Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you two sound Amazing and I hope things work out for your husband's job search!

:goodvibes Thanks so much!!

What a great report! Thanks so much for all of the time you have put into it. I have really enjoyed getting to know you!
I'm looking forward to hearing wonderful things about your husband's job.
:cheer2:

Thank you!

Lol, I also look forward to hearing about DH's jobs too! :lmao:

Sorry to hear about the job that really sucks, but at least there's a bright side and he'll get the other one!:goodvibes Hope you guys have a blast on vacation!

Exactly!

Oh and we did have a blast, except for at the very end...:mad: I'll tell you about it in my next post..

I really enjoyed your dining reviews and pics!!:cheer2: Thanks for sharing!

Oh you're so welcome! :banana:

Can teachers draw unemployment in Cali? If so, I hope your husband has filed. You don't have to wait until your last paycheck...since you're getting paid for work you've already completed. Tell him to file if he hasn't! I'll be keeping him in my prayers. Hope this new job is the one for him!

You know, I'm not sure...I'll certainly ask him though. I'm not even sure Substitutes can get unemployment..Thanks for keeping him in your prayers!

So sorry to hear about your DH's interview! Teaching really is a tough market right now. I'm a teacher and have a full time job as an aide but I'm still looking for a full time teaching position. I'm sure he will find something even better!!! Sending some pixie dust your way!

We just got back from our trip and we ate at some of the restaurants you reviewed and loved them! Right now, I'm just getting started on my 1st ever TR, linked in my signature, so we'll see how that goes! We ate at Boma, Sci Fi, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, and Citricos.

Oh, I also have to tell you, I got the Dooney & Bourke Disney purse and it was thanks partly to you! I hadn't known about it until I saw your pics of it and when we were at the AKL gift shop my DH insisted on getting it for me for our 5 year anniversary! :love: I love it, and him! :lmao:

Hope all goes well for you and your DH!

Thanks for the pixie dust!

I'm so glad that you started a TR! I'll definitely head over there and check it out! :thumbsup2

Oh gosh! I hope I didn't get you in trouble! Are you sure you shouldn't be beating me up, instead of thanking me!?! :rotfl2:

Btw, Happy Anniversary! Our's is coming up on July 21! 4 years!

I'M BAAAACCK! :cool1:

So our trip back East was awesome!!!

Weather was actually not what we expected at all! It was a high of 77 on Thurs the 1st and a high of like 82(if that) on the 2nd! So that Thurs we went to Hershey and of course loved it! Still didn't get a chance to ride Fahrenheit, but we'll do it next time I suppose!

Friday, the 2nd, we headed over to Washington DC which was sooo neat! I had posted on the budge board, about things we can do in one day, and everyone was right...there's no way you can see all that you want to see in one day! This is what we saw/did:

-took pics in front of the Capital
-Botanical Gardens
-ate at the Native American museum
-checked out the two art museums right across the way from the Native american museum
-Smithsonian Castle
-Natural History museum
-Holocaust museum (tour was sold out, so we did all that we could inside)
-tried to get into Ford's theater, but it closed right as we got there
-Went to Arlington Cemetery and watched the last Changing of the Guard ceremony for the day (at least for the public)

We did all this from Noon to 7:00pm, so not too bad...but would love to spend more time here next time!

Okay, the worst part of the trip...Denver was our layover coming home, but turns out there was a huge thunderstorm that night, so we had to land in Lincoln Nebraska for about 2-2/12 hours just sitting on the plane watching a movie :headache: We then got cleared to head to Denver, but we then had to circle around for about 20 mins before touching ground...and as soon as we got off the plane, we ran to see what was going on with our final flight out of denver to fresno..and of course it had already taken off. So we had to get in a HUGE line to talk to Flight agents about rebooking...

So we waited about an hour or more to talk to an agent..turns out the next flight available out to Fresno wasn't until 6:30 pm...the NEXT DAY! It was now 10pm at night (we technically should have been home already had there been no disruptions.) We were placed on standby for the 12pm flight, but we knew there was no way we were going to get on that flight (there were four of us, and we were numbers 2, 3, 4, 5)

We were exhausted had no clean clothes (except for me, because I went over my checked luggage by about two pounds and stuffed clothes in to my carryon) so we checked into a hotel for about 5 hours and woke up early the next morning to try and see if there were any spots available for the 12 flight..no luck..so we waited around the airport for another 6 hours until our 'real' flight came...

Yup, that was the worst part of the trip! :lmao:

OH, and while we were getting ready to leave the hotel, DH got a call from a school about 20 mins away for an interview on Wednesday the 14th!!! :cool1: So that definitely perked me and DH (not necessarily my bro and sis-in-law :laughing:) But we were happy!

So now we'll see what happens next week! We're definitely not hyping ourselves up, the way we were for the last interview, so we're taking it easy on talking about this interview. But continued prayers and pixie dust is still wanted/needed!

Hiiiiii mama!!! Soooo glad you had a great time on the East Coast!!!!! I wanna hear more about Hershey!!! We've never been and it sounds so fun! WOW that is a HELLLL STORY of a return trip. Sooo sorry about that, BOO!! But YAY about DH's interview!! I'm praying for you guys!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I love your trip report and restaurant reviews! Awesome! :cool1:

Have you posted your #2 and #1 favorite signature restaurants yet? I looked and didn't see them. I want to make sure that I do not miss them!

Hiiiiii mama!!! Soooo glad you had a great time on the East Coast!!!!! I wanna hear more about Hershey!!! We've never been and it sounds so fun! WOW that is a HELLLL STORY of a return trip. Sooo sorry about that, BOO!! But YAY about DH's interview!! I'm praying for you guys!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Heellllooooo! (ever watch the seinfeld episode where jerry thinks his gf's stomach says hello to him?! :lmao:)

Anyways, i'm surprised you haven't been to Hershey since you're over in that general location! It's wonderful! Especially when you go on the Chocolate tour..you get a little treat at the end! :cloud9: if you into thrill rides, you'll love this park! Plus it has a good sized Zoo AND a waterpark all included in your ticket! :banana:

Yeah, the end of our trip was horrendous!! :headache: Oh well, it's over and done with, phew! :laughing:

Eeek, DH has another interview later that same day!! :cool1: I hope something good comes out of any of his interview tomorrow!!

Oh, and I was only able to read half of your first day on your TR :rolleyes1...sorry I haven't read more..i'll be over there today, since I'll have time to read!! :cool1: :yay:

I love your trip report and restaurant reviews! Awesome! :cool1:

Have you posted your #2 and #1 favorite signature restaurants yet? I looked and didn't see them. I want to make sure that I do not miss them!

I'm so glad you like my dining TR!

:upsidedow I actually haven't done my #2 yet...ugh, so embarrassed now! :rotfl: I need to wrap it up pronto! I was away on vacation for a little over a week, and before that I was stressing off DH's job interview, and NOW i'm stressing again over his other interviews tomorrow!

This weekend i'll be gone camping :-)woohoo:) so hopefully i can do one before I leave this weekend!

So in addition to DH's interview that he has tomorrow, he got a call yesterday for ANOTHER position for a school that's closer to us! :cool1: So he has an interview tomorrow at 830am and another at 145pm! DH is feeling more confident now...I think it's because he knows what they are going to ask him, plus he feels more wanted (now that he has two schools asking him to interview) so hopefully this will boost his esteem a little! Prayers please! :flower3:

On another note, we'll be going camping with DH's brother and sis-in-law this weekend! Yay! I'm so excited! Haven't gone camping in two years! We'll be camping up in the Sequoias so hopefully it will be nice and cool up there, compared to down here (105 yesterday :headache:)

I posted over on the budget board, but maybe I can get some answers here too.

I need some good camping meals and essentials...we won't have an RV so no stove/oven, but we'll have a fire, and the grill part that goes over the fire, so it makes a little stove. There will be 8 of us (their four kids are going too :cutie:) so we need some stretching ideas...

Plus any essentials like those scentinela candles and bug spray...what else do I need??

Trying to catch up with everything. Sounds like it has been a roller coaster ride lately with DH's job search! Sending pixiedust: and positive thoughts about the two interviews tomorrow!

As for camping, do you guys have a dutch oven? They are really great for making so many items, including one pot dishes that include everything and can feed a larger crowd! If you have one, there are some great recipes all over the internet I use when camping with the scouts. They really like the chicken pot pie recipe, and there are so many others that are easy to fix.

As for avoiding bugs, we have used the new Off repellent that hangs on your belt. The repellent is inside, and there is a little fan that spreads it out from you to keep the bugs away. Some of my scouts had these last year and they worked really well. Just make sure you have plenty of the refills so they don't run out on you!

SOOOO great that DH has TWO interviews today!!! Prayers for him!!!

