TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

Dancing With The Stars, American Idol, Homeland after 2 seasons, The Blacklist after 2 seasons, Stranger Things after 1 season

BUT I still watch, Survivor, The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise, The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance (if it's still on... not sure post covid), and my new fav show... The Hustler.

There are a lot of shows I gave 3 or 4 episodes and never went back.

Definitely this. Every new season, I try out a few new shows, but don't keep up with them all.

It pains me to say this….The Walking Dead
We’ll see it through until the end - thank goodness this is the last season.

I was going to say that too. I used to watch it with DS. He lost interest because they killed off his favorite character, and it wasn't the kind of thing I'd watch by myself.

Many of the shows listed here are shows I watched part of episode 1 of and then gave up on!

Lately, I've given up on:

Babylon Berlin: loved season 1, hated season 2 (but DH watched it all, so I saw snippets)

Foundation: watched eps 1 and 2, then gave up. Huge disappointment as I'm a big fan of the books.

Dark: Loved season 1, liked season 2, despised season 3 and gave up on it

I find most shows that have more than a few episodes to be way too repetitive after a certain point. Even Friday Night Lights, which I enjoyed, I ended up fast-forwarding through a lot of it in later seasons.

But the shows that sustain their run and that I enjoyed deserve a shout-out here:

Catch-22, the series (on Hulu): excellent the entire way through

Deutschland 83/86/89 (3 seasons, on Hulu): outstanding. Loved the entire series.

Queen's Gambit (Netflix)--a bit annoyingly repetitive at times, but overall a great story and well done. I watched it all.

Trying (Apple TV): 2 extraordinarily great seasons. Looking forward to the 3rd.

Mindhunter (Netflix): Superb. Very disappointed it wasn't renewed for a 3rd season.

Vera (BritBox): There can never be enough Vera episodes. Love love love this show.

I stopped after a certain important episode that changed the show I'll say. I couldn't finish I think it was season 9. It was also a time that I lost access to easily watching with no cable. I have since went back and watched 9 and 10 on Netflix which it did get better. Just isn't the same though now. I'll have to watch the last season when it gets to Netflix.

Breaking Bad. I think it went too long. I can't remember what season I lost interest towards the end and I haven't finished it. This is one I never watched until I was on Netflix.

I couldn't get into Lost (Netflix). I never had premium channels so never had the opportunity to watch. Couldn't get through the first season.

There are a lot of shows I gave 3 or 4 episodes and never went back. The one I watched for a long time and then gave up on was Law & Order SVU. The stories just got a little monotonous and I got tired of Mariska.

One I'm starting to finally get tired of is Criminal Minds. I have watched it from the beginning and it was my favorite show for a while I think it dropped a lot when both Hotch and Morgan's characters left. I'm almost watching at this point because I'm sticking it out through the end but it isn't as good as it was for the first decade.
I was thinking there aren't many I give up on once I'm sucked in, but SVU I really haven't watched other than here and there in years and I used to watch every week for a long time.

Curse of Oak Island. That was the only show I watched religiously. We cut the cable a year ago and I was forced to stop watching my show. It actually didn't bother me to quit as much as I thought it would.

I really haven't followed many shows over the recent years, but I used to never miss The Walking Dead. So I watched for about 9 1/2 to 10 seasons.
Still the best zombie makeup in any medium, but as far as moments of plot/story and characterization goes, the show really insults the audience.

Faking Glen's death was a cheap shot. They deliberately setup shots to have us believe he was eaten by zombies, then *episodes later* they reveal he hid under a dumpster while the other guy was eaten. I like cliffhangers, but it was a really slimy way of misleading the audience.

The showrunners, especially during Scott Gimple's run, had the attitude that "whatever we do, the fans are going to watch anyway" which leads to so many issues.

There's also too much filler.
While important scenes start pulling you into the story up towards a tense cliffhanger, TWD will say "Nevermind!" and keep you hanging as the next episode will be entirely moments of navel-gazing between two characters. Meanwhile you're still wondering about the other characters in a life/death struggle from last episode. There are moments when you do need character building, but so much of what Walking Dead does is padding.

Because I watched on AMC as the episodes aired, you have to sit through long sessions of commercials, and when you have scenes that are just padding, this means time wasted. Over the years, those commercial sessions seemed even longer.
It's a better show to binge on Netflix than to watch on AMC.

The longer it's become, more of the central cast has quit the show, including the lead Andrew Lincoln.

Having said that, I recently caught up with a over a years worth of TWD on Netflix that I missed, and it wasn't many episodes due to the pandemic.
The show is currently on it's last season, and I'll stream the rest when it's over, because I've come this far.

Previous comments about the Walking Dead -- I watched up until Rick was taken, then I really didn't care. I will probably go back and catch up on Netflix and finish it out now that I know it's ending, but it went two seasons too long. Fear the Walking Dead I have grown to like the cast more, but am tiring of the storylines -- same old same old.

We really took to Surrealestate -- brilliantly different, but no one is addressing if it is getting renewed. Also like Ghosts, nice half hour comedy.

American Horror Story jumped the shark for us this past season -- both storylines are just dumb and unnecessarily graphic! The gore does nothing to advance the stories. Love Anna Kendrick, hates Love Life -- gave it 3 episodes and stopped recording. Also, hated Fantasy Island -- old school, it was too full of sex and nonsense. The ""mystery" storylines were not enough to hold our attention.

I've given up on TV all together. Since starting right before Memorial Day, I watched TV once, on August 7, the last Saturday evening of the Olympics.

I might start again tomorrow now that the new NHL season is here, but it will be sparingly.

The Walking Dead - fell away from this in season two but spent the last few weeks watching it from the beginning again. I'm up to date now and have lost interest so much I won't bother to watch when it comes back on. I'm so tired of the same story being played out over and over. I'll wait till it's over then watch the last episode.

This Is Us - I loved the first season but didn't feel the same interest or connection in the second.

Ozark - I think this show is fantastic in terms of quality but for some reason I never got around to watching it again after the first season. Can see me going back to this.

The Sinner - thought the first season was incredible, didn't like the second as much and gave up completely without finishing the third.

Supernatural - gave up in season 6. Came to the conclusion both brothers would keep surviving while everyone around them was expendable. Seeing how long it went on I'm glad I gave up when I did.

The Blacklist - I stopped watching when I gave up hope of any kind of satisfying conclusion to the mystery of Raymond Reddington.

Curse of Oak Island................watched it a few times during the first couple of seasons but like a bad soap opera. The last 15 minutes of each show they find a scrap of wood or piece of metal/coin and everyone acts surprised and encourages us to tune in for the next episode. They have never found any of the supposed treasure, talk/interview lots of people with hunches/theories/opinions and spend a LOT of time drilling holes in the ground. Can recall one show where 3-4 of them flew to the UK to talk with someone having yet another theory, but no real evidence/proof. Couldn't they have had a video conference as a more cost effective meeting? Assume History Channel pays them a LOT of $$$ so they obviously have incentive to keep it going.

NCIS.......the original one. Now that every one of the original cast has been replaced multiple times, it is like a totally different show from the same office building. Think they have run out of script ideas. All of the NCIS spinoffs are just the same show in a different city with other actors.

Gold Rush..........and all of those spinoffs. Every week is another problem with the equipment and some of the workers argue with each other. They also randomly dig in various places for gold because they are 'sure' some is going to be there. Now a new show about jade seems the same just looking for a different mineral.

La Brea..........claimed to be the most popular new show. Too bizarre and not sure where it is going.

Last edited:
I’m really struggling to get thru this. Put in so much time I can’t give up now.

Walking dead - jumped the shark awhile ago. Glad this is the final season- I’ll bet they throw the bucket of chum at the final episodes- Rick! Michone! negan! So done already

survivor really gets “staged”. They always find hidden stuff. Someone always gets voted out with an idol in their pocket, and this ”woke” season was my final straw (good grief saying “guys“ is offensive… done

The Walking Dead (this year)
The Blacklist (after Red got out of prison)
Arrow (about the second to last season)
The Flash (this year)

I don’t have anything current, because I am not into current programming. I don’t like contest shows or reality shows, and never got into the procedural shows either.

There are two shows from the past that come to mind though. The original Twin Peaks. I loved the vibe of the first season, but once they figured out who Bob was at the end of season one, it totally went off the rails for season two, and I stopped watching. The other is a British show called Hotel Babylon. I liked the first two seasons, but the cast changes at the beginning of season three caused me to stop watching (which was a good thing, as I read they were abruptly cancelled after season four, leaving a lot of cliffhangers).

I don’t have anything current, because I am not into current programming. I don’t like contest shows or reality shows, and never got into the procedural shows either.

There are two shows from the past that come to mind though. The original Twin Peaks. I loved the vibe of the first season, but once they figured out who Bob was at the end of season one, it totally went off the rails for season two, and I stopped watching.

The remake a couple of years ago was just plain awful. Very disappointing and I just couldn't finish it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!