Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Madness 5/23/23 times?

Is it still? We are staying at SSR and they cleared our pools here due to the lightening.
Sorry, I put my phone in a locker after we got there so just now saw this message.
Surprisingly, they kept the event going even through there was pretty frequent lightning in the distance with light rain. I feel like they close the resort pools when there’s the slightest sound thunder so I was really surprised they never closed the water park.
We stayed until around 10, and there were still a decent amount of people left in the park.
Overall it seemed to be a very nice event. They gave out reusable plastic drink cups that glow in the dark to be used for the fountain drinks in the park. Also, they had Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches, fruit bar popsicles. They also had several stations with popcorn and apple slices. They had a DJ and dance party right around the wave pool beach. I didn’t see any characters but didn’t really seek them out. Also, I don’t think they handed out any maps of the treats or events.
Overall, it was a lot of fun even with the weather not being so ideal. The turnout was more then I expected especially considering the rain.

My teenage kids had a good time. We did good for a while, but the weather definitely dampened (no pun intended) the fun for us. I also was surprised that they continued the event with all the lightning in the area, but no issues from it.

We went around 7 last night and hoped for the best. It rained the entire time but it wasn't terrible since you are already wet. We were shocked that they didn't cancel it due to the weather as well. I felt so bad for the CMs and tried to thank as many as I could. The drinks and snacks were plentiful. I did see a few people come in plain clothes just to fill bags with snacks and leave but that was a very slim minority. Everyone seemed to just be making the most of it and having fun. We really didn't wait for anything, maybe 5 minutes for crush n gusher, once out of the 4 times we rode it. We rode everything multiple times in about 3 hours, with breaks for grabbing snacks and drinks. So all in all it was a great night despite the weather.

facebook twitter