I hope you guys have a good time camping!! I can't be of too much help in that department, but I hope you enjoy yourselves!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

we always kept it simple when I went camping as a kid. Burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and cereal kinda stuff. As far as essentials I would def go with bug spray but also toilet paper!:rotfl2: also you'll want silverware, plates, cups & some Advil, being without your bed you might get a little sore. Sounds like tons of fun though. (on a side note) I was talking with my niece last weekend about a camping trip we're planning in the fall, and we both realized ere in FL we're backwards from everyone else! Most people do all there outdoorsy things in the summer, but here it's just to hot so we all go in the winter. Theres no snow but still cool enough to make S'mores in front of a fire :thumbsup2 Well have fun, it will be fun to get away for a few days!

DON'T COOK DIRECTLY ON THE GRATE OVER THE FIRE!!!! Ok so I use to go camping a lot when I was younger with my parents and one of the first things we did was get rid of the grate because people pee on it! not even joking.

If a guy needs to put out the fire what do you think they would do??? Go get water or use their own hose? But that's just my opinion.

Make sure you have a few different flashlights, newspaper to start a fire with, if anyone has a small bbq that would be very helpful, a bucket to wash your dishes in....umm that's all the odd stuff i can think of right now.

Have fun!

DH GOT A JOB!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :worship: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :)

He got a call late afternoon yesterday from the first interview he had on Wednesday...he's signing a contract on Tuesday!!!!

Sorry I didn't tell you guys yesterday...in between packing for our camping trip and celebrating DH's success, I've been swamped!!!

I haven't even told any of my friends so you guys are the first to know, since it seems that you folks know me better than my friends do now!

I just wanted to thank everyone for your prayers, motivating words, and pixie dust! We're VERY thankful that he was able to get a job...hopefully now we'll be able to 'officially' start our lives (looking for a home, talking about kids :-)eek:), etc)!

So now I'm off to finish packing for camping...seriously a great way to start a camping trip!

Thanks again friends! :flower3:

Thanks everyone!!!

DH signed his contract yesterday and he's soooo stoked on getting started! He starts on Monday ALREADY!

I shouldn't get ahead of myself but he showed me his work schedule...he gets a FULL week off the second week of every October for no reason...guess it's called Fall Break which is different from Thanksgiving break (where he gets another full week off)....well we LOVE the Food and Wine Festival over here at Disney's California Adventure, but it's NOTHING compared to Epcot's F & W (from what we read/hear).....soooooooooooo :rotfl:

How are the crowds and heat the second week of October??? :rotfl2: I know, CRAZY to even think about another trip, but we never EVER thought we'd have a chance to partake in the festival, and now that we have a glimmer of hope, why not, right?? :confused3 :lmao:

Obviously we wouldn't go this year (but i'm DYING inside to start planning for this year :love:), but this allows us to explore our options! Would love your input please!!! :worship:

This one was HARD.

A lot of you may be surprised that this is Number 2 and not Number 1. But my Number 1 restaurant that I have in mind REALLY sticks out as most memorable and special to me.

My second favorite restaurant is…

California Grill

:cool1:

This restaurant has always won the hearts of many Disers. And it won mine as well!

Highlights:

Location – Could you be ANY closer to the one and only Magic Kingdom!? Love that you’re able to walk to the MK after a nice dinner to watch Wishes, or perhaps, just watch it from the CR itself! Which, if you remember, we did the latter, and it was GLORIOUS! :wizard: Being able to see the castle in it’s glory, while the fireworks illuminate from above…so romantic and surprisingly quiet (there’s always chatter going on when watching it from right in front of the castle) but when we were up there on the viewing deck, everyone was so silent. It was amazing and breathtaking.

Beef ravioli – they could have just brought me out a dish of their ravioli and I would have been satisified. Seriously. It was bananas good! :banana: I was definitely a pig at this meal! Like I stated in my TR, the meal was super cohesive and delicious!:cloud9:

Environment – it had a very relaxed feel, while maintaining the spirit of an upper-class restaurant . The tables were far enough apart that you weren’t sitting on your fellow diners or eavesdropping on their convo. Décor is classy and refined and is the CR itself! One day I’ll stay here! Magic Kingdom view only please! :lmao:

Ok first of all, CONGRATS ON DH GETTING A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second of all, SUPER CONGRATS ON HIS FREEBIE WEEK OFF IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!! October is a great time to go. It's definitely hot, but not crazy. It can be rainy at times because it's the end of hurricane season, but other than that I've heard it's a great time to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter