Typhoon Lagoon - full day?

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
We're planning on spending some time at TL. Has anyone spent the entire day? I'm thinking from about 10-2 and then call it quits. Honestly, I'm not sure my family would last the whole day.

It really depends on your family! We've enjoyed 6-7 hours there already, but we have also been there when it's either too busy or perhaps too hot, and we were ready to head back to an air conditioned room by 2:00!

We're planning on spending some time at TL. Has anyone spent the entire day? I'm thinking from about 10-2 and then call it quits. Honestly, I'm not sure my family would last the whole day.
We have done full days before and found it to be very relaxing. The first two hours and the last 2 hours are best time.

We did slides and the big attractions first thing in the morning after we found a shady spot to lay out our towels and make a "home base", then we did the lazy river and wave pool for a while as the park got busier. We then had lunch and then went back to our "home base" area and just relaxed in the shade. I think our daughters played in the sand and I probably took a little nap. After that we felt refreshed, re-applied sun screen and hit the slides and stuff the last two hours. It was fantastic!

We have also done opening until about 1 or 2 and that was fine too.

We are very much like you. Love both Disney water parks but neither one for us is a full day experience.

10am to 2pm is about right for us. You can get a lot done right at the 10am rope drop. We like to ride Miss Adventure Falls as many times as possible first thing right at 10 before the line builds up, then switch over to Crush 'n' Gusher.

I think the heat will get to you after about 4 hours.
Plus it has been VERY stormy in the afternoon.

We just did two days there in June. We usually go from 10 -3. Leave then to avoid the afternoon storms.

We just did two days there in June. We usually go from 10 -3. Leave then to avoid the afternoon storms.
The best time to be at Typhoon Lagoon is right after a storm, everyone leaves and you basically have the whole place to yourself.

Thanks everyone! I’m going to be open ended (moved dinner reservation later) the family can stay, play and hopefully nap.

The best time to be at Typhoon Lagoon is right after a storm, everyone leaves and you basically have the whole place to yourself.
This is a very good strategy! Is there a gift shop or restaurant we can wait out the storm? Or, we’ll probably drive, maybe we hang out in the car for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter