Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beer cheese soup is easy to make and really yummy...I'm going to hop over there and see if they have the recipe for the Mac-n-Cheese at Le Cellier! YUM!

And the puffed french toast is to die for, and dangerously easy to make!! I've made it several times at home, but having the "real one" for the first time in a few weeks at Crystal Palace! :thumbsup2

OMG What memories you just brought back to me with that comment ............When DH and I were married our Best Man and Maid of Honor tagged along , spur of the minute, we were only driving up to Vermont for like 4 days , so there we were having a final well wishes drink ready to go and Our friends suggested coming with us ...they could drive, well crazy us said ok, the funny thing was my girlfriend had to call in sick like 3 days, Larry must not have been working at the time I do not recall him having to call in sick to work, so you see you could tag along on your brothers honeymoon :lmao:

That would seriously be soo fun if I could do that! I could be their tour guide! :lmao: I don't think the sis-in-law would like that very much :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

When is this place ever open? It seems like every time we go there it is closed! Its like they know Im coming! We will be there in December, will it be open then? I know it says seasonal opening....which season?!?!?!?:rotfl:

I honestly have no idea! The last I've heard it was open was during the Holiday season when it's crazy busy there...someone else may know better though.. :confused3

Leshaface, I love allrecipes.com!!! I also love the Food Network site for recipes, and the All Ears site for Disney recipes. I have made several Disney recipes...puffed french toast (trying the REAL thing at Crystal Palace next month!), Tonga Toast from Kona, pot roast from 50s Prime Time, cream cheese mashed potatoes from Le Cellier, and corn bread from Whispering Canyon (also having the real one next month!!).

I still need to try a few things from the Disney recipes! The only thing i've ever made was Jiko's Mac and Cheese...wasn't as good as theirs but it was still good! Mmmm I would LOVE to try and make the Tonga Toast! I'm just worried i'm going to mess it up so bad that i'll never want it again! :rotfl:

I will definitely help when you plan a trip to NYC. I remember that Home Alone movie...my sister and I went to the brunch at the Plaza 5 years ago. I took her there for her 30th birthday. Actually, she took me there for the afternoon high tea when I got married too, but that was almost 9 years ago!

The walk across the Brooklyn Bridge is wonderful! I have taken many of my Italian classes on day trips through the years, walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, then walking into Little Italy and eating at an Italian restaurant or going to a Street Fair there (they call it a "Feast") if one was going on! The kids always have such a great time!!! :goodvibes

That would be sooo fun! I would love to do this!!

your reviews, both for the content and style. Thank you for posting them.

Thanks Hootch!! :)

also find many Disney recipes in a thread on this board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

Holy moly that's quite an index there!!! :lmao: I love it! Thanks Hootch!

send us prayers and good thoughts!!!!

DH just called me and said he has an interview for a PE teacher at a great High School on Wednesday!!! :banana:

This would seriously mean the WORLD to him! And me too! ;) He's worked so hard for so long with no pay, so this job would definitely brighten his spirits!

But I would soooo appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sending us your prayers and thoughts for him! There's not much available over here, and it's really tough right now...

Human resources told him that he would find out that same day if he gets the job, so there will be no waiting period, which is great!

Plus, this would make for a MUCH better trip when we head out to PA in a little over a week!!!! :cool1:

Oh Lesha, I hope your DH gets that job!!!! Prayers and pixie dust headed his way! :wizard:

p.s. I'm working my way through your TR and just got to your birthday...actually OUR birthday since we're both March 31st babies!
I knew you felt like a sister!
:earsgirl:

Oh Lesha, I hope your DH gets that job!!!! Prayers and pixie dust headed his way! :wizard:

p.s. I'm working my way through your TR and just got to your birthday...actually OUR birthday since we're both March 31st babies!
I knew you felt like a sister!
:earsgirl:

Thank you sooo much! This would be a HUGE stress reliever!

Omgosh, I don't know ANYONE that shares my birthday!!! :cool1: Heck yes, a Disney Sister!!! :rotfl2: I've always wanted one!! :laughing:

DH just called me and said he has an interview for a PE teacher at a great High School on Wednesday!!! :banana:

This would seriously mean the WORLD to him! And me too! ;) He's worked so hard for so long with no pay, so this job would definitely brighten his spirits!

But I would soooo appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sending us your prayers and thoughts for him! There's not much available over here, and it's really tough right now...

Human resources told him that he would find out that same day if he gets the job, so there will be no waiting period, which is great!

Plus, this would make for a MUCH better trip when we head out to PA in a little over a week!!!! :cool1:

I will definitely pray for your DH to get that job!!! And yes, you would have a lot to celebrate in PA!!! Here's some pixie dust coming your way!!!!! pixiedust:

And how about a little cheer.....Lesha's DH, he's so grand, if he can't do it no one can! :cheer2:

Oh I wish DH the best of luck, will keep my fingers crossed for him , my DS just got a job Fri after being layed off for close to a year :goodvibes

I'll happily add your DH to my prayers :thumbsup2. Crossing my fingers (and toes :scared1:) for you guys :woohoo:.

i've been lurking... but i will keep my fingers crossed for you and your hubby!!! i know what its like to want that perfect job and not being able to find it anywhere!..

good luck hubby!! :cool1:

Right now someone in Scotland (me! :) ) is thinking of you and your DH and saying a prayer that he gets good news at the interview. Loads of pixie dust is winging it's way across the atlantic to you both. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Best of luck! I'm so glad to hear that, with the way they are slashing jobs in LA Unified, I'm so glad that he has an opportunity!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Pixiedust for both of you! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the positive words and prayers! :goodvibes

Eeek, tomorrow can't come soon enough!! :hyper:

I don't want to get too excited, just in case, but I can't help it! :laughing:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update on DH status yesterday...just got really busy!

So anyways, he went to his interview, and there were 3 other guys interviewing for the same position. When DH called me after the interview, he sounded really confident that his interview went really well, and they like that he already has experience in coaching both Baseball and Football, so that was a plus..

But remember what I've told y'all about DH...he tends to be more on the pessimistic side of things, so about an hour or two after the interview, his outlook on the interview completely changed, which then makes me nervous because I'm feeding off his reaction since that's all I have..I wasn't there to actually see how the interview went. He could have been absolutely fantastic during the interview but he's truly doubting himself now.

He's nervous because one of the people interviewing knew everyone on the staff, and has experiece, but he's a little older, like close to 50. Then DH met the other person, and he had cancer, which just made DH feel so bad. Like maybe he needs the job more for insurance purposes and he probably has a family to care for (he was a little older than DH, like 30ish). My DH really cares about other people and constantly thinks of others before himself, so he felt selfish going in there interviewing. I love him :lovestruc

So apparently he misunderstood the info about finding out that day...a few of his friends that he was getting his credential with, told them on the spot if they got the job or not, but was not the case for him, because he overheard the first interview at the end, and told him that they would contact via phone or email if he got the job, and that's what they told my DH as well.

So what we're looking for is a phone call, NOT an email! :lmao: I just hate seeing all the hard work my DH has done to try to provide for us, and it not working out for him. But we do know, that god will provide for us, and if he doesn't get this, it's because there's another job that's PERFECT for him down the line...we just have to be patient and live everyday one day at a time..

I'm very appreciative from all the support from my friends here on the Dis :cloud9: I don't have many friends I can talk to about this, so i'm glad that I can be able to talk about how I'm feeling through the boards.

Continued prayers and good thoughts still please, since we're not completely out of the running yet!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update on DH status yesterday...just got really busy!

So anyways, he went to his interview, and there were 3 other guys interviewing for the same position. When DH called me after the interview, he sounded really confident that his interview went really well, and they like that he already has experience in coaching both Baseball and Football, so that was a plus..

But remember what I've told y'all about DH...he tends to be more on the pessimistic side of things, so about an hour or two after the interview, his outlook on the interview completely changed, which then makes me nervous because I'm feeding off his reaction since that's all I have..I wasn't there to actually see how the interview went. He could have been absolutely fantastic during the interview but he's truly doubting himself now.

He's nervous because one of the people interviewing knew everyone on the staff, and has experiece, but he's a little older, like close to 50. Then DH met the other person, and he had cancer, which just made DH feel so bad. Like maybe he needs the job more for insurance purposes and he probably has a family to care for (he was a little older than DH, like 30ish). My DH really cares about other people and constantly thinks of others before himself, so he felt selfish going in there interviewing. I love him :lovestruc

So apparently he misunderstood the info about finding out that day...a few of his friends that he was getting his credential with, told them on the spot if they got the job or not, but was not the case for him, because he overheard the first interview at the end, and told him that they would contact via phone or email if he got the job, and that's what they told my DH as well.

So what we're looking for is a phone call, NOT an email! :lmao: I just hate seeing all the hard work my DH has done to try to provide for us, and it not working out for him. But we do know, that god will provide for us, and if he doesn't get this, it's because there's another job that's PERFECT for him down the line...we just have to be patient and live everyday one day at a time..

I'm very appreciative from all the support from my friends here on the Dis :cloud9: I don't have many friends I can talk to about this, so i'm glad that I can be able to talk about how I'm feeling through the boards.

Continued prayers and good thoughts still please, since we're not completely out of the running yet!

Hang in there, you will know soon enough! Good thoughts, prayers and picie dust coming your way!! :wizard:

You are absolutely right about one thing...if he does not get this job then it means that there is a better one waiting for him!

Story for you...when my DH was trying to get back into teaching (he left for a few years to work as a massage therapist), the Phys. Ed. & Health Dept. of the school I was in was interested in hiring him. But then there were tons of budget cuts and he didn't get the job. Plus there were issues with his license taking extra long for the state to approve so he ended up staying a massage therapist for another year. Then he got the job he has now and things worked out. I then became pregnant with our little one. When I was 25 weeks along, I had a terrible asthma attack at work and it was because of all the construction they had been doing on the building. I had met with the principal (who was new) several times over the course of 2 months because I was having trouble with my asthma and I was certain it was from all the dust. Well, one day they had to take me out of there by ambulance to the E/R and I needed 3 nebulizer treatments. My asthma is normally under control so this was absurd. My doctor told me I couldn't go back into that building until after I had the baby. Our union was wonderful and set up an accommodation for me to work temporarily in another school. As it turns out, that is the school where I currently teach!

So, some good came out of some bad. No, my DH did not get the job at my old school like he thought he would, but how awkward would it have been if we were both working there and then I left to go somewhere else? Yes, I had a terrible ordeal with the asthma and it was very scary but thank goodness everything turned out fine with the pregnancy, the baby was fine, I was fine in the long run, and I ended up at a wonderful school!!! :)

Hang in there, you will know soon enough! Good thoughts, prayers and picie dust coming your way!! :wizard:

You are absolutely right about one thing...if he does not get this job then it means that there is a better one waiting for him!

Story for you...when my DH was trying to get back into teaching (he left for a few years to work as a massage therapist), the Phys. Ed. & Health Dept. of the school I was in was interested in hiring him. But then there were tons of budget cuts and he didn't get the job. Plus there were issues with his license taking extra long for the state to approve so he ended up staying a massage therapist for another year. Then he got the job he has now and things worked out. I then became pregnant with our little one. When I was 25 weeks along, I had a terrible asthma attack at work and it was because of all the construction they had been doing on the building. I had met with the principal (who was new) several times over the course of 2 months because I was having trouble with my asthma and I was certain it was from all the dust. Well, one day they had to take me out of there by ambulance to the E/R and I needed 3 nebulizer treatments. My asthma is normally under control so this was absurd. My doctor told me I couldn't go back into that building until after I had the baby. Our union was wonderful and set up an accommodation for me to work temporarily in another school. As it turns out, that is the school where I currently teach!

So, some good came out of some bad. No, my DH did not get the job at my old school like he thought he would, but how awkward would it have been if we were both working there and then I left to go somewhere else? Yes, I had a terrible ordeal with the asthma and it was very scary but thank goodness everything turned out fine with the pregnancy, the baby was fine, I was fine in the long run, and I ended up at a wonderful school!!! :)

My goodness that's horrible about the Asthma attack! :eek: And 3 nubulizer treatments??

Thanks for that story. And you're right...sometimes good comes out of bad. I'm just really hoping if this job is not for him, that he won't get the email, the day BEFORE the trip :sad2: Then he'll be stuck on the plane constantly thinking of what he should have done/said, and will only be thinking about job hunting once he gets internet access. On the other hand, this will put everyone in such a great mood if he found out before the trip or even while we're in PA! :cloud9:

He deserves all the best in the world and would hate to see him disappointed.

I know he's feeling the pressure though...because this determines if we buy or rent a house...

Right now we've been staying with my mom for the past two years ever since we moved back from Long Beach. So it's a little difficult going from being on your own in, then moving back in with your parents.

Here's a little of my story people don't know about me:

February 25, 2007 my dad was back in PA visiting his father who was not doing well, and everyone knew he was about to pass, so my dad went back to be with him during his last days and to take care of his mom(my grandma). On this morning about 1015am, my cell phone was ringing and it was from home. I knew something was wrong because it was a sunday morning and everyone(my brother and mom) has church at 10am (my brother was living with my parents at this time). When I answered, it was my brother sobbing and my mom screaming in the background. He said, "Alicia, papaharold just died! but that's not it...Dad just died too!" Needless to say, I went hysterical, my DH was furious and upset thinking this was a sick joke, and when we found it was true, we made a beeline back to our hometown (3 hours away)...fast forward, I wanted to finish school in Long Beach as quick as I could so I could move back home and take care of my mom, so we got our degrees in two years (taking 18-19 units every semester) and graduated from CSULB in 2008 and moved back immediately after graduation.

So now here we are two years later, still living with my mom (who is doing MUCH better now...she was really bad at the beginning), and we think now is the best time to move out.

Sorry for my rambling, I think it just makes more sense if I explained from the beginning why this job is so important to him. He's been getting his Masters while we were living with my mom (I was too but absolutely hated the school), so he hasn't been able to 'fully' work for the past two years. And like I said, this determines if we rent or buy, which we REALLY want to buy, since now is the best time! Being a substitute, realtors won't consider his subbing work as a 'real' job, so it would be very difficult for us to buy, because we wouldn't be approved for a big loan.

Pheww.....sorry that was EXHAUSTING! I need some lunch now!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter