Towels/Clothes on Balcony Railings

"Studio Trash" lol that is too funny...oops wait we usually stay in a studio--but we never hang our laundry on the balcany!:jester:

To dry ponchos faster we lie them on the floor and wipe them with a towel--dry and ready to be folded in seconds flat!:bounce:

I appreciate and respect everyone's opinion, but let's take a minute and picture what it would look like if half the balconies at VWL had laundry hanging from them. A beautiful, architectural marval would be covered with towels and swimsuits. Seriously, picture what it would look like. Does anyone really think that this would be the vision of a first class resort?
I don't think I would have a problem with stuff on the chairs, as that would be hard to see.
For those who are of the opinion that this practice is acceptable, try looking at it from the pool, courtyard, or some other outside area. It really is an eyesore when viewed from the outside.

........:mad:

You can take the people out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the people;)

Seriously, I don't particularly care what people hang out, although undies might be overdoing things a bit. Still, New Year's Eve at Epcot found everyone drenched to the bone when it began to rain during Illuminations, and it just poured. I had a poncho on--I am a DIS veteren, after all:p :p --I still was soaked to my waist after having to walk thru 2 inches of rain on the sidewalks. The next day really did look like the Clampett's had invaded Disney, since almost everyone had EVERYTHING waving from the balconies. I just assumed that everyone would use their dryers, but they didn't. I thought Santa had taken all the dryers back because we were all bad little boys and girls (It WAS New Year's):jester:

Does anything ever really "dry" while hanging out on a WDW balcony???? Maybe drip-dry, but that could be accomplished hanging them over the tub.
When we used to stay at the Poly we would put our bathing suits and towels out on the lounge chairs overnite--only to find them almost as wet the next morning as when we put them out.

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
I appreciate and respect everyone's opinion, but let's take a minute and picture what it would look like if half the balconies at VWL had laundry hanging from them. A beautiful, architectural marval would be covered with towels and swimsuits. Seriously, picture what it would look like. Does anyone really think that this would be the vision of a first class resort?

I can just see it now -- "Announcing Disney's Beach Slum Resort, capturing the casual lifestyle of a Florida beach town. The resort buildings will all be of different clashing architectural styles, in various states of disrepair, and will be so close together that a rat could travel from one end of the resort to the other without touching the ground. Authentic touches include exterior corridors and stairwells, paint chips peeling off the building exteriors, beer cans embedded in the sand, and beach towels hanging from every balcony. Opens September 2006."

Ok I have to say that anything hanging over the balcony rail is alittle unsightly and sloppy BUT hanging off the chair on the balcony is ok IMHO. Actually we don't even hang anything off our rails at home and only hang it on the chairs to dry. Aren't we all supposed to be treating this like our home? Makes you wonder.....:o :D :D

But I also think it is not our place to go and correct someone. It could lead to a very ugly scene and really not worth it. It is Disney's responsibility to handle this. Just hope they take notice soon before it becomes a big problem. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
When we used to stay at the Poly we would put our bathing suits and towels out on the lounge chairs overnite--only to find them almost as wet the next morning as when we put them out.
If you hang things out overnight theywill get wet again. Dew, I believe. :) I learned at summer camp to take things off the line at night!

I you put stuff out on the chairs for a few hours during the day, it will dry very quickly! Just don't leave it overnight.

But I also think it is not our place to go and correct someone. It could lead to a very ugly scene and really not worth it. It is Disney's responsibility to handle this. Just hope they take notice soon before it becomes a big problem.
If you did want to let them know, I think the best way would be to tape a note on thier door. That avoids any face to face confrontation and possible aurgument, but lets the person know. It doesn't interrupt thier stay and they can choose to ignore it if they wish. They also may not be aware, and it is a discreet approach to sharing you opinion with them. I thought about doing it with folks who I saw leaving trash bags outside thier door that seemed to stay for a couple of days. Kind of rude to leave that in the hallway for everyone else to view. A polite note might have let them know about the inconvenience those passing by had to deal with because they didn't take the time to carry thier trash to the proper location.

I agree with Capt Midnight. while I was at OKW with my son and wife one night, I quess we got a little loud. The next morning I found a note on the floor by the lockoff door. It said 'please by quiet. thanks your friend' .. I did not know that we were being a loud. I was sorry, so I sent a reply through the bottom of the door saying..' so sorry friend' ...dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter