TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

I've come to realize that if I miss 3 or more episodes of a show I've been watching, and realize I don't miss it or don't care to catch up, then I know it's not for me anymore and it's off my DVR LOL

Still love Chicago Fire, Blue Bloods, CSI and all the Law and Orders. Never tire of them.

NCIS and all of the various spin-offs in other cities. Same show/crime story but in a different location. The original NCIS show has turned over all of the main characters, many of them more then once. Same show with different actors. The show used to center around M. Harmon as the lead character. Now someone we never previously knew replaced him and the show's dynamics seem different. Think it is time to end that series.

I stopped watching ALL of those 'family reality' shows. Too many self-absorbed/arrogant people arguing with each other. Not my idea of entertainment. It is probably likely the show's producers encourage the phony 'drama' to get more people to watch.

All of those home remodeling shows. How many different variations can we have on some duo fixing up old/rundown houses? Show tends to start out with the focus on the houses but eventually spends too much time centered around the interaction of the people doing the remodeling. Many seem to have one design style in mind they apply to every house. When they are fixing up the house for the current owner, I don't get why the current owners rarely gets to provide any input on what their preferences are.

Last edited:
Yes, I love Med and Fire, too.

PD is just so darn violent. I don't really like that aspect. I think the actors in it are really strong, though, so I keep watching it. The characters are an interesting blend of good/bad which I also think is kind of compelling.

What makes you tired of PD @disneychrista?

I've come to realize that if I miss 3 or more episodes of a show I've been watching, and realize I don't miss it or don't care to catch up, then I know it's not for me anymore and it's off my DVR LOL

Same here. I usually watch my favorite shows the same week or within 2 weeks and binge the first week and the new episode together as I'm eager to watch them. Once a show starts piling up in my DVR and it actually becomes work to get around to watching a show, I know I'm no longer interested. Either the show has jumped the shark, or it's jumped the shark for me.
jumpshark.gif

Grew very tired of Survivor -- they are running out of ideas and/or twists. For the past 3 seasons, we have not been able to watch it to the end. It's the same old same old. However, we still love The Amazing Race. At least that show goes to different locations and isn't stuck on an island for 13 weeks LOL

I've never missed an episode of Chicago Fire, but never got interested in PD or Med. I am also a season behind on Grey's Anatomy, which may be me jumping the shark on that series. Watched New Amsterdam and loved it the first season. Once they conveniently killed the wife, I was done.

Most scripted programs these days are just boring. The writers are constrained by Network policy and general wokeism. The shows from the 80 and 90's are much more interesting.

Most scripted programs these days are just boring. The writers are constrained by Network policy and general wokeism. The shows from the 80 and 90's are much more interesting.

YES -- never grow tired of Seinfeld, Friends and King of Queens. Even love watching reruns of Dick Van Dyke LOL

Grew very tired of Survivor -- they are running out of ideas and/or twists. For the past 3 seasons, we have not been able to watch it to the end. It's the same old same old.

I agree was something new/different when the show first started. Now everyone knows how to form those phony 'alliances' when clearly everyone is out for themselves and the goal is to be the last one left who wins.

My son and I finally grew tired of The Flash and Arrow, we still love the older seasons but as they kept going we started dropping out more and more.

Any and all Audition/Talent type of shows. As a family we were really into them and then one by one just lost interest.

My daughter will only tune in to Dancing with the 'stars' on Disney night and if it's on, every now and then in passing I will stop and watch a bit.

I was addicted to Dynasty for the longest time and then it just got too ridiculous and I tried to watch a few more episodes of the new season and it wasn't enough to pull me back in.

She Hulk hooked us for 2 episodes and then we lost interest.

For now, we are not really into anything except we love Law & Order Organized Crime and the Rookies, other than that we prefer to just take hikes, read books, play board games, video games or just sit around the kitchen table and chat. TV has not even been good for background noise lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter