Truck Pride

All of you that pull a trailer with your truck, what make is it?

• Ford

• Toyota

• Chevy/GM

• Dodge

• Nissan

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hear ya Dan. I tow my TT with a Seqouia, which is the SUV version of your truck. Nice ride, quiet, and handles well. However, when towing the trailer I am stopping every 2-2.5 hours for gas. Makes the trip more expensive, because then DW and the kids all have to go an hit the bathroom and buy something while they are inside.

Lots of proud Ford owners here but I cast my vote for my Chevy Suburban.

When I was looking I needed something that would carry 5 adult-sized people (my kids are full size) plus all the stuff 5 people bring places. So I needed a third row seating which took most crew cab trucks out of the picture. So the Suburban has that best mix for me of passenger space and interior luggage space.

It hardly knows my pop-up is back there when I'm towing it. In fact, when towing it only drops the mileage down to what I get in the city commuting daily. It's not a big hit like the minivan was. So I get about 19/15 driving it.

DSC00011.jpg

Love it - wish I would have gotten one a long time ago.! :wizard:

Bama ED

Nice truck. Looks alot like mine lol well except the color. I too wish I got mine years ago. Hey at least we have them now huh.

It's our favorite place to stay when we go to San Antonio. How do you like it?

Speaking of SA, I wish Disney would of bought Sea World...

It was nice we were only there 2 nights then off to Austin.

Here's my Toy and former trailer at the beach in 2008. It won't tow a house down, but get's 19 mpg on the highway (not towing) and cost about $20,000 less than the diesel I was drooling over. When it came down to the bottom line, $20,000 covers a lot of nights camping. I do wish it had a bigger fuel tank, because 9 mpg while towing with a 25 gallon tank means an awful lot of stops on a long road trip.

CampsiteC6.jpg

My mpg is worse then yours 13 on the highway 6 pulling the toy hauler. When we had the old 5er I got 10 pulling it. Now my wife's dodge diesel 19 highway 12 pulling the trailer.

This was my DW's old truck it would drag anything any speed. But it rode like a tank. It needed a long bed. It would get 22 mpg on the highway and 12 mpg pulling.

11-10-05_1607.jpg
[/IMG]

I answered Dodge as I use my dad's truck to pull his airstream. It's an old 1989 dodge 250 with a Cummins Diesel. Great truck. Just no crew cab to fit the family. In the tradition of Diesel, I've been looking at the powerstroke, but I have a hard time laying down 40k+ for a new truck. The used powerstrokes at the local dealerships are not much better in price.

Our brush-truck at the fire station is a 2007 Ford F550 with a PowerStroke diesel. I love it. Even with all the weight on the back, she gets up and goes. I would love that as my truck.

Wish I would have had one on my 1/2 ton last Sept, cost the insurance co $2000 to fix my truck after I hit the deer at 55 mph.

This is my ride. This was taken shortly after picking up the new camper. It is a Dodge Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel Mega Cab.

6614_104013763662_558493662_2192525_1294194_n.jpg

This was our favorite tow vehicle ever until last July. I sold her to an older couple looking to get back into RVing. That's cool. :thumbsup2

I do miss her, though.

F250A001.jpg

F250A004.jpg

Does everyone in Texas have a big aftermarket bumper on their Diesel ?

In the smaller towns most of the 4x4 trucks run them. Back in 05 it saved my Disney vacation. A guy in a truck ran right into it and cut his fender right open our truck was loaded and we left for the Fort a few hours later. It only took the powder coat off the bumper.:thumbsup2

100_0123.jpg

100_4258.jpg

2005 F-350 Lariat package , 6.0 powerstroke turbo, 6 speed torque shift transmission. Sweet ride whenever I can pry the wife out of it....

I am driving a 2009 GMC. I think you should have a vote where GMC is involved. Its not just another Chevy to me

I am wondering if anyone will be there to help me a newbie to backing in a fifth wheel Oct 19 in the evening. The sooner we get the monster parked the sooner the fun begins. Thanks for any advice:eek:

I am wondering if anyone will be there to help me a newbie to backing in a fifth wheel Oct 19 in the evening. The sooner we get the monster parked the sooner the fun begins. Thanks for any advice:eek:

One of our favorite pasttimes when camping is when newbies arrive in a nearby site and try to back in. We rush outside and move our chairs so that we can watch the action. popcorn:: It's particularly interesting when it's a husband-and-wife team. Usually he's doing the backing and she's doing the spotting. You can tell alot about the strength of their relationship by watching them back in a big TT. :rotfl2:

Just kidding really. As the driver who backs in a pop-up, I tell my spotter (my 16-year old who is pretty good at communicating) just tell me if I'm lined up and then when trying to turn I think "opposites". Works for me. Good luck! Seriously, if I were there I'd help spot you. Don't worry about asking for help. Most Fort Fiends are the helpful type. :goodvibes

Bama ED

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter