Two rooms at which Resort?

MyTwoPrincesses

DIS Veteran
I'm traveling with my SO and 3 kids. We currently are booked to stay in two rooms at Pop Century. This is my 3rd trip to WDW with the kids and my SO's first (the other two family trips were with my now XDH). Anyway, I had previously stayed at CSR (loved it) and POFQ (Just ok). I'm really not into the atmosphere of the Pop. TBH, the giant figurines turn me off. I'm debating whether to book 2 rooms at CSR instead, but it really does increase the cost of the trip significantly. Do you think it's worth it? By going to CSR I would gain:

- A more appealing atmosphere
- Queen beds
- A better pool
- The fitness center
- A more appealing food court menu

But... The cost is about $500 more for 6 nights.

Have you considered a family suite instead? I don't know the ages of your children, but the bedroom in these suites has a queen bed. The living room has pullouts. These are at ASMu and AoA. I think they'd be less expensive than 2 mod rooms. You could also look at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness, which will sleep 6. This way you don't have to worry about not getting connecting rooms.

ETA: I just noticed on your signature that you are already booked into ASMu in May. Is this a different trip?

Vacations are precious. I wouldn't question $500 more if I knew I was buying something I wanted and it would make our vacation better. That is of course if you can afford it. :)

Have you considered a family suite instead? I don't know the ages of your children, but the bedroom in these suites has a queen bed. The living room has pullouts. These are at ASMu and AoA. I think they'd be less expensive than 2 mod rooms. You could also look at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness, which will sleep 6. This way you don't have to worry about not getting connecting rooms.

ETA: I just noticed on your signature that you are already booked into ASMu in May. Is this a different trip?

I did consider a family trip and that's what I booked initially but I'm worried about tons of school groups in May at the All Stars and I really don't find the theming appealing at all. Plus, I'd rather that everyone have a real bed rather than the sofa layout. Hence the switch to Pop. I haven't updated my signature. The cost of AoA is within $100 of two rooms in a mod so I'd definitely choose 2 rooms in a mod over AoA due to the over the top in-room theming. The trip is from May 9-15.

Looking at your signature the youngest child is only 2???? You can stay at any resort in one room as the 2yo doesn't count towards room occupancy.

Some other options to consider....
1) a suite at CSR
2)a deluxe resort...some rooms sleep 5
3)Swan & Dolphin....rooms sleep 5 and you get EMH and transportation to parks. But, no DME or DDP.

Looking at your signature the youngest child is only 2???? You can stay at any resort in one room as the 2yo doesn't count towards room occupancy.

Some other options to consider....
1) a suite at CSR
2)a deluxe resort...some rooms sleep 5
3)Swan & Dolphin....rooms sleep 5 and you get EMH and transportation to parks. But, no DME or DDP.

That's true but I am divorced and traveling with my SO. This will be our first week long trip, so I think that having more space with more privacy is the best bet. Not to mention, 2 bathrooms is a big plus. It really cuts down on the time it takes to get ready. I totally would do a family suite if they had a reasonably priced option at a resort with less garish decor. I love WDW, but I really don't like the theming at the values. :( Are suites at CSR excluded from the Spring Offer?

That's true but I am divorced and traveling with my SO. This will be our first week long trip, so I think that having more space with more privacy is the best bet. Not to mention, 2 bathrooms is a big plus. It really cuts down on the time it takes to get ready. I totally would do a family suite if they had a reasonably priced option at a resort with less garish decor. I love WDW, but I really don't like the theming at the values. :( Are suites at CSR excluded from the Spring Offer?

Sounds to me like you've already made your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter