TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by disney junky, Feb 12, 2019.

1. disney junky

disney junky BWV

I watched This is Us from the beginning, but after the first season, I just lost interest. Anyone else?

lifesavacation, mom2rb and emer95 like this.
  2. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Greys Anatomy.
    Watched it for a few seasons, then stopped.

karensi, ZBMom and lovesmurfs like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lorimay

lorimay Celebrating 32 Ears

A Million Little Things
    Homeland
    American Housewife
    Survivor
    American Idol

5. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

The Walking Dead. They lost me 3 or 4 years ago now. I’ve not bothered to watch the new seasons of Ozark or Stranger Things either although I may at some point.

6. SC Minnie

SC Minnie <font color=purple>Are we there yet???<br><font co

A Million Little Things- I watched the first several episodes then lost interest. I have the remaining ones on the DVR put haven't watched.

Modern Family- used to watch it every week. The past couple of years haven't been that funny to me and haven't watched.

7. rajak73

rajak73 DIS Veteran

Dancing with the stars, since they changed to a poll, doesn't matter if you can dance or not, just a popularity contest. Stopped watching after the rapper stayed 3 weeks and all he ever did was shuffle his feet. The judges kept giving him 1 or 2 but the popular vote kept him.

8. GreatLakes

GreatLakes DIS Veteran

There are a lot of shows I gave 3 or 4 episodes and never went back. The one I watched for a long time and then gave up on was Law & Order SVU. The stories just got a little monotonous and I got tired of Mariska.

One I'm starting to finally get tired of is Criminal Minds. I have watched it from the beginning and it was my favorite show for a while I think it dropped a lot when both Hotch and Morgan's characters left. I'm almost watching at this point because I'm sticking it out through the end but it isn't as good as it was for the first decade.

tarheelmjfan likes this.
  9. AndreaDM

AndreaDM <font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<

This is Us, we watched the first 2 seasons but quit watching after 2 or 3 episodes into the 3rd season. Just too whiny and repetitive.

10. Birdie dog

Birdie dog Mouseketeer

Shameless! I loved it and it's gotten so stale. It's disappointing.
    I gave up the Walking Dead a few years ago because of the "dream sequences" and time hops. The show simply isn't good enough for them to even attempt that.
    And Survivor.
    I used to love it, but now it's all models and drama instead of the real premise the show was based on.

11. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

It's a rarity for me, but one was ER back in the day. I was a huge fan, until they killed off Mark Green. I could've stayed on board, but they way they did it was pretty lame after he had already beat cancer once. Then in the very next episode someone walks into a helicopter blade. I turned it off at that moment. and never watched again. I figured the writers were just killing and maiming because they were out of ideas.

OKW8297, wenrob and disney junky like this.
  12. AndreaDM

AndreaDM <font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<

Ah yes, Shameless for me too! Watched every season until this last one, they just keep recreating the same plots over and over.

13. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

Dancing with the Stars
    Scorpion
    Blindspot
    Quantico
    Lost
    Heroes
    Z Nation
    ...I'm sure there are many more

14. TeresaBelle

TeresaBelle <font color=magenta>Still sleeps with a security b

The Big Bang Theory - loved the first few seasons, but when they all got girlfriends/wives, it just wasn't as funny anymore.

LSUmiss and rinnythepooh like this.
  15. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

I'll be honest, I didn't lose interest, none of the shows listed above ever captured my interest.
    Now, when I worked at a CBS station we used to talk the next day on air about who got voted off, so I would pay some attention to that show.
    The crew was unanimous in wanting JEFF PROBST voted off.
    We never understood HOW that show got on the air, and it premiered almost 19 years ago and is STILL ON.

Monykalyn likes this.
  16. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

Agree. I’ve never watched a single episode of the singing/dancing/surviving contest-type shows and I doubt I ever will. Cop/detective shows are also not my thing so there goes 3/4 of the network line-ups. :confused3

17. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

My recent one is The Walking Dead. I quit when they killed off the Jesus character because I felt like that was the last straw.

I also gave up on This Is Us after the first year. Quality show but didn't hold my interest.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  18. RUDisney

RUDisney <font color=teal>Mom to Ivan & Kristina<br><font c

This is Us... boring this season. I don't think I'll watch it next season.

SMILF was good last season... not so much this one.

I gave up on Grey's years ago.

19. Praying Colonel

Praying Colonel DIS Veteran

How I Met Your Mother got really bad and I quit watching in the next to last season, but then came back for the final season. Huge mistake!

There are a few British shows I started watching but the show got weird after actors' initial contract ran out and they left. Don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that the standard contract for actors on British shows is 3 years so you'll often see a lot of changes from Year 4 on. Monarch of the Glen and Ballykissangel were good but then pivotal characters decided not to continue and they were written out.

20. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Our TV viewing habits are sad.
    We watch 60 year old reruns of Perry Mason during dinner.
    We watch Love It Or List it because we are still amazed that similar 3,000 square foot homes are selling for $200,000 in one part of the U.S. and $2 million in another.
    I will tune in my "Judge" shows, (Paternity, Judy, People's Court) just to see stupid people

karensi, PollyannaMom and superme80 like this.
  21. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

Saw a great meme on FB making fun of the “10-year challenge”. Pic one was the original cast. Pic two was just her at the cemetery LOL

TheFloatingBear, Monykalyn and wenrob like this.