married to DH Stephen (34) we live in SE London with 3 cats Kadfeal, Milo and FizzGig
We first went to WDW in Oct '99 for our first Wedding Aniversary (Cos we counldn't manage it as a honeymoon)
I suprised the DH with a week in WDW for Oct '01 which was brillianat for the look on his face when we landed!
We started pin collecting in '99 but not many people were willing to trade then, the difference in '01 was amazing. We really enjoy pin trading but we both love halloween. Even more going on with IOA:HHN, BG:HOS and WDW:MNSSHP we are going to run out of time again!
We are planning out next trip in Oct '04 :( , But that will be our first trip on property:cool:
We are hoping to visit DLRP sometimes before xmas, but in the mean time we are busy planning a central london pin meet, which seems very popular

Regards to all

Toni & Steve
aka raksha & 626stitich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter