Tulip Help

HPotter

Mouseketeer
My tulips are almost ready to bloom, but every year squirrels and rabbits eat 80% of them. How can I prevent this from happening?

Ahhh the proverbial "squirrel problem". I think you need to get Mamu to answer you on this one!!! She (or actually I believe it was her husband) has a rather interesting solution to squirrel problems... involving "talk radio" I believe. It was awhile that this was a topic in a post - but I think she is the one to help you out here!

HPotter Haven't found a solution yet but I'm sure there will be new gatgets this year.

We have peach trees, I tell DH you can't feed the squirrels year round and not have problems. They show no mercy when it comes to peaches. All day long up the tree get a peach, come down the tree with the peach eat it and back up the tree for another peach.

First he gets one of those fake owls, works for a while. But squirrels love peaches and pretty soon they realize this owl is not threat. Next he gets wind chimes also works for a while. He now has the brillant idea that he will hang a radio in the tree. This seems to work for some time and I get to listen to music while gardening. He informs me I cannot leave the radio on a music station I have to change the channel to a talk radio channel. I didn't know squirrels knew the difference but I guess they do because they dance right up that tree for peaches. Now I know he's lost it. I look out the window and he has large stuffed DINO's tied to the base of the tree.

When he finally finds the right deterrent for squirrels I going to patient it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter