Tusker House closed for refurb this fall!!

Gosh, we've always been driven away from Flame Tree by the awful poo smell coming out of the bathrooms right next to it! I giggled when I saw the "best smell" quote. And now we don't eat meat, so it's really a pity that they're taking away the only AK restaurant that we enjoy.

Cheers!
Heather W

I agree about the smell, that is one reason we've never tried it.

My list of closures is growing
HM better open by 9/15 when we arrive
SSE closed
Tusker house closed
Oh boy - Donald's breakfast here we come

Just learned of this today:

Tusker House at Animal Kingdom will be closed August 20 through November 17 to be converted to a buffet service restaurant. The new restaurant will offer a character breakfast buffet, Donald's Safari Breakfast, featuring Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy (subject to change). The restaurant will also have non-character buffets for lunch and dinner. Hours will be from 8 - 10:30 a.m. for breakfast; 11:30 a.m. until park closing for lunch and dinner. When Tusker House reopens, the Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery will only operate from the outdoor window.

Sorry, but this totally sucks. This is one of our favorite Disney restaurants. We ALWAYS stop there mid-morning for juice, coffee and danish and we ALWAYS have lunch there on our AK days. I guess we'll still be able to get a snack in the morning, but will have to sit outside somewhere. And forget the lunches we've come to look forward to. I'm sure the buffet will be considerably more expensive than the current counter service prices.

We did try Flame Tree last trip for the first time and really liked it, so I guess we'll be going there instead.

I think this one warrants a nasty letter to Disney.

Yes I heard the news about Tusker house. About 2 weeks ago. I never been there. But, I am sad to hear because I wanted to try it in August:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter