trying to plan a DFTW VR....

Lisacope

DIS Veteran
And I am trying to pick a reception site - if I select my first choice we will not be able to start the dinner until 10:00pm :eek:

I am guessing the schedule of events would be

8:00pm ceremony at the WP
8:45pmish cocktail/app party
10:00pm-midnight dinner reception

Would this be too late? how would this affect my event and guests?

We had a late ceremony/reception, about 1 hr earlier than your plans. 7pm ceremony, 8:30 pre-reception 9pm reception. I don't really know how the guests felt. We told them to eat a late lunch...LOL

If they all know well enough in advance, they should be able to plan their day accordingly. The only thing about a late wedding (our reception went until 1am) is that most of the guests left by midnight, which was too bad because that's when the party really got started and the DJ played the good music. LOL Sometimes you wonder about people. We had an in park reception...why wouldn't you want to stay until the BITTER END of an event that is likely to be once in a lifetime (being at a private, in park party after hours)? Well maybe it's just me, then...:rotfl:

For the record, we had a full, buffet dinner. People started eating at 9:30. I certainly hope they ate their fill b/c it was the best wedding food I've ever had...lol

that doesnt sound so bad....ive been to several weddings where dinner was "late"....like cyrssi said, people know in advance.

The cocktail/app should be able to hold people over too

i think you should be fine

The timeline for my event would be:

8:00pm ceremony at WP
9:00pm cocktail/app pre-recep
10:00pm-1:00am recep

I could maybe cover babysitting for anyone with little ones...

I am also still looking at other options

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